It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont Eat Raw Soya EVER !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Recently, I had the misfortune of trying out some "organic health bread" that was made from a mix of various flour of which Soy flour made up a major part.
This I compounded by having raw soy that I never touch generally. But this time I was forced into it by the "other" and there started this horrendous episode.

I dont know if it was just my reaction to Soy or a general condition as I have never had this problem before with other Soy based products that are cooked like Tofu. And I am pretty sure it is the raw soy that is the culprit.

Anyway after about 2-3 hours after I ate raw soy I had the worst bout of vomiting ever. It was pure nightmare !! You start throwing up and retching uncontrollably, it becomes so bad that after you have thrown up, emptying everything in you stomach you actually begin to throw up you bodily juices and when you are done with that your stomach burns due to the lack of anything else to throw up and your body secretes fresh gastric juices and bile to be thrown up. This session carries on for like 4 hours non-stop till you cant stand, can open you eyes and cant think. You dont even have time to drink water before you throw up again. You loose so much body fluid so fast that the level of Sodium, potassium and chlorine in your body drops rapidly and they say that prolonged deprivation of this could lead to fits and eventually death. Anyway as is obvious, I was administered proper medical care(at home on IV & injections as I would just throw up any thing fed to me !) in time and was able to recover but the ordeal has still left me all weak and sore, apart from scaring the hell out those around me.

I am certain for one thing that it was, in fact Soy flour and the Soy bean that caused this and this was confirmed by the doctor too . But from what they tell me it is very rare for someone to have such a violent reaction to raw Soy, especially when I have no problems with eating boiled or cooked soy. They say that is mostly babies and infants that react on eating raw soy!

I tried to Goggle it but all I get is the same baby dietary information and veterinary information
Apparently a horse will die if it is fed Soy Raw!

I did find this article for humans though;
Soy is BAD

edit: Just found this :

Soy: The Poison Seed.
What's bad about soy?:

Contains Isoflavones (Genistein and Daidzein). In soy the isoflavones are built in insecticides. If they kill bugs are they good for humans?

Isoflavones are estrogen like substances which have the same effect as the bodies estrogen. Cancer comes from having too much estrogen.

Kills testicular tissue. In men it permanently reduces testicular function and lowers Lutinizing Hormone production. LH is what signals your testicles to work. This increases the probability of estrogen dominance in men with its hair loss, swollen and cancerous prostates.

Male children fed soy formulas and soy products may not ever get to like girls. Dorris Rapp MD, the worlds leading pediatric allergist, asserts that environmental and food estrogens are responsible for the increase in male homosexuality and the worldwide reduction in male fertility.

Check out the whole article, not sure about this but it sounds shocking though. Anybody know if this is really true ?
I am going to call up my doc anyways.

[edit on 1-4-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I'll never get my husband into an Asian restaurant again.

:bash:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well I found this other contradicting article on the net about Soy, that says its okay to eat but they say that it should NEVER be eaten raw.

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A63967-2004May3¬Found=true,Eat Your Soy[/url]
While there have been worries that men who consume large quantities of low-carb soy bread, soy cereal or other soy-filled foods may get a little too in touch with their feminine sides, research findings have generally not borne out those fears.

Most concerns about soy have centered around the fact that it is a rich source of isoflavones, substances that mimic the effects of the female hormone estrogen. To determine what these plant-based chemicals might do, Steven Zeisel and his colleagues at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill fed megadoses of soy to men as part of a recent National Cancer Institute study.

Nipple discharge, breast enlargement and slight decreases in testosterone occurred with the megadoses. But "we still couldn't find anything that was serious, and we went up to doses that are probably 30 times what you could get from normal foods," Zeisel said. "I don't think that there are a lot of estrogenic worries. Your testicles will not shrink and you won't have massive breast enlargement" from eating soy.

Just resist any urge to eat raw soy. Uncooked soybeans contain a substance that inhibits trypsin, a key enzyme required for protein digestion......While raw soybeans may not be as deadly for humans as they are for horses, Zeisel said it's not worth the risk: "Don't ever eat soybeans raw."

[edit on 1-4-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have the exact same reaction to Mussels..

I wonder if there is a related compound in those.
I used to think it was just food poisoning. but I have eaten many many types of seafood over the last 17 years, since my last bout .
then, just about 3 weeks ago..I figured I'd try mussels one more time..you know, just to be sure. Then, just like clockwork, about 2 hours later...the barf-a-thon started..I felt fine, just before. There was no, "I think I'm gonna be sick"..
it was like someone pulled the trigger, and off I went..

interesting..

top topics

join