It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solve Illegal immigration by class action suit for cost of services rendered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The only way to solve the problem of illegal immigration into America is to have the American tax payers make a class action suit against the countries of origins for services rendered.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This won't prevent the individual immigrant. I think it would only serve to rob from the poor to give to the rich. Last night I heard on the radio how having an amnesty to allow all illegal immigrants to register with our country would be a good solution as it would increase net taxes, meaning more money for the country in question.

Link

People migrate for better standards of living, so rather than taking money from underdeveloped countries, we need to make them a more appealing place to live. The world grain production, which is just below 2 billion tons, could feed 10 billion Indian diets or 2.5 billion american diets. America's middle class would be an upper class in any other country. America has robbed the rest of the world to allow this, where are there compensation.

[Mod Edit: Link formatting - Jak]

[edit on 2/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Charging a country like for instance Mexico for the cost of social welfare for there millions here in America would be the best way that Mexico or any other country will begin to fix the problems that are causing it's population to move into the USA. Charge the country of origin of the illegals and the movement will stop.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I still don't get it. All this immigration hoohaa is going to end up getting us is a 3.00 head of lettuce, 2.00 per orange and pretty soon if things keep going the way they are in the ME, 10.00 a gallon of gas to go along with that. I don't get where these people are taking jobs away from Americans. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be out in fields picking oranges or lettuce for 2.00 an hour and if I did it sure wouldn't cover my bills. Wouldn't it make sense to take care of 1 problem first instead of handling 10 problems at the same time? I seriously think this is a huge conspiracy to plunder the people of the United states and bankrupt us all in one shot
Hows that for an ATS conspiracy theory!?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You shouldn't be worried about the cost of lettuce or oranges, you should be worried about the cost of medical care and taxes which are being driven up by the 12 million illegals that are turn the southwest back into Mexico.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
With 11-20 million mostly male illegals in the US ;if they are given any form of amnesty they will soon bring in 4 to 5 times that amount that will include their children and wives. That will bankrupt the entire American social service system and the taxes on the Americans citizens and their children will be huge.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Vincente Fox is a hairball. He would just pass the costs of such a lawsuit onto the people of Mexico. We'd just be screwing the little guys.

I think that would encourage even more people to cross the border.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's hard to say how amnesty will change the situation. They will bring in taxes, but most of them are just poor. How much will actually be brought in? Then, I would imagine they become eligable for other services, like welfare. How much of a drain back out is that? What about the prices of food and such without their services?

You shouldn't be calling for it one way or another until you can do the math here. It could cost more going either way.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Under what law would this be done???

Also, if the people of a nation can sue another government, can the mexican public sue the US government for War Reparations? Or for abuse of mexican immigrants in the US???

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
We as citizens can make a class action suit against Mexico and every other country of origin. Mexico has no claim against us nor can they. No war reparations and the government of the USA has not mistreated illegals in ant way.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliencowboy
We as citizens can make a class action suit against Mexico and every other country of origin.

In what court??Also, I suspect that such a claim woudl fall flat, because the US hasn't done anything to prevent illegals from coming into the country, and also doesn't have any residency requirements to receive the aid the cost of which you are suing for. YOu can't sue someone for taking your money if you invite them in and hand them the cash, so to speak.

No war reparations

They can against texas for succession and they can against the federal government for going to war and taking their land, like california

and the government of the USA has not mistreated illegals in ant way.

But anytime a mexican gets a beating in the US, then the mexican government could sue the US.

top topics

join