It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual Assault Awareness Month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I recieved e-mail at work about Sexual Assault Awareness Month, the powers that be were planning a two mile "Walk for Awareness", I didn't want to go, and didn't go, but I looked at what It was all about.

Look at the website, what do you think?
Sexual Assault Awareness Month

What I got was, the goal, focus and direction was about supporting victims of sexual abuse/violence. As I looked deeper, it really doesn't offer much else, almost kind of pointless. It left out two other aspects of sexual assault; The (Male) attackers and the act itself. It's almost as defunct as the DARE campaign.

- Leaving out the (male) attacker in this formula is a mistake. So, these women attack themselves? NO! it's a usually a guy!
They need to spend some time putting fear into the heart of men. (The jerks and idiots that commit acts of sexual agression)
I could imagine a poster that says "You violate her, He will surely violate you...in prison" with a picture of a scary ugly skinhead in a prison cell.
"15 years for 15 minutes? Think about it", with a picture of a guy looking very depressed in a prison cell.

- The Act itself. ERRR!!! They Plan a walk for awareness!?!?? it would have made more sense to find some self-defense experts, police officers or correction officers to teach a self-defense course, INSTEAD of a "Walk for Awareness", Self-Defense courses would have been more empowering.

Since this is going on at my work for a MONTH. I have already been thinking about starting a Martial Arts program, maybe incorporating a Self-Defense course into it? I am likely to use most of this post in my proposal.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
No you shouldn't put fear into men. Thats sexist.

Put Fear into the attackers minds!

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Or, instead of having a bunch of people get together and walk, they could all get together and spend the afternoon castrating sex offenders.
And performing penisorectomys, if they exist.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Or, instead of having a bunch of people get together and walk, they could all get together and spend the afternoon castrating sex offenders.
And performing penisorectomys, if they exist.

lol that would be a good idea!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Back in Norway a woman in the early 20s was recently convicted of rape of a 10 year older sleeping man. So right backatcha you sexists!
Norway owns

join