It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus versus Masons

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
My higher power is an infinite everything. It's too big to grasp. I just know that there is something beyond me and all mankind which I think is in touch with Everything. That's MY higher power. If you want to call yours Love.. you're entitled.

What have I decided? I have decided to put my faith and trust into the ritual and craft of Freemasonry. If you're asking me what book i kissed... I kissed the bible. I didn't have a problem with it. It isn't an issue for me. Althought I respect and revel the bible, and appreciate it in the teachings of Freemasonry, it was just like kissing Harry Potter. My promise was made in my heart. Kissing the bible was just part of the ritual.

What personal promise do I speak of? Promise to live up to the standards of being a Freemason and to be honest, just, and help others. As well as the other rules set forth in the obligation which I agreed to.

Just Being there at Lodge improves myself. The more exposure the better. Every time I go to lodge I get something different from it. No one preaches at me. It's usually the same every time. but every time I pick up something Different.

Athiests cannot be Freemasons. You must believe in a higher power of some kind. Satan doesnt count either. And can we please be Serious about this satanist crap. REALLY!?, How many people do You know or have you Ever run into that worship satan. Probably a big whopping 0. Come on, get real. Dont play those What Ifs. No, bigfoot is not a member.

How does Masonry make men better? By giving them guides, rules, and standards to live by. These lessons are taught in the ritual and in the work required. I'd love for some other Masons to chime in on how they think it makes men better.

I think men apply to become Masons because they feel a calling inside, they have family who are members, or are introduced to the craft by friends. This week I was on the investigating committee of a 72 year old man who wants to join. We asked why he just now got this interest and he said because he's at a point in his life where he wants to do good things, he knew the Masons do good things, and he could use the guidance.

Everyone applies for their own reason though. And everyone gets something different out of it.

I have not ever met an applicant who got into Masonry because he was depressed, lost, or looking for the meaning to life. They've all been level headed, intelligent people, with a lot of questions.

I personally got involved because I found out about a family member who was a Mason. He was a GREAT man and if he was a Mason I knew it was a good thing to be a part of. Finding this family members ragalia is what really set me off. It has worked out perfect for me. Masonry has definitely made me a happier person. I always knew inside that I was part of this fraternity.

Freemasonry was definitely necessary for me to get the answers to those burning questions. All the answers are contained within the lodge. Whether or not you can see and understand them is the lifelong challenge.

If you have that feeling inside... follow it. "Trust your gut"

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
is it true that masons always have the upperhand in court cases? is it also true that some have a ritual with has to do with letting fellow masons rape their own wives for initiation? serious answers please.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
is it true that masons always have the upperhand in court cases? is it also true that some have a ritual with has to do with letting fellow masons rape their own wives for initiation? serious answers please.

I will answer serious questions only. Sorry. This is just insulting.

Cug

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ARIST0CRAT
And can we please be Serious about this satanist crap. REALLY!?, How many people do You know or have you Ever run into that worship satan. Probably a big whopping 0.

I don't know... several dozen?

But I may be the exception to the rule

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
am i the only one that heard jesus was in fact a mason? and for the record what happens after 33o can a mason tell me that cuz i know

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkYNeTUSA
am i the only one that heard jesus was in fact a mason?

Some writers have made that claim....without any evidence, of course. In all probability, Jesus worked as a wood craftsman instead of in stonemasonry, before beginning his ministry.

It is possible that Jesus also worked in masonry at times, but modern Freemasonry is descended from the medieval Masonic guilds of England and Scotland. The fraternity did not exist in Judea in the time of Christ.

and for the record what happens after 33o can a mason tell me

You get to wear one of those cool 33° caps to meetings:

Illustrious Brother Arturo DeHoyos, 33°
Grand Archivist of the Supreme Council, 33°, S.J., USA
Wearing the Regalia of the Thirty-third Degree

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
What does that symbol mean? It looks a lot like the symbol in 'V for Vendetta'...

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
What does that symbol mean? It looks a lot like the symbol in 'V for Vendetta'...

It's the Patriarchal Cross of the Knights Templar. The Grand Commander of the Supreme Council has three bars instead of two, which is the Cross of Salem worn by the Grand Masters of the original Order of Knights Templar.

I can't comment on the film because I haven't seen it, nor do I know much about it.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb

I'm going to assume that you are just VERY misinformed but are sincere and did
not mean to be insulting. The answer is NO in to every part of your question.

In truth, it is quite the opposite. If a mason is suspected to have conducted himself
in an unethical or immoral fashion, he may be subject to masonic charges which
can lead to expulsion from the fraternity. Freemasonry stresses the importance of fidelity,
and imo adultry would most certainly be unmasonic conduct.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The symbol means 'jesus'. Its a cross. That type of cross is used in catholicsm and amoung the eastern orthodox too.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

The symbol means 'jesus'. Its a cross. That type of cross is used in catholicsm and amoung the eastern orthodox too.

Sorry Nygdan, but isn't it widely known that the double cross symbol (which you can plainly see) is by definition:

the term has come to mean a betrayal; to double cross someone means to suggest that you are an ally when you are not.

Double Cross (wiki)

Much like how the Exxon logo was designed:

It's quite obvious that the two Xs was intentionally put together to create the double cross.

Believe it or not, Exxon admits this. Call them up. They also will admit that the symbol is rooted from ancient secret societies and that is, to be exact, a Knight's Templar double cross.

I'm not making this up.

The question you should ask yourself is why?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
Believe it or not, Exxon admits this. Call them up. They also will admit that the symbol is rooted from ancient secret societies and that is, to be exact, a Knight's Templar double cross.

I've never heard this, is there someplace with more info?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

the term has come to mean a betrayal; to double cross someone means to suggest that you are an ally when you are not.

In english, the words double and cross mean that, sure. However, that symbol long predates the english language itself.

It's quite obvious that the two Xs was intentionally put together to create the double cross.

Definitly.

They also will admit that the symbol is rooted from ancient secret societies and that is, to be exact, a Knight's Templar double cross.

Really? thats pretty neat.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'd never really thought about it before. We know the superstition of Friday the 13th originated with the persecution of the Templars. Is it possible that the term "double cross" originated with the Church and French Crown betraying the Templars?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Never mind, no relation.

Illiteracy was common in the old days and so when a person was asked to sign his name to a document, he would put an "X" or a cross and it was perfectly legal. Now, many times this was done under pressure and the party making the "X" had no intention of observing the terms of the contract. Oral lore stated that if a cross was doubled = one was written over the other one, then the second one voided out the first. The contract was then null. So a double-cross was often referred to someone who promised in word or writing, but changed their minds, or never even intended to obey the rules they agreed to.

Link

MOD EDIT: Fixed tags

[edit on 5-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
I'd never really thought about it before. We know the superstition of Friday the 13th originated with the persecution of the Templars. Is it possible that the term "double cross" originated with the Church and French Crown betraying the Templars?

Would anyone, in england, recognize that symbol as an emblam of the templars? Also, its not really a double cross, its a crose with another bar in it.

If Double Cross was a phrase in french and/or italian, then perhaps, despite the other explanation, it might infact be true. Any francophones here?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Would anyone, in england, recognize that symbol as an emblam of the templars?

Technically, it's called the Cross of Lorraine; it was used by the Templars, but by several other Orders during the Crusades as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here's a link to an interesting article about the history of the Lorraine Cross. It details its use throughout Templary, as well as Hermeticism.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWitch

I've never heard this, is there someplace with more info?

I'm not surprised, most people haven't. You go to a gas station, you want gas, not a history lesson. But anyway, there's not a whole lot, this kind of information is kinda scattered around on the internet, small bits here and there and basically you have to piece all of them together to make some sense of it. Depends how you view all this, if you want to make the connection and say, "yes, something is very wrong here", or shake your head and say, "oh here we go again"...it depends. You want to believe there's a conspiracy? For me, I think there's enough evidence to say there's a bigger picture here we're not seeing yet, part of a "brotherhood" within our government that knows the history and significance/power of ancient knowledge, symbols, and possibly magic (for energy purposes) which could be used as a "mind" trigger, deceptive and manipulative advertising.

Even the American Lung Association uses the double-cross.

I'll probably be ridiculed for this, but oh well, I follow Jordan Maxwell very closely, and I admire his tremendous research into all this. So yeah, I mostly get it from him. But he's not the only one saying this. I mean even this blogger wrote something on it:

kentroversypapers.blogspot.com...

The double-cross symbols was originally used by the Knights Templar, originally called the Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon, was a military order that was organized in 1118, and they guarded the holiest of all relics held by the Church. The Knights Templar flew the double-cross on their flags and wore it on their uniforms.

Roman Catholic Freemasonry is the Double Cross. It may appear on the Pope's headdress or on the advertisement for the American Lung Association.

But here's an interview with Jordan Maxwell, he was asked about the Exxon logo.

Another blog:

References to oil companies and their logos are another pointer forward - Exxon sign = double cross. Shell logo = sunrising between 2 triangles (secret society symbol in Europe), Chevron = 2 squares, one above the other, chevron of freemasonry, military connotations.

more info:

But where does the power that the Freemason-Templar network displays so dramatically in the world today originate. The truth is that they were already a transnational empire as early as the 13th century. Distinguishing themselves during the Crusades, the Templars were rewarded with lands the size of some European counties. Luxembourg was in fact a one-time Templar landholding, which explains why Victor Hugo, an alleged Grand Master of the Priory of Sion, sought asylum there during his period of exile. The land referred to today as Luxembourg was owned by the Templar families Guise and Lorraine, who ran their own secret society affiliated with the Templars, Freemasons, and Rosicrucians known as the House of Guise and Lorraine. One can see the influence of the House of Guise and Lorraine today in the Exxon logo, where we see the double cross depicted in the interlinking Xs. The name Rosicruscian is derived from ‘rosy cross’. A red cross on a white background was worn by the Templars on the battlefield. It also has affiliations with the Knights Hospitaller (from which the word ‘hospital’ is derived) and with the International Red Cross, which appears to be a front organization for the secret brotherhood. Far from engaging in strictly humanitarian activities, the Red Cross has been caught supplying arms to the Tamil Rebels in Sri Lanka and the Zapatista rebels in Mexico.57 People should also consider the War of the Roses, a Templar conflict through and through. The color red featured in left-wing political parties is also significant, with the Labour Party in Britain recently adopting the red rose as its party symbol. Pierre Trudeau, former Prime Minister and leader of the Liberal Party in Canada, a known Jesuit, often wore a red rose in his lapel. The Jesuits are an elite organization within the Catholic Church with known affiliations to Freemasonry and the Rosicrucians. Their founder was the Spaniard, Ignatius Loyola, who formed a secret society within an Order masquerading as Catholic. The initiates of the Order within the Order were referred to as Alumbrados, the enlightened or illuminated. This explains where the Jesuit, Adam Weisaupt, got the name for the Order known as the Illuminati.

- Ibid, p.354

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Luxembourg was in fact a one-time Templar landholding, which explains why Victor Hugo, an alleged Grand Master of the Priory of Sion, sought asylum there during his period of exile.

The only problem with this is that the Priory of Sion is fictional.

The Jesuits are an elite organization within the Catholic Church with known affiliations to Freemasonry and the Rosicrucians.

What "known affiliations"? The last time I checked, the Jesuits were still strongly opposed to Freemasonry. As for the Rosicrucians, their Confessio, published in 1615, calls the pope the antichrist, and they only admitted Protestants into their fellowship.

This explains where the Jesuit, Adam Weisaupt, got the name for the Order known as the Illuminati.

Weishaupt had never been inducted into the Society of Jesus; before forming the Illuminati, he had left the Church and had become a Deist. As for the actual name "Illuminati", this was a very common term in use at the time to describe everyone who had adopted the ideas of the Enlightenment, regardless whether or not they belonged to any secret societies.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Masonic Light]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join