It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Opinion on this photo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'd like your opinion on this photo. I will post a link to the rest and the original if anyone is interested. Im curious as to wether or not anyone else sees what I see in the pic without me pointing it out.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Martian landscape with a hill in the background?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Reminds me of one of those old b+w monters flicks.....giant spiders or ants or something coming over the horizon.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Martian landscape with a hill in the background?

You don't see that white thing there in the middle?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think he probably does see it... but it definately could pass as just a hill in the distance with some boulders dotting it.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well, i have studided this for the last 20 minutes and can only see what appears to be three objects which dont have anything to do with the landscape. They are mid centre, just above the white part on top of the hill.
Sorry, but that is all i could come with. They appear to be just above the ground.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I will post a link to the rest and the original if anyone is interested.

Would be great if you can provide a link.

sanc'.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I see it, looks like a dune with a few dark colored rocks on it.

I don't see anything strange or weird though.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
BTW you are right about the Martian landscape.

Sanctum: sure. The original photo is there plus the link to the nasa photo as well.

Link here

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
LOL... after following that link, my immediate reaction was... is it "the face"

??

--I think the X-wing Fighter idea is a bit far-fetched.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by firebat]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

??

No LOL I wish we could finally get a pic of that thing tho. Finally either prove or disprove that theory. I'm seeing like a X-wing type of jet or something. It looks like a fighter jet canopy with the 2 Black tinted windows .

I realize this is not the same but in as far as describing it this would be as close to it as I could come.

Am I buggin out?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

??

I guess it was the only way to describe it. I mean its obviously not a rock I don't think and I don't think its part of the hill. What else could it be? My son says it looks like it might be a building.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Looks like Lord Vader's shuttle crashed....or perhaps a small hill with more rocks, just like the other few thousand in the photo....

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The more I look at it, the more it kinda looks like the Nautilus from the original 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea movie.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
If one looks at the whole image and take you consider perspective, i would say it's a geological formation.

sanc'.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What's with the weird things in front of the robot in the original picture. Looks like dead fish
. It must just be rocks. Hmm no nevermind... those are the robots tracks. That's how easy it is to misinterpret this picture.

To me the "UFO" thing is just too far away and not detailled enough to tell. When I first looked at it, it seemed like some of the rocks were floating, but I suppose it could just be light hitting a rock surface making it seem brighter. I'm sure the robot later went up to it and took pictures, proving that it was just a rock.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
What's with the weird things in front of the robot in the original picture. Looks like dead fish
. It must just be rocks. Hmm no nevermind... those are the robots tracks. That's how easy it is to misinterpret this picture.

Yes thats actually salt (The white stuff in the dirt) That salt and that object are the only white things in the whole picture. Everything else is drab and colorless.

I guess I was just buggin out.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It is quite obviously just a bunch of dust and rocks. Please see the illustration below. The bright red shows the shape of the various rocks and the darker red shows slight variances in shape (grooves in the surface of rocks and terrain) and the edges along the horizon. The X-Wing hypothesis is clearly bogus as I have illustrated that the dark spots are not symmetrical--like one would expect from an aerodynamic space craft--but are rather just jagged rocks.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
But with the exception of the what I considered the nosecone area which has a slight dip the top and bottom are at right angles and the object is completly different in color from the background. Its also detached from the rock behind and to the front of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Honestly, my first thought, before knowing the origin, was a snapshot of one of the camo dudes' white SUVs, near Area 51, hehe.....

back to Mars though....

Given the perspective, geological formation seems the most logical conclusion....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join