It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion: Extreme Theism, will it cause catastrophe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye William, you mentioned Jerry Falwell in your first post. How has he influenced our government. What has that bastard done know?
At the time of the post, it was widely publicised that he was Pres. Bush's personal spirtual consultant.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oldie? Goodie?

Loosen the comberbun and listen up, friend.

It is not "extreme" theism that thre is a Hell, and those not saved will inhabit it after death. That is simply as it is. Extreme theism would be to attempt to send you there prematurely if you do not convert to my belief, now that is extreme theism.

It is not an extreme theist that considers the thoughts and will of God when ponderingany topic, but a prudent servant of a most omnipotent Creator.

It is not an extreme theist that sees the end-times whenever a global event occurs, but a paranoid fellow that would be that way no matter his beliefs. However, your image of the theist waiting for the endtime no matter the suffering it causes others is a misinterpretation. People suffer regardless, and the longer this corrupt and dying world is allowed to devolve and become more vile and evil, the more people will be born into it and suffer. It is the selfish and demented one that wants it to go on forever as it is.

To answer your final and deluded question, and do it in one word, No! The thought that believers in God will bring about the End Time is to totally not understand the End Time, as you call it. We are not in control of what has been prophesied. The prophesy revealed to us in Revelation is merely the future occurance explained before it has happened. It is not those who love God with all their hearts and their neighbors as God directed, but those without God, those with hardened hearts, those, no matter what they think their intentions are but follow their corrupt human hearts and emotions that will allow the pathway for the anti-Christ to be cleared.

Do not attempt to lay the end of the world at my feet, William.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Religions are created by aliens, and will be used as a tool to cull numbers of humans.

Religions are like microsoft windows, a convenient program although there are others which work just as well or better.

Religious zealots are like faithful dogs who attack innocent travelers who pass by their master's gate.

Millions of young and old people dance and girate their hips to the slut maddonna on mtv, and possibly religions do offer something a little cleaner than an aids riddled carcass.

It would be good if the christian and muslim extremists destroyed each other and left us in peace, but then we'd have some other belief systems to deal with, and where does it all end.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You have your belief system, Aztec, the stupidest of all, the worship of your own weak, impotent selves. Its called humanism.

Christianity is not a destroyer. You can accept it of reject it. That is left up to the individual. We don't disembowel family members of men who reject Christianity. Don't even compare Christianity to Islam. As we speak, Christians are dying at the hands of Muslims around the world. The two beliefs are not the same.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If you want an answer on the extreme theists bringing about catastrophe, look no further than the middle east.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Extreme theism? No, I think we can call it something else - extreme hatred. Arab hatred of the Jews goes back a long time. They won't be happy until Israel no longer exists. Sure, it seems to surface through theology, but it is deeper than that.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It is nothing about faith...
It is all about Churches and those who use believers as a tool to fight, to dominate, to kill other faith believers.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You have your belief system, Aztec, the stupidest of all, the worship of your own weak, impotent selves. Its called humanism.

Christianity is not a destroyer. You can accept it of reject it. That is left up to the individual. We don't disembowel family members of men who reject Christianity. Don't even compare Christianity to Islam. As we speak, Christians are dying at the hands of Muslims around the world. The two beliefs are not the same.

Why do you insult other's beliefs? Remember the golden rule that I think Jesus even said, "Do unto others what you would like them to..... do.. unto you?" Is that the quote?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What would you like me to say? Unsmartest? Completely devoid of intelligence?
Why worship that which has proven through the centuries that it cannot save itself, much less be a Creator of anything? And that is what humanism amounts to.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
theism is a new word for me.unlike most or even all the people here i never read a bible in my life and only went to church when i was made too but couldnt really tell you much about it.i read a pamphlet once that came through the door about christianity and jesus but it seemed to me all he did was preach and eat poor peoples food.

when people bang on about gods will it makes me wonder if they know just what they are talking about because the world will have changed a billion different ways by the time youve read this post so trying to live by 2000 year old words is a bit silly in my book.

i do wonder,not often i admit if the pope or top religious teachers/figures in the world know god as well as a shoeless illiterate tribesman in the african jungle who is forced to live very much in the here and now who depends on his beliefs to survive.

im comfortable in what i believe in but when i see people quoting chapter and verse blah blah blah i just think they are looking for someone to verify what they are saying.i mentioned god because as someone pointed out you all know what im talking about even if you all have a different idea of what god is.

i think you only have to look at the world today to see the catastrophe is already happening,i mean look at the bali bomber.he couldnt wait to be executed because he has 50 virgins waiting for him when he dies.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
50 virgins!!! No wonder they are driven insane just thinking about it

Christians don't get any virgins, and no sexual relationships at all, and that would possibly be why they are often quite insane.

I'm not a humanist, I'm more of an alienist. I believe the aliens are the ones that created religions for us originally and we add bits to them and change them to suit the minds of our leaders.

There is a God force without doubt, but I don't think any religions have a true understanding of what it is.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well, what Aztec believes is what he Believes.
Who are we to say that its Stupid, just not the norm to our own personal doctrines.

I'll admit Half the time im not to sure what he talks about, Its an odd perspective, but for all we know he could be right, and we could have been wrong all these years.

The truth is TC, that Christians have over the years, killed many who did not believe in thier "truth", just as Islam has, and most other religions all over the world.

Gods/Religions, dont kill people, people kill people.
Man/Woman is a destroyer, its our own greed that makes us do what we do.

No, you canot compare the scriptures of your two religions, but Man.Woman from both sides are but the same.

Deep

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Theists, of almost any kind, promote anti-progressive thinking.

"Don't question what you've been taught!" is their moto.

This is a catastrophe in itself, IMO. The more non-thinking extremists we get, the more chaos and confusion makes perfect sense to them. It's a learned process that infects the generations to come, and teaches them not to question reality, or to use their curiosity to obtain knowledge of anything that's not previously accepted by the elders of their society. This process, in fact, stunts the natural development of humans, IMO. Mixed with a delusion that god is "working through them", and a need to feel divine, this can lead to all kinds of dangerous actions/reactions.

[Edited on 12-1-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
No, the idea of worshiping a creation is quite stupid, no matter how you slice it or dice it.
Aztec has since cleared up his belief, and it does not fall into the humanistic category. I do not subscribe to it, but it is not humanism.

Christians have killed who, what? No, friend, that to what you refer (I may be jumping to conclusions here, but I am conditioned by the usual responses I see here) was not Christianity at work, but what was known as The Church (before it was Catholicism) controlling the Word, not letting the people read the scriptures in their own language, controlling politics and creating a "Holy" war for their own gain. Christians in the middle east were slaughtered along with the other indigeneous groups.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join