It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Jesus and did he really die for our sins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm gonna try this out its my 1st time post a new topic, so be nice lol. I see people bring up religion alot here but to me its just part of "THEIR" plan to seperate us. I mean you see all the different religions, we argue, fight and look a holy war, and as for the topic if Jesus really die for our sins why do we have to be baptize, cuz we are born sinners. Did'nt jesus die for that reason. As for me i do belive in God a higher power, but i really dont think any knows the truth, if we did we would'nt be on ats! If you do Know the truth you are not liveing or just not on earth no more. So i say religon has nada to do with the matrix. Why i write about this ? I was in a posted topic and they keep talking religion and the matrix. I just feel the religion is a part of "their" plan to also blind us from the truth. Now im not sayin im 100% right but these are in fact my views so i'm not right or wrong im just here to chat. So if you wanna fight with post do it by yourself

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Who is Jesus and did he really die for our sins

I think you mean "who was Jesus" either that or we would have some really old dude hanging about stealing Methusalah's thunder as being the oldest. There is a great possibility that the Jesus of the bible didn't exist and is either made up or based on another person.
Part 2 of your question - NO no-one died for anyone's sins, the process of sinning is man made.

G

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If you actually care, you can contact Brian Flemming and ask for a free DVD, "The God Who Wasn't There". www.thegodmovie.com...
email him, and he'll send you his documentary, in which he gives evidence that points to jesus never existing. tell him anii/andrea says hi, if you do.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
SkyNet,
Shihulud, said it correctly. For a bit more info, PBUH, the original name for most messias at the time in Mesopotamia, even that 700 years later of Mohadmad, was most likely the construct of Saul or, if you will Paul of the bible.
Saul was apparently desirous of re-inventing Judaism and began a new version which after being adopted by the Roman conquerers and adjusted by Roman pagan religion became christianity.
Every little collection of Semites wandering about Mesopotamia had a messianic expectation and the Jews had indulged in such a hope for cenyturies before the Roman conquest.
This dying for sin bull crap was the natural misguided result of a very flawed idea of a very sick puppy who greatly influenced the early church and is the ranting of as very disturbed person and is total bullchyt.
I could go on but finding out this basic stuff for yourself is not only fun, it might stay with you, should you have both the interest and inclination for learning.

sayswho (skep by any other name)

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Actually, if you take it from the Christan/Muslim viewpoint, "Who is Jesus" is technically correct, as he is not dead.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain"
John 12:24

God sent Jesus into this world in order to plant that one seed, His only Son, so that many more sons might be brought forth. This was Gods purpose.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Open the bible and begin reading His story. Jesus is the Word. IMO, you don't "need" religion to know Him. If that was the case, then all religion would preach the exact same doctrine about Him. For example; I adore the Jehovah Witnesses, however I disagree with some of their doctrine and I've almost considered going to a Seventh Day Adventists Church, but I disagree with some of their doctrine as well...I could go on and on..

But I believe that organised religion isn't necessarily the "only" way to know Him, that is why He left us His word

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Jesus died for our sins, and so man is now sin free in Gods view. Now get on with life. If you want to be a homosexual, OK. You might get AIDS and die, but thats your choice. If you want to go out and murder someone, well that's your choice too. Probably end up in prison, and affect alot of people in a negative way, but if that's the way you want to live. If you sleep with your neighbors wife, you'll probably wreck their home, and have your neighbor after you, well, that's your choice. The only sin, is to take your own life. That's not your choice. God reserves that right. Live well. Be happy. That's your choice. Amen

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i personally think it's so irresponsible for christians to use jesus as their way out. "so what if i stole? jesus died for my sins!" and that's how the majority of them are now. i've been to a catholic church for 10 years, alternating between a baptist church (3 years) and a pentecostal church (2 years) every sunday. all i see is this same theme. for catholics, it's confession, and i think that's the worst group.
take responsibility for your actions, and it won't matter if he died for your sins or not.

new topics

top topics

join