It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS events & contest SIG TAGS are here! L@@K!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hello all Members & Moderators!
I am here to announce the ATS Council recieved & have now implimented a GREAT IDEA from our member DeusEx.
(way to go DE
)

He suggested a signature tag made to show participation in events and contests. So that people participating in a debate, or a game can show they are participating in the event by wearing it if they want to.....This sig tag also shows placement numbers for the top 3 winners! So its a winning prize as well!

Our Super Moderator JAK, has graciously gave of his time in designing these ATS sig tags for us! He has done a really good job capturing the nature of ATS within the tags.
Way to go JAK!

You can wear one if you are participating in an event if you want to! This is NOT REQUIRED, but it is available if you want one!

Please send a u2u to any ATS Councilor telling them your event and we will get the proper tag to you via u2u! We are hosting this artwork within the councils forum so a councilor needs to get the url for you, so if your needing one, just ask!

Please see the examples below of the new sig tags!

This announcement has been brought to you by the ATS Council

[edit on 2-4-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

[edit on 2/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
That is a pretty nifty idea.

I guess Deus is good for something after all.
(Kidding, maybe.)

JAK

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Applause to DE for a great idea and to theRiverGoddess for spending so much time trying to organise this.

Jak

[edit on 2/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Awwww thanks JAK, but the real 'kudoes' go to YOU and the DE.......really.
Im just doin my job

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
YEY I have been getting u2u's asking for TAGS! I have been quite busy sending tham out, and this makes me happy!
Obviously they are wanted!

u2u me, or any other councilor, if YOU want your sig tag and I will get it to you ASAP!

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
well im in debate so im gonna put the sig on

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
oohhhh damn it...lol how do i get the img to appear?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Put image tags around it.

[img][/img)

Put the link in where the acronym URL is in my example.

And change the ) in my example to ].

[edit on 4/2/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
ya its ok to copy the participants images...........then go to settings, and edit profile, and paste it in your signature!

Then you add on the front, then on the tail of it and WHA LAH!

Your wearing the new cool ATS sig tags!!

I am TRYING to show you the tag ends.....but they just are not goiong up right, because they are thinking I am trying to actually SHOW a pic.....

JAK

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
ConfederacyOfUnity,

For the debate image you need to enter the following code into your sig:

[img]http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/staff/jak/Debate_Sig_4P.gif[/img]
Jak

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is a wonderful idea that is long overdue. Bling-bling for our active members lets them stand out and rewards them for the effort they have put forth.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the props, y'all. It jsut seemed like a good idea. Props to Den Mommy and JAK for comign through and actually pushing this ahead.

DE

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well DE, I tried to give you an applause (twice) but for some reason it won't let me. I think the buttons are being cantankerous or something.

Anyway, good job my friend.

wupy

Edit to add: Third times a charm.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My bar, she is Cylon-eye red. Thanks, mrwupy. Now, shameless plug.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

DE

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
its all good DE...I am happy to present this now that it is all together

EXCELLANT idea!!!
people are liking this and asking for tags

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
DeusEx, great idea man...JAK, cool art work

It would be awesome to have the tags link whatever event they are for.

The Debate tags can link to the thread that the member is debating or maybe to the debate forum....pod tags to pod threads or forum...etc....

Later
Sporty

[edit on 2/4/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sporty that was the origonal idea....good one to.......we need to remeber though ALL THE CODING that would involve this....gads it would keep SO bust for a month.......so we nixed that plan.....and are going with the more simple sig tag as self promotion plan.....

MAYBE someday of SO has no life and nothing to do at all...MAYBE they might wind up clicky and conected, but do not hold your breath...alas for us the man HAS a life lol.........so the tags are just to look cool, and only the coolest people will have them, those who particiapte in ATS events!!! WHOOO HOOOOO!

(I figured I aught to explain so folks understand WHY the tags are not clicky and operable)

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It should be pretty easy to do, just have the member that wants the tags to do it themselves.

Here's one that links to the Today's Posts page.

Just insert the image tag with url into the "What name should be shown?" box of the hyperlink cheat button.

Hope that helps

Later
Sporty

[edit on 2/4/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What stipulates the artist. Several members of ATS are creating avatars on a regular basis for our board, is that what these are for?

I put an idea up a few months ago of having an Artist status for us who do create these. Does this have anything to do with that possibly?

Any information?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
at times...ATS has held banner contests...and avatar contests...there are art competitions on this board.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join