It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran unveils new aircraft - the 'Saeqeh'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by A_Widows_Son
I can't believe that they actually let a woman sit in the cockpit. Seriously.

Who or what is "they"?
You are aware that there are a number of world air forces that have women fighter pilots, the US included?

seekerof

Yes, yes, I am quite aware of that fact. Thank you for your concern. I was merely referring to the hard-line Islamic oppression of women.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by A_Widows_Son]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The Iranians have many capable pilots and many good planes. They might not be up to the level of the USAF, but that doesn't mean that just because we're the US, we'll go in and have a cakewalk IF we fight them. This might not be a great fighter, since it appears to be based on the F-5, but it also may surprise everyone and turn out to be better than we think. Just because it's Iranian built doesn't automatically mean that it's crap.

Sep

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Really??!! Are you sure?
Any sources to confirm that?

Just what I heard in other forums. Her name is Shafiqieh Bafarin.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Correct, been covered before, here:
Iranian fighter developments (with photos)

And here
Irans fighter: Saegeh-80.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   

"The Saeqeh will be displayed at the next Kish Air Show, and we expect the aircraft to take off for its maiden flight very soon," an IACI source said.

first of all, it is very unlikely that Saeghe is the plane that is supposed to make its maiden flight very soon. how do I know this? simple, the saeghe, you have a picture of, has already made its debut flight. As speculated, it could be the upgraded Azarakhsh (Az. 2), enlarged F-5 with new engines and twin v-shaped fins. Or as planeman pointed it out, it could very well be a technology demonstrator.

Much more ambitious and larger than the Shafaq, the Saeqeh light combat fighter hopes to address the domestic demand for next generation combat aircraft and advance training jets.

how could an enlarged F-5 with twin fins be more ambitious than Shafagh? And how could it address the domestic demand for Next Generation combat aircraft, bearing in the mind that Iran posesses mig-29, su-24, su-27?, mirage f-1, f-14, and f-4s.

the new aircraft could be very well the Iranian F/B 44 lion fighter we talked about a while ago.

I have a feeling, Saeghe-80 is going to make its maiden flight during the on-going war game in PG, as head of IRGC Air force, Salami, said that new sophisticated weapon systems will be tested in the coming days, during the game, after test of new Iranian radar-evading multi-warhead missile. very likely, that it will happen on Iranian Armed Forces Day, 18th April.

KEEP IT REAL

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Who or what is "they"?
You are aware that there are a number of world air forces that have women fighter pilots, the US included?

seekerof

Yes, yes, I am quite aware of that fact. Thank you for your concern. I was merely referring to the hard-line Islamic oppression of women.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by A_Widows_Son]

I think this is just one example that disproves many peoples false assumptions (described above by a_widows_son) that islamic countries are totally male orientated and the women stay at home all day (which could readily describe most western countries 40 years ago!).

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It is actaully a huge misconception - especially in america about other countries:

the woman sitting in the aircraft is the designer.

yes , SHE , designed it.

which is more than can be said for the USA , who do not let a `mear woman` design next generation aircraft.

In many respects Iran is more open than the USA.

[edit on 2/4/06 by Harlequin]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Yes, hence the burqua she must wear in public...much more open...

Is any mod going to deal with this? It is both an unprovoked personal attack and a one liner, and offers no information or perspective on the issue being discussed.

It was not a personal attack. The poster obviously insulted the plane, not an individual. By stating it as another smoking hole in the ground, one can infer the poster meant it simply would be destroyed on the tarmac. Given what happened in Iraq, it's a fair assumption. May not be in the best of taste, but not a violation of the TOS. I'm not usually going to ding someone with less than 1000 points on a one-liner, but only caution that posters please try and contribute to the discussion a little more.....

Note that the article stated "potential military applications". With that said, makes me wonder. as usually next gen fighters (even though it barely catches up with about two-gen old craft) are designed as clearly military applicable fighters.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Yes, hence the burqua she must wear in public...much more open...

so , the openess of a society is now defined by the dress code they have in public??

or is it that the peoples od the west with there sexist attitudes towards women cannot comprehend how a woman can be the head of a design team for a stealth aircraft - when in the west she would have to look through the glass ceiling at men who are above in the food chain - yet in iran she is atop that very same chain.

are these the same people who also say that other countries cannot possibly have stealth as its not `made in america`??

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yes Iran is under siege - nice plane - coffin-sized cockpit. I wouldn't worry about too much about Iran's airspace defense as it doesn't matter a lick when an earthquake hits. ELF/ULF "quake-jenny" toys may not be pie-in-the-sky. The recent 3 quakes in Iran have strangely round epicentre depth numbers, times, an atypical sequence of depths and roughly co-inside with the Pegasus launch of three mini-orbital devices to ostensibly test "new techologies". Things that make you go Hmmm...

[edit on 2-4-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yup go Iran. I fully support their development of their military and nuclear ambitions for whichever USE they may want it for. I would not underestimate my enemy so if the US decides to do any airstrikes I will expect to see casualties on both sides. Just because we have good planes does not make them invincible and missle proof.

Its like you believe they can fly through an onslaught of Anti-Air fire and avoid being attacked by a squadron of jets, while miraculously dropping off their payload and returning through the same thing they just went through.

Its good to see a woman desiging this stuff. I though most aviation projects were developed by a team of people and not a single individual.

And people please try hard to dispose of the propoganda that has been imposed into your brains. Iranian women have many freedoms and rights almost completely equal to the men of their nation.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Oh dear... gotta love conspiracy theory forums....

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Originally posted by Sep

Originally posted by kozmo
Will make for very nice target practice, but little else. Hey, what's with the nun in the cockpit? Is she a pilot?

She is the designer of the aircraft. I think it is fair to ask you not to make fun of the appearance of the individual.

Really??!! Are you sure?
Any sources to confirm that?

NR mentioned it when he posted pictures about the Seageh last year..

Btw, its normal for Muslim countries to have female pilots.. Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran etc

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What good does the circular inner wing section do? I got a feeling this wing design is going to make it harder to get out of a stall spin. Just speculating.

As for the female pilot, do Iranian female pilots still have to wear the jilbab (is that what it called?) while flying a mission?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
just picked this up on FOX...
www.foxnews.com...
this one's for shootin' subs and ships...
I smell an earthquake comin'

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Who or what is "they"?

seekerof

exactly whats wrong with that, im not sticking up for iran but you do have to give them credit for not stoning the women for not wearing burkas

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
just picked this up on FOX...
www.foxnews.com...
this one's for shootin' subs and ships...
I smell an earthquake comin'

That almost certainly relates to VA-111 Shkval which would most likely be used aboard iran's Russian supplied Kilo attack subs, where it does pose an extremely real threat to USN nuclear-attack subs and surface ships including the carriers. It is unlikely to be deployed from Aircraft and almost certainly not these 'latest' types - Su-24 Fencer is most likely candidate.

Here are some "rocket torpeados", possibly Shkval related, shown beside a Russian Su-32 Fullback:
external image

EDIT: This www.irandefence.net... thread on Iran Defence forum supports the comment that this is the Shkval and ship/sub launched. The good news is that Shkval is relatively short ranged. The bad news is that it is probably VERY effective.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by planeman]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
okay a plane , fast under water misseles , and multi target capable delivery system ( rocket with multiple warheads and when finished nuclear capable)
what is Iran planning to do??

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
okay a plane , fast under water misseles , and multi target capable delivery system ( rocket with multiple warheads and when finished nuclear capable)
what is Iran planning to do??

Making sure an attack on their nation will recieve an costly response

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
or is it that the peoples od the west with there sexist attitudes towards women cannot comprehend how a woman can be the head of a design team for a stealth aircraft - when in the west she would have to look through the glass ceiling at men who are above in the food chain - yet in iran she is atop that very same chain.

And because of that, Iran, in "some ways," is a more open society that the US?

Hardly.

When asked about women's rights by a caller from Iran in a recent two-hour interview on satellite TV, he said, "Women's rights are human rights ... Under the clerics, however, the Iranian women have suffered the most by having been subject to the most humiliating social restrictions and laws".

IRAN'S CITIZENS CHALLENGES INTENTIONS OF HARD-LINE CLERICS

In some ways, Iran is more open than the US?
Care to define "some ways"?
When you get an Iranian women to fly into space, let me know.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join