It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is tame this april fools'!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think there is no point in doing anything for April Fools anymore, because now everyone expects it. Maybe people should just start throwing pranks the week AFTER april fools when nobody expects it. hmmm.

Or like Christmas, people just don't seem to care like they used to.

Anyway for next year, I suggest a 'banner ad' type image on the side of every page that tracks and charges ATS points per page view, saying something about the server getting too overloaded and they need to start charging points to make sure people aren't loading pages that they don't have to

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yarcofin, i hope you are not too sad.

Well, there must have been a reason. Darn it, where has all the fun gone?

Where have all the flowers gone?

Nothing like drama.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm assuming it was the Serpo thing that got rid of our April Fool's Fun?

Since I've been here we've had a few fun pranks like the War of the Worlds one and last years ATS is getting taken over by the Feds.

To bad there wasn't one this year.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The joke is - there is no joke - and maybe there shouldn't be. The grim state of affairs leads many to a 'No-Foolin' stance. Perhaps there will be time for play later - when the killing and death and misinformation subsides... ah for simpler times.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
VKaminsky

Dont forget these words: " THESE ARE THE GOOD OLD DAYS"

Truer words have never been spoken .

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here's a thought. The grimmer the moment, the more need for humour and satire. It keeps us sane in a world going insane. Laughter has always been the best of medicines.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The real April fools joke is that theyre going to give me Supermod powers for the week, and just let me run wild.

Mass u2us, booting cpr12r out of chat when he's idol, giving out warnings to instead of applauses for good posts.

Oh yes, the Wolf menance shall make the ultimate april fools day prank!...or well, april fools week!

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
this "no joke" bit was funnier for the new mods....

I'll bet each one of 'em was wondering if they'd log on and find an "APRIL FOOLS!" U2U and no more mod powers, hehe...

Seriously though, I tried to lobby for a joke but this ain't no democracy!

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
April Fools Day is kind of a big day for me...

I was feeling kinda bum this past April first, so I was poking around ATS looking for the April Fool...

When I couldn't find one, I just assumed I was a dunderhead, and I was happy with that... I'm not that good with puzzles.

After reading this thread, I can't help but wonder if the bottom line reason for not having one this year has to do with Fear....

and that makes me sad. *sighs*

This guy would not have approved of that reason:

www.torbtown.com...

Fear is a mind killer.

twj

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Glad to know i didn't miss it...
When I checked it out this weekend, I was surprised to see an abscence of said april fools joke.

I thought maybe it was an end of the day thing, or maybe a very minor trick...

then i had a sneaking thought, that they might not even do one...
and immediatley quited my paranoid mind, and reassured myself that our devout and faithful ATS admin, and mods would never think of missing an april fools day...

lesson: never say never...

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Nope no backward letters, strange echelon keys and weird encryptions instead of our posts like 2 years ago .. i quoted a sample just before the site gets back to normal.. it was my first april fool's on ats , i tought it was a ritual from the board admins .. so really nothing particular this year, i couldnt log on.. or there's still some april fool's topics taken seriously going on

Originally posted by kalki

>-- gis_tsop_daerhtweiv :etalpmeT dnE --!< >vid/0=redrob "gpj.TERCESPOT/gis/moc.tfosanad.www//:ptth"=crs gmi< >/ rb< >b// rb< >/ rb< .rehtie taht tnaw t'nod eW .gnivael pu dne ll'yeht dna >i/i< gniyas gnisworb ylbaborp era sb00n emoS .stimil ruoy wonk attog uoy semitemos tub ,s100F lir-pA EVOL flesym I dna ,nuf doog ni lla s'ti wonk I >/ rb< >/ rb< >b/-- gis_tsop_daerhtweiv :etalpmeT dnE --!< >vid/0=redrob "gpj.TERCESPOT/gis/moc.tfosanad.www//:ptth"=crs gmi< >/ rb< >b// rb< >/ rb< .rehtie taht tnaw t'nod eW .gnivael pu dne ll'yeht dna >i/i< gniyas gnisworb ylbaborp era sb00n emoS .stimil ruoy wonk attog uoy semitemos tub ,s100F lir-pA EVOL flesym I dna ,nuf doog ni lla s'ti wonk I >/ rb< >/ rb< >b/

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join