It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long can you go without sleep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The longest I have gone without sleep would be 2 1/2 days. I always end up getting a spark of energy that keeps me going I don't know why. The only problem I have towards the end is that I tend to get a bit jumpy, so it's not a good idea to come up behind me or pop out of nowhere

-Dagger

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i can go only 1 day. any longer and i will absolutely go nuts.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
with nothing but video games ive stayed awake and conciouse for 40 hours. then i coundnt take it anymore and slept for 15!

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think you can actauly DIE without sleep. I'm not sure, I think I remember something about 11 days...

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The longest i stayed awake with no drugs was about 3 days but after that i went to sleep for about 18 hours,but when i was in college some friends and i went out and bought caffin tablets and stayed awake for about 5 days (stupid descion I dont recomend any one ever doing that) but after that we went to sleep for about 2 days only waking up for basics.

TRw

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I did about 6 days and some odd hrs. After about the 5 and a half mark I started seeing wierd things.... I ended up sleeping for about 3 days tho.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've stayed awake for 5 days - I felt drunk I was so tired.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
II stayed awake for 64 hours before when I was 23. I don't know why I just could not sleep after the second night I thought I would never sleep again. My doctor gave me a couple of sleep tablets and they did not work. The doctor had me watched by family just incase I started halucinating. I was walking exercising trying everything but could not sleep. Near the end I was talking to some troll in my closet ( I really saw him :how
And I am sure I could fly on my own almost tried it so I was told. I was really tired but still could not sleep. Then finally I passed out I slept for 18 hrs and then felt fine. Don't know why it happened but it has never happened again

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i can go 24 hours without sleep and only get 4 hours of sleep after that and feel fine

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I think the most I have been awake was maybe 42 hours or so. I was just darn tired but felt alert at the same time if that makes any sense.

I have heard of sleep deprivation studies and people going insane, but apparently this psychosis is not lasting after the subject gets some sleep. It is only temporary.

When sleep deprivation becomes great enough, the effects mimic those of psychosis. The failure of the scientific world to recognize this is due to some extent to the folklore that has grown up around the sleepless marathon of high school student Randy Gardner in 1964.

To gain an entry into the Guiness Book of World Records, he remained awake for 264 hours (11 days). Summaries of this case usually report that Gardner suffered no hallucinations, no paranoia or other negative mood changes, and that his mental, motor and sensory abilities were quite good throughout the entire episode. This conclusion is so widespread that it has now become a stock "fact" presented in virtually any psychology or psychiatry book that has a chapter on sleep.

This conclusion seems to be based on two items of information. The first was the observation that there were no obvious lasting physical or mental problems encountered by Gardner when he began to sleep again. The second was based upon observations of researcher William Dement (Dement, 1992), who interviewed Gardner on Day 10 of the experiment. He reported that he took Gardner to a restaurant and then played pinball with him, noting that Gardner played the game well and even won. Lt. Cmdr. John J. Ross of the U.S. Navy Medical Neuropsychiatric Research Unit in San Diego, who was called in by Gardner's worried parents to monitor his condition, tells a quite different story (Ross, 1965). Gardner's symptoms that Ross reported included:

See the link for the analysis of this guys day to day condition:

LINK

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I take ADHD medicine, so i have to have it at 630 every morning and i cant sleep until like 1 so i have about 5 hours sleep evernight, and i do feel like im going slightly more phycotic each day lol, no joke.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The most ive ever gone without sleep was 5 days. That was probably the hardest thing I've ever done. It was caused by playing goldeneye, perfect dark, and pokemon snap. I took no caffene, but I did eat a lot of bagels. But after about day four my ability to play video games was becoming heavily impaired because all of the colors started to meld together and I couldnt differentiate what buttons were where. After that I slept for a day and a half, without any side effects.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join