It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Opinion on this photo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Looks like a couple of white cars (or somethign large like an SUV) parked in the middle of a desert. I don't think it's Mars simply because I've never seen an iamge from one fo the probes or rovers with such bad quality. Unless someone intentionally lowered the quality to spark discussion.

Ok if you went to the link you will see what it was that I did. I saw something that looked out of place on the original pic and just Zoomed it and then cropped the zoomed image just to see it better. If I just put the unzoomed pic you wouldn't really see it. You are right about the SUV look to it. It looked like 2 tinted black windows that are canopy shaped. I just found it out of place on a martian rover pic.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
This pictures makes the Canals on Mars a good concept again. With such a bad image, one can make out what they want to see.

That image is so compressed it makes the sky look like its filled with huge flying bacteria. Now knowing that the bad artifacts are distorting a basic linear gradient tone of the sky so harshly, imagine what details are being washed out in the way distant terrain. Defining shapes based on such a corrupted image is more wishful thinking than anything else.

I know Im sorry..the best thing I had to use was irfanview to try to bring it in clearer. Its very grainy.

Pie

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by llfrequencyll
If you can tell us the source of the pic it would really help.

Of course.No secret Nasa. I didn't add or alter the pic other then to zoom in on it. I may have clicked on Enhance once but Im not sure If I undid it or not. It didn't really help.

Heres the link to the original pic.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think it looks like happiness on a cold winters eve, I think it could even look like a song from a childhood memory....

Actually all I see is a bunch of rocks.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Of course.No secret Nasa. I didn't add or alter the pic other then to zoom in on it. I may have clicked on Enhance once but Im not sure If I undid it or not. It didn't really help.

Just running it once shouldn't be a big deal, so no worries.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

Just running it once shouldn't be a big deal, so no worries.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

well a couple of people thought I may have altered it but its just a regular pic that was in the raw images file of the martian rovers and I just zoomed it. I thought it was pretty cool. I hope some found it at least interesting to check out and have some fun shooting some ideas around.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   

well a couple of people thought I may have altered it but its just a regular pic that was in the raw images file of the martian rovers and I just zoomed it. I thought it was pretty cool. I hope some found it at least interesting to check out and have some fun shooting some ideas around.

Yes I found it interesting. It looks to me like the nose cone of a plane of some sort or a vehicle of some sort. I do wondered sometimes if 'messages' are dropped into images. Part of the 'awakening' process.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Interesting. It does kinda seem like something is there, but I doubt Nasa would post it if it was.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I guess we need "special" people to see "special" things.
No put down intended....
I guess I'm just too mundane (put down intended!)

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
First and foremost, the resolutions is very low so we cannot really tell what the heck is that thing sitting on top of the hill. It could be nothing at all or it could be something worth mentioning.

My opinion is that it could just be some sort of hill or rock formations deceiving the eyes making it looked like some kind of UFO or what have you. To be honest, I didn't know what you're showing us that looks so unique or amazing. Sorry man. No aliens and certainly no UFO.

I say it's just a hill. A martian one of course.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Some people see Jet Fighters. Some people see Giant spiders and robots. Some people see the face on Mars.

Folks, we have a new contender for the Rorsach blot test! Martian Rover pics!

Personally, Id rather look at rover pics than a black inkblob anyday really.

But these photos, even my my wildest stretch of imagination, still only really look like a pile of rocks and sand. I sure as hell, even with help, do not see aircraft.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The picture looks like it was poorly dried, the surface did not come out flat. This makes the finished image sort of lizzard skinned. We need a scan of the negative to make a good guess what is going on.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Ok if you went to the link you will see what it was that I did. I saw something that looked out of place on the original pic and just Zoomed it and then cropped the zoomed image just to see it better. If I just put the unzoomed pic you wouldn't really see it. You are right about the SUV look to it. It looked like 2 tinted black windows that are canopy shaped. I just found it out of place on a martian rover pic.

I didn't really mean to accuse you of anything. Just that after being here for so long, you start to get suspicious of everything.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
ThePieMaN:

"You see the 2 black things that I said looked like a canopy of a jet? Why are those 2 suspended above the other rocks in the embossed photo with a empty space where the white part of the "jet" is?"

um, I don't precieve it that way... the 'canopy' seems to exhibit the same characteristics as all the other rocks in the photo...

I think, more than the 'canopy' or 'engines' the thing that draws attention to this formation is the straight edges and pointy tip of the 'wing', which seems 'out of place' on a mostly rounded landform....

to the left of this formation is another 'pointy rock' that exhibits wing like characteristics... it just doens't have the 'engine' rocks or 'canopy' rocks next to it...

here's a treatment of the images in negative::

www.torbtown.com...

note that the 'pointy rock', upon closer inspection, looks very much like a Viper from Battlestar Galactica...

After examining this photo for so long now, I have to ask/point out:

notice that our little tiny dinky itsy bitsy rover churned up great big deep tire tracks...

wouldn't a great big hefty X-Wing crash landing on the surface leave a bit of dent?

Shouldn't there be some skid marks or fall out from an impact crater?

The landscape around the 'X-Wing' seems to be remarkably undisturbed...

rock on
twj

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think what's throwing you off is the contrasting landscape. It naturally draws the eye, and suggests patterns in randomness. I agree that this is a picture of dirt, and the discoloration may be due to lighting and mineral enrichment of the soil. That being said; my first impression was that it was artificial.

I still enjoy looking at the face of Cydonia, with a small shade of hope, regardless of what the evidence points to.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Dr_Faustus]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
hmmm...when i first looked at this i thoguht it to be just a hill but now tht u think of it....that kinda reminds me of a space craft or shelter of somesort...very hightech...not technology i have ever seen before if it is.....this is a pretty good picture...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

tht is a clearer image........now tht i see tht it looks more like a # load of rocks...sorry man......maybe you'll ifnd something next time....

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon

wouldn't a great big hefty X-Wing crash landing on the surface leave a bit of dent?
Shouldn't there be some skid marks or fall out from an impact crater?

I never thought it looked like it crashed. It looks to me like its in mid-flight or hovering. I found all the raw images from the day that was captured. A few of the pictures have it ( 3rd,4th,5th 6th pictures).

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelinGroovy

tht is a clearer image........now tht i see tht it looks more like a # load of rocks...sorry man......maybe you'll ifnd something next time....

wow that is clearer. I dunno it still looks like a plane of some sort to me tho. I can see the pointed wings in the back (1 pointing up and 1 pointing down) and the 2 "canopies" in front , the 3 black dots where the engine area would be. 2 of them being parallel and 1 in the center below the other 2. No I have never dropped acid !!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
ThePieMaN:

hey, this is cool... so if I'm reading these incredibly long file names correctly, what we have is two sets of images taken some time apart, each set contains an image from the Left and Right cameras... so we should be able to generate two stereo images... he hee heee.

So what is your current working theory? That this is an intact craft hovering or setting on the ground either right on top of or just a little behind the hill??

Looking at these quickly, I still just see rocks and dirt, but when my daughter gives me a chance I'll play with them in paintshop and see what pops up....

rock on
twj

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join