It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow the Money - Funding of the Radical 'Hispanic' Lobby Group

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I forgot to include this snipet from a transcript of an interview with a certain Mr. Dan Stein, the executive director of the Federation for American Immigration reform (never heard of him) and Bill O'Reilly (poster boy for the neocons) where they discuss the funding of these groups:

02/18/2003
Fox News: The O'Reilly Factor

O'REILLY: I got the stats right here. I got all of the donations. Fifty-seven million dollars. So the Ford Foundation is funding the groups, La Rasa and other groups that I've never heard of.

Tell us about those groups. Who are they? What do they do?

STEIN: All right. The Ford Foundation funds these groups. These groups were effectively created by the Ford Foundation from about 1968 through the 1970s.

The main one is the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund. It is a group of grass tops -- lawyers -- radical activist lawyers, who work and litigate to try to intimidate the federal government and state governments using the courts from enforcing immigration laws in the United States. They are the primary litigation arm.
O'REILLY: What did they want? They want what?

STEIN: What they want is a complete absence of U.S. immigration controls, particularly the U.S./Mexico border. Their strategy has been to create a hollow core strategy where the Border Patrol just becomes this thin line around the U.S. perimeter. But, once people get inside the country, they get full access to public education, benefits, driver's licenses, various documents...

O'REILLY: And are doing this under the humanitarian banner because they feel it's humane to do this?

STEIN: Well, underneath the surface of all these groups is a radical political agenda led by a group called MECHA, which works to re-establish this mythical Chicano state called Aztlan. It -- it's based on the idea that the U.S. is stolen territory.

O'REILLY: But why would the Ford Foundation buy into that kind of radicalism?

STEIN: Ford's got a lot of money, Bill.

O'REILLY: Yes, I know they do, but I don't...

STEIN: There was...

O'REILLY: ... what -- what good does that do this country?

STEIN: It doesn't...

O'REILLY: It creates chaos and pandemonium.
O'REILLY: You know, I've got to -- I've got to stop you because we have to take a commercial. I want to bring you back next week.

STEIN: All right.

O'REILLY: We've got to find out why the Ford Foundation is doing this. We have to nail that down.

Mr. Stein, thanks very much. We'll see you next week.

STEIN: My pleasure, Bill. - full transcript

Needless to say, a shill like O'Reilly was surprised at the funding source.

I'm guessing they have never "nailed down" the reasons on his show.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Bloomberg says deportation will screw up his golf game?

Bloomberg: Illegal immigrants help golfers
NEW YORK, April 1 (UPI) -- New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says golf fairways would suffer if illegal immigrants were returned to their native country.

"You and I are beneficiaries of these jobs," Bloomberg told his WABC-AM radio co-host, John Gambling. "You and I both play golf; who takes care of the greens and the fairways in your golf course?"

The mayor also said 25 percent of undocumented immigrants are farm workers and many are home healthcare workers.

"Nobody wants to deport them, in the end, because people need them to take these jobs and do the things that nobody else is doing," Bloomberg said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Next big demonstration is said to be the National Day of Action on April 10th.

On April 10, 2006, immigrants and their allies are continuing historic mobilizations in Washington, DC and multiple cities to oppose the harsh and unworkable HR 4437 and demand real immigration reform that is comprehensive, respects civil rights, reunites families, protects workers, and offers a path to citizenship for the current undocumented and future immigrants to the US.

list of cities at the link:
www.cirnow.org...

Thsi site calls for a labor strike on May 1st and also has April 10th info:
May 1, 2006: Call to Action! Nationwide General Immigrant Strike!
"El Gran Paro Americano 2006" "The Great American Boycott 2006"

We live in interesting times indeed and they don't look good.
Rich want slaves, poor want more with the silent majority stuck in the middle and still nary a peep or a footstep on the Capital's lawn.

The economic bombing on the middle class and the small business zone has commenced.

Pink Floyd - Time

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

But who is lobbying for the millions of Americans that wants to reclaim the country back to the Americans?

There shouldn't have to be anyone lobbying for the American people. We pay their #ing salaries that they jack up every year or two. We pay their rediculous retirement packages with full benefits while the rest of us poor saps depend on that joke called Social Security. Does that makes sense to anyone? Does a few steak dinners and some extra padding for their wallets cause them to sell-out the American people?

Sorry, I just hate cowardly sell-outs. Great thread and great research.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It's "free trade" and the "market economy."

By these rules, people are consumers and little else.

The big boyz want unrestricted harmonized access to the North American market. They will do whatever they need to do to get it. Respecting the United States of America as an independent self-contained nation is not on the priority list.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
We pay their ridiculous retirement packages with full benefits while the rest of us poor saps depend on that joke called Social Security.

Exactly we pay for their salaries, retirement packages when many Americans has no a penny but a dying health care to rely on, and we Elected them

Yes is an irony and yes it doesn't make any sense but this the American of the 21 first century and is rule by private interest but not yours or mine.

Gools

If you think that the comment is outrageous listen to what one politician said here in the South in a farmers yearly convention.

He said that farmers rely on immigrants because the paper work to hire American citizens was to Troublesome.

Yes that is the truth as I listened to him in my local news.

But what he was trying to said is that Illegals do not required.

Paper work for social security, or for taxes, employment benefits and any other troublesome papers that a legal worker needs to protect their rights under employment rights

And I can not believe that these politicians still get elected every year by the same people that they are screwing up.

Hard to believe right.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Why interest groups wants to keep illegal immigration in the US? They are after all financing the many Hispanic groups that are the vocal and organizational base to all the movement going on and the protest all over.

The reason for them to keep immigrant workers coming to the country is to benefit them but we all know that.

Illegal workers have a cause and effect, they work occurs but also they cause wages to go down even under the minimum wage and also help lower the quality of working conditions we all know that illegal workers do not complain because they can not.

What it use to be the[b middle class America is been replaced by lower standard living and minimum wages that many illegal migrant workers are more than happy to fill.

Our working class of legal Americans have been destroyed or is in the right path to it.

When working conditions worsen Americans do not want to work in that kind of places, but illegal immigrants will.

The ford foundation has done nothing more than to contribute to the problem of immigration in, they are promoting and defending immigration any way the can.

They are help fund, promote and lobby any pro-immigration program that they can get enough money to pay for it.

Yes they have money and plenty of it, like any organization or corporation they have money to burn because their now record profits they have been getting and instead of putting that money into helping the consumer they rather use it to pay their way in Washington when it comes to laws that benefit them.

A shame.

What many have to be aware of is that many of the groups that the Ford foundation is promoting are nothing more than organizations within organization with hidden agendas to fill.

One of their groups the MALDEF or the Mexican-American Legal Defense and Education Fund has lobbied for are:

1-Higher quotas for legal immigration to the US
2- Non-prosecution or deportment of illegal aliens
3- Non-guarding of our border with Mexico
4- Amnesty for illegal aliens
5- The right of illegal aliens to welfare and other public services
6- Bilingual education
7- The right to vote in American elections
8- Hate crimes laws against free speech.

www.maldef.org...

Another group to watch out for is the American Civil Liberties Union the also have been lobbying for the immigration agenda.

They are targeting the work force to weaken more the laws protecting your rights as an employee to benefit migrant workers and illegal workers.

The organizations and individuals below have signed on to support the Immigrant Workers Freedom Ride.

It has a nice list of politicians.

iwfr.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow. Great Work Gools.

How much of this funding issue does anyone think has less to do with supporting the goals of la raza, aztlan, etc, and more to do with wanting to be associated with, as of the last census, the largest minority in the country?

Originally posted by Gools
To show that it seems to be part of the agenda of the NWO to whip up a nationalist fervor among hispanics leading to social confrontation. Then the mainstream media portrays them in a negative light whipping up nationalist fervor in the US population as a response.

But globalists would want to downplay the strife between thesegroups in order to have more open borders. Unless you are saying that the NWO isn't globalist, just trying to run things.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thanks Nygdan (and others) but all I really did was find the study and present it in the right way.

As for he NWO, my interpretation of it is that they are out for control and globalisation is a means to get there.

Their latest gambit is "disaster capitalism" and the money to be made from natural disasters and the aftermath of contrived wars. There was a book written about it a couple of years ago (by a French author IIRC) but I have not read it. This fermentation of social strife (possibly leading to a small civil war or domestic terrorism among groups in the US) would fit into that paradigm.

There's lots of articles about "Disaster Capitalism" on the net.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Dbates said he accidentally nuked my post in this thread,
so I have resposted what I remember of it.

Aztlán is the legendary ancestral home of the Aztec, also known as the "Mexica". It is represented as a volcano in a lake, located in what is now north of Mexico (including the territory from Texas to California annexed by the United States after the Mexican-American War), onto which the first Mexica emerged at the beginning of the fourth world. Wiki

This site list many articles in regards to promoting a sovereign nation of Aztlan in the Southwest US:

La Voz de Aztlan - The Voice of Aztlan

Here's an example of the articles they have:

Professor Predicts 'Hispanic Homeland' -AP

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A University of New Mexico Chicano Studies professor predicts a new, sovereign Hispanic nation within the century, taking in the Southwest and several northern states of Mexico.

Charles Truxillo suggests the “Republica del Norte,” the Republic of the North, is “an inevitability.”

He envisions it encompassing all of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and southern Colorado, plus the northern tier of Mexican states: Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well the Mexicans may claim the area to their own by their historical value, but the true of the matter is that they would love to reclaim the lands but still be under the US protection.

Perhaps it will be easier for the US to claim the entire Mexico nations as another state.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

There's lots of articles about "Disaster Capitalism" on the net.

Thanks Gools.

Haven't heard that term. It's a good one. Kinda like "It's not a conspiracy, just good business." But more to the point.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Their latest gambit is "disaster capitalism" and the money to be made from natural disasters and the aftermath of contrived wars.

And the counter force is "anarcho-capitalism".

Anarcho-capitalism is a philosophy based on the idea of individual sovereignty, and a prohibition against initiatory coercion and fraud. It sees the only just basis for law as arising from private property norms and an unlimited right of contract between sovereign individuals. From this basis, anarcho-capitalism rejects the state as an unjustified monopolist and systematic aggressor against sovereign individuals, and embraces anti-statist laissez-faire capitalism. Anarcho-capitalists would aim to protect individual liberty and property by replacing a government monopoly, which is involuntarily funded through taxation, with private, competing businesses that use physical force only in defense of liberty and property against aggressors. Hence, they believe that all goods and services, including law, order, and security, should be supplied through the mechanism of a free market. wiki

Anarcho-Capitalism: An Annotated Bibliography

Libetarian studies on immigration

"If our experience from the past 20 years teaches anything, it's that enforcement without reform is doomed to fail. Simply building walls to nowhere and turning construction workers and janitors into felons will not address the underlying needs of our economy or make us one bit more secure from terrorism. The next few days will determine whether the Senate will fix the problem of illegal immigration or simply waste billions more tax dollars redoubling the failed policies of the past."

"The Need for Comprehensive Immigration Reform: Serving Our National Economy,"
Daniel Griswold. Testimony before the Senate Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship. May 26, 2005.

"Legalization is the Way", by Daniel Griswold, Arizona Republic, October 24, 2004.

Out of the various ideas, I tend to side on the Libertarian solutions in regards to immigration, and I can see the hispanic lobbying groups using anarcho-capitalism to their advantage in breaking down the oppressive corporate monopolists and hardliners in congress.

Rounding up 10+ million illegal immigrants, flooding our prisons and using billions of tax dollars that we don't have to criminalize the poor is not a solution. There will be little desire for an Aztlan, if the elitists learn to make compromises and reduce the predatation practices on the poor and working class or they will continue to revolt and embrace more anarchistic principles.

We're all in this together and I will be rooting for ya!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

...all goods and services, including law, order, and security, should be supplied through the mechanism of a free market.

Regenmacher - philosophically, I agree with you - and anarcho-libertarianism.

My problem is with reality. The so-called free market is not free. At this point, nearly every single component of our lives is determined and controlled by international corporate powers. Under the circumstances, any attempt to re-establish the individual's power and control is doomed to failure. What hope does any individual have to stand against such economic power?

And how can we turn it around?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Regenmacher - philosophically, I agree with you - and anarcho-libertarianism.
My problem is with reality.

The wolves are loose in the henhouse.
I agree the markets are heavliy manipulated in favor of corporatism. These leading forces have done a great job at polarizing the nation and circumventing opposition, while they have increased their predatory behavior. I suspect the silent majority needs more time to stew and see the game for what it is, and then they will refuse to play "the game".

New Poll: Americans Favor a Guest Worker Plan
79% say illegal immigrants should have the chance to work here, but most want tougher enforcement too.

Meanwhile the battle continues in finding a solution:

McCain: Not Enough Guest-Worker Backing
Supporters of a guest worker program that would let illegal immigrants stay in the United States said Tuesday they don't have enough Senate votes to overcome objections from conservatives who oppose the measure on grounds it amounts to amnesty.

How about some new currency to go with the moment?

The words quigmire and incompetence seem to follow this administration around in anything it does.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
And how can we turn it around?

Right now nothing, this take over took over 20 years to achieve, our political system depend on it.

Politics is not cheap in this days and times.

For some reason I grew up with the notion that dictatorship and totalitarian governments were bad to their nations and their people because they took money away from their own interest.

Now is different now is all in the name of profits and gains, now is legal and now is protected by the law.

Is all in the name of free markets and manipulation.

People are expendable sofi we are all expendable and we can be replaced any time.

Sad.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
People are expendable sofi we are all expendable and we can be replaced any time.

Expendable if we remain divided, when we unite we become a non-expendable force.

Don't give up the fight for truth, the pendulum is swinging back!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Don't give up the fight for truth, the pendulum is swinging back!

Yes something is going on something is shaping our nation right now, many Americans are opening their eyes, but the question is. . . will they stay with their eyes open or will day once again fall for what their political faith take them because their faithful leaders knows best.

Yes I see something stirring in America right now, but I wonder if is not to late it seems that the power in charge of our destinies as a nation have something that many of us don't have, no only power but money plenty of money to buy anything and anything they want.

That power and money can lure and tempt any good politician because if you don't have the funds to finance your political career no matter how honest it is you will not get anywhere.

Sad but truth.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
And the counter force is "anarcho-capitalism".

Both anarcho-capitalism (learned something new
) and disaster capitalism would seem to benefit the same corporate interests. So can they really be said to be opposites?

Rounding up 10+ million illegal immigrants, flooding our prisons and using billions of tax dollars that we don't have to criminalize the poor is not a solution.

No but it will give the prison industrial complex who use inmate slave labour quite a boost! It's good for business!

There will be little desire for an Aztlan, if the elitists learn to make compromises and reduce the predatation practices on the poor and working class or they will continue to revolt and embrace more anarchistic principles.

Fat chance of the former hapenning... anachy here we come! Besides it's good for the military industrial complex. i.e. It's good for business!

See a pattern here?

edit:

Yes I see something stirring in America right now, ..

It's called hate and intolerence for "others".

I'm seeing it everywhere.

[edit on 4/5/2006 by Gools]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Yes I see something stirring in America right now, ..

It's called hate and intolerence for "others".

I'm seeing it everywhere.

Yes. Hate-mongering and war-mongering go hand in hand.

Sad.

And about those military-prison industrial complexes. Hate is good for business not just war, huh? And war is good for business too, so they're winning on every front. How nice for them.

PS. Forgot the fear-mongering. Fear, hate, war. It's a profitable package.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Both anarcho-capitalism (learned something new
) and disaster capitalism would seem to benefit the same corporate interests. So can they really be said to be opposites?

It's the polar opposite and Rothbard was an anarchist. I don't see how it would benefit corporate monopolists, since they won't even exist in that type of system.

An anarcho-capitalism rejects the state as an unjustified monopolist and systematic aggressor against sovereign individuals.

One social structure that is not permissible under anarcho-capitalism is one that attempts to claim greater sovereignty than the individuals that form it. The state is a prime example, but another is the modern corporation

Just say no to emperor Bush...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join