It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincedences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I apologize, in advance, if this has already been thoroughly discussed...

But lately, I've been experiencing a LOT of coincidences. Every once in awhile, I'll be in mid-conversation and I'll say a phrase or a few words and right afterwards, someone on the television will say the same thing.

But what I've REALLY noticed as of lately is that at least every other day, I'll be on my laptop or desktop, typing or chatting with a friend...surfing the net, WHATEVER. But I'll be typing and as soon as I type out a random word... I'll hear that word coming off the television or off of the song I'm listening to etc. Incredible odds that this would happen and so frequently, in my opinion at least. I get the feeling that this is happening more and more often.

Can anyone relate and/or offer any suggestions for possible links for information?

Thanks

[edit on 2-4-2006 by firebat]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
HAHAHA!!!! I was JUST about to post about this!!

That is amazing. Yeah, I have the exact same problem you've got. When I'm either thinking a few words, reading them, or listening to them (usually reading), I will hear them said at the same time, or perhaps a fifth of a second later.

It happens far to much to be pure coincidence. All in all, as far as I can remember, (no, i don't count) it must have happened around 1, 500 - 2, 000 times within the last year or so. I mean, you can call this coincidence, but you'd be wrong.

Once again, I was just about to post on this. I never really considered the fact that this could be happening to someone else. I stop what I'm doing and think about it every time it happens.

I find it hard to express in words just how weird I find this phenomenon, but I am glad that I am not the only person that it his happening to.

edit: And it is usually either rarely used words, or words in a particular combination.

edit: I cant get over the fact that someone else has teh exact same problem, and posted at the exact same time I was trying to.

[edit on 2/4/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

[edit on 2/4/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I just started noticing more or what but it does seem like its more and more often that this occurs.

Following my original post, I decided I'm goint to try and keep a little list so that whenever this happens, I'll write down the word(s) and the even that it coincided with.

I've heard that some people consider these coincidences as life-signs and omens that tell you if you're sticking with your life-path or if you're straying. I really have no opinion on that, other than that at least 2 or 3 times in the past, I'd say week or two, ONE word comes up a little more often....as I said, in 2 or 3 specific instances, the word 'Education' comes up. I have no idea way. If I were to believe that it's a sign regarding me and my life-plan, I'd guess that it was a sign I need to stay in school... I'm currently in college and every day I'm in class is a day I wish I was doing something else. But I know it's too important to stop.

Also, a few times I'll be having an Instant-Message conversation with a buddy on AIM and randomly, we'll both produce the EXACT same thought/IM-message and we both say "woah" and then we move on.

Weird stuff.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
this happens to me all the time as well. not just words tho, sometimes i'll be singing a song and either walk into a place where a radio is on or turn mine on and that song will be playing.it's really freaky when i'm singing right in sync with the lyrics.i also get thoughts from other people, i'll know what theyre gonna say or do be4 they say or do anything. i personally don't view any of it as coincidence. and i will say these things happen so often its like second nature so i don't keep track.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I get this stuff a lot too. But with me, it's usually when I"m thinking about something and a friend will say the same exact thing. I think it's safe to say that it happens at least once (often more) a day. another thing that happens is when I'm thinking about someone I haven't talked to in a while and normally when I do that I end up hearing from them immediately, or within a few hours.

I certainly don't pawn off any of this stuff as "coincidence" and I believe that it has a lot to do with being truly "in tune" to you surroundings. I could probably elaborate more on this theory, but I think I'll just keep it simple. All we can really do is wonder and not disregard it as freak occurances.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
evil,
your post reminded me of another example. i too will recieve a phone call from friends or relatives while or shortly after thinking of them.particularly those who i can associate a deep emotional contact with.like my daughter's mother.we've been split up for over 2 years but we're really close.she's the one this happens with alot, nearly everyday. she says the same thing occurs with her, she all of a sudden gets the urge to call inexplicably, and does so. we both seem to agree its a deep emotional connection.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well There is much more going on in our minds than what we think we know, perhaps we are all evolving to perceive radio/television/and cell phone waves without consciously knowing.

Or the scarier thing, all of your experiences are a memory and we are living in replay of our lives.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That happens to me all of the time! I'll be thinking about a relative or someone that I haven't talked to in a long time, and then they will call me, etc.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It has been my experience that there really aren't any coincedences. There is reason, purpose, or value in all that occurs, if we but allow that experience to manifest and unfold.

If there is something happening repeatedly, such as the word/phrase occurances, then I'd suggest that you ask for further clarification from whomever you choose guidance from (God, Angel, Guide, whomever). And then pay close attention to the happenings around you, and note their occurance. Something is trying to get your attention, and give you information. Accept that information as a willing participant - i.e. asking for it - and let it guide you where it will.

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hey all,
I got that same problem, like everyone shown on this I have the same thing but all put together. I say stuff then hear the word on tv or the radio, I dream about someone and then i end up seeing them. Also, like the guy said above, I think about someone breifly and then with in a day or so I will see this person, maybe they are certain signs. Your life it already in stone, after all, you are the one leading it. I have alot of different things , idk if I call them abilities but when I was a child my parents were watching a movie, (I never seen this movie), and I told them some of the movie before it even happened. I dont know exactly what this is but I do believe in alot of stuff and I am all about the soul.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It just happened to me then, but not with words.

After I-don't-know-how-many-years of being intrested in military war craft - planes, anything - yesterday I discovered a new plane called a 'Sea Dart,' a jet fighter than can take off and land in water. I was amazed at my little discovery. I had never heard anything about it before in my life! Then, less than 2 minutes ago I was watching 'Mail Call,' and they had a little piece on it! I can tell you, I was surprised and disappointed. My little discovery was no longer my little discovery. What are the chances of me finding this plane, then less than a day later the damn things on TV!!

I hate it when stuff like this happens.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
**raises hand** ummm yeah...happens to me too.

everything. all of those things put together...thinking of a song-->hearing it aloud...watching tv/listening to a conversation--> think of the next line-->they say it. idk. maybe its paranormal. maybe we notice it becouse we recognize it? kinda creeps me out but at the same time makes me think.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The way I see it, there are two possibilities....

1)These are, in fact, incredible coincidences... and just coincidences.

2)SOMEHOW, there is a way that the human mind can tap in, or rather tap out of the normal time-continuem that we operate on. This could be connected with the whole deal with people time-travelling, mentally. I've never done it, at least not that I can remember. But there are people who can mentally transport themselves back and forward through time for brief periods... it's commonly known as Remote Viewing, which I'm sure many of you are familiar with. What if these "coincidences" are moments when we unintentionally process information gathered from further up this time-line?

What are some other possibilities?

top topics

join