It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real History & Motives of Freemasonry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidasAs to the Latin quote...Hear, See, Be Silent would mean to Me...Listen, Watch...and Don't Tell

"Don't tell" or "be silent and still and learn"? You can't learn anything if you are a roil of thoughts or talking out loud.

But 'don't tell' or 'keep the secret' could be just as reasonable.
As far as it being evil, today, yeah, i can see that, but keep in mind that masonry dates from a time when peopel were killed for their religion or for opposition to the churches.

Yes...I do understand that the religious minds persecuted other religious minds...as they saw differing religions as Heresy. Yes...you can learn from talking about things. The exchanging of ideas is exactly what lead to the writing of our US Constitution.

I can tell you sort of agreed with Me...that's cool.

Be Silent...from My original post that I was commenting on someone else's quote...as I was explaining it, was meant to explain "Keep Our Secrets"..."Hide Our Lies"..."Keep Others Out".

Again...does this sound like a forthright organization.

Again...I think not.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

What year was this temple built in?

Quite a few before Al Gore invented the Internet, that's fer sure.

I wasn't meaning that literally, like they were referencing the Internet back then, and you Mason's who post here know it.

Don't try to twist My words to confuse the issue...you're just not that good.

Ensnaring the minds of the people is an old concept....nothing new about it.

Just another form of mind control, by the ignorant corrupt people who would show you one thing and do another.

Slight of hand for the way we think.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I’m not a mason SKL just a conspiracy theorists like you. (would a mason really be called ConspiracyNut23?)

I think that the freemason thing is much of a red herring, and many conspiracy theorists focus on them and insist that they are a front for the NWO. I don’t see how this could happen and why they would need freemasonry today to complete their plans. A globe with a net is not going to do it for me.(especially when there's a ready explaination for it, think Occam's razor)

If you go back a few hundred years, when Masonry was helping spread the British Empire, a lot more interesting stuff could be found then, but today?

Make the P2 lodge the official Grand Lodge of Europe, than I will believe something is up. Until then…..

BTW: I really liked your "Listen, Watch, Don't Tell", rings a lot better, and thanks for answering all my question so far ML and CUG and Eudomonia of course for bringing them up. (for the translation I did notice Audio & Video & tacit - etymology)

EDIT
someone added SSDD to the content tags for this thread, what does that mean?

[edit on 4/4/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Okay, sorry bout that Conspiracy Nut.

Glad you liked My thoughts on that motto.

SSDD...means Same S$%t Different Day.

If a Mod chooses to edit this...go ahead. I was only explaining what that meant as a thread tag, and not trying to be an idiot or be nasty.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Don't worry about censorship; just let the filters to their work. They actually do a very good of not changing meaning by simply changing it to or adding a #. For example I wrote the whole word (poo-poo) and it becomes: #

Speaking about filters, this is so funny. I was reading on a Masonic forum, and one of the mason was trying to use the word Tubal-Cain but he couldn’t because the forum’s censor would filter it out. And the guy couldn’t make his point without it, all kinds of accusations followed, it was hilarious.

I’m checking the video itself (I’m having problem streaming too) it is made by an Estonian journalist by the name of Jüri Lina.

Don’t know much about him, anyone?

EDIT: fixed link.

hmm, can't fix my link, it does work though, just looks weird (it looks fine in the post preview) MODS did my link use any illegal characters?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia

Am I correct to say that Freemasonry emphasizes on the significance of Death?

In Masonry, the First Degree is emblematic of youth, the Second Degree of manhood, and the Third Degree of old age and death (thus, the aprons in the French and Scottish Rites in the Third Degree depict emblems of mortality). Some writers have also claimed that, to complete the cycle, the Royal Arch Degree is emblematic of the world beyond death, although this perhaps is much more abstract.

You would be correct, IMO, to say the Third Degree emphasizes the significance of death, but I would not say that the entire system does. For example, most if not all of the higher degrees of the Scottish Rite, beginning with the 4°, elaborate on the Second Degree, in showing the proper way to live.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
You would be correct, IMO, to say the Third Degree emphasizes the significance of death, but I would not say that the entire system does. For example, most if not all of the higher degrees of the Scottish Rite, beginning with the 4°, elaborate on the Second Degree, in showing the proper way to live.

And what is the proper way to live?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

And what is the proper way to live?

It has always been the view of Freemasonry that the proper way to live has been given by philosophers, reformers, and religious teachers since the dawn of man, with the major problem being that not many have listened.

The degrees of Freemasonry are similar, if not identical, to theatrical plays or dramas which demonstrate all of this. For example, the 7° of the Scottish Rite is called "Provost and Judge". In the drama of this degree, a Brother playing the part of Jewish worker on the Temple comes before Adoniram, who is played by the Master. The Jewish worker complains on behalf of his comrades that they are forced to work side by side with Phoenician craftsmen, and asks Adoniram to use his position as a judge to eliminate the requirement that they work with uncircumcized Gentiles.

Adoniram responds, "As a Fellow of the Craft, I have called thee Brother; as a judge, I know thee not."

The obvious moral lessons here are that one should not use authority arbitrarily, but justice and equality under the law are paramount (even for uncircumcized Phoenicians). It also touches upon the issue of religious tolerance, as the Tyrian Phoenicians practiced a different religion than the Israelites.

This is just a brief summary of one degree. Other degrees go in depth into the history of moral thought and ethics, concerning the proper way to live. The trick here, of course, is not to only understand the meanings of the degrees as one receives them in the Lodge, but to put them into practice in the outside world. Masonry in and of itself is completely worthless if it is practiced only inside the Lodge; for it to mean anything, Masonic labor must be constantly applied in real life, outside of the Lodge.

The moral and ethical teachings of the degrees, as well as the more metaphysical and mystical symbolism, are far too intricate to explain in full here, and are probably outside the scope of a conspiracy forum anyway. Those interested in an in depth study of them are invited to peruse three books written for that very purpose: "A Bridge To Light" by Dr. Rex Hutchens, "Morals and Dogma" by Albert Pike, and "Commentaries On Morals and Dogma" by Henry Clausen.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Am I correct to say that Freemasonry emphasizes on the significance of Death?

In it's roots, the symbolism refers to the death of the ego.

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:56 pm

...About the Skull and Bones society, that has become almost a generic name of a degree of ancient freemasonry. Many offshoot sects have branded themselves with that cryptic name. Really, the skull and bones is the symbol of psychological death, that is all. The symbol and degree originated with the Knights Templar, who, in the beginning were Gnostic and totally positive, but like many other sects, ended up degenerating...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
About the Flaming or Blazing Star...

In most of us it is inverted.

What we need to do in the Great Work, is to Be Upright.

To allow the Monad to work through the personality, and in turn, for the Christ/Buddha to work through the Monad.

And Be what the Nation of Gods and Earths call The A.rm L.eg L.eg A.rm H.ead. Adam Kadmon.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The only thing that would have made that video any better would be some Butter lovers microwavable popcorn. I have watched it twice. I learned some interesting things I haven't heard elsewhere.

In 926 the first Lodge was built in Northern England based on the Roman Colegia? Fabrorum.

And apearently the Rothschilds were indeed Masons as Markus J said the other day.

Swedih Rite has 11 degrees and 2 secret degrees. I haven't heard that before.

Albert Pikes Illuminati name was Lumid Anholf, I wonder if it means something interesting.

I liked the Masonic recognition line--- What is the time?----There is no time any longer or I am very old.

And my what lovely lodges. Thanks for sharing that Eudaimonia.

I wonder if there are any videos of Albert Pike speaking anywhere??

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Albert Pike lived in the 19th century so, unfortunately, there wouldn't be...

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
And apearently the Rothschilds were indeed Masons as Markus J said the other day.

I heard this too. He mentions at least 3, I remember Nathan for sure. The third one he even gives a lodge #, so maybe that can be confirmed. It looks to be mostly in the Orient Lodges.

And he does show beautiful temples. I love that Egyptian room in Philadelphia. He goes through some very nice temple.

Unfortunately, looks like I don’t meet the Google video minimum requirements, (1G mhz, Pentium 3) So it looks terrible to me.

Oh ya and thanks for the video Eudomonia, I'm sure even the masons will like it if only for the the visuals.

lol, someone has added masonic propaganda to the content tags.
, I have to start looking at those more, there hilarious.

[edit on 5/4/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Don't worry about censorship; just let the filters to their work. They actually do a very good of not changing meaning by simply changing it to or adding a #.

Oh no, please don't use the words at all. I used to think that that was what the censors were for, but its really not. We don't want people cursing at all, the censors are just one of the ways to prevent it. There are lots of younger people on the forum, so we need to try to maintain some stanards of decency.

its annoying I know.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
In 926 the first Lodge was built in Northern England based on the Roman Colegia? Fabrorum.

Why do you beleive this? Why would dark age day labourers have any idea as to what the collegia fabrorum of ancient rome was doing???

And apearently the Rothschilds were indeed Masons as Markus J said the other day. [/quot]
Based upon what?

Albert Pikes Illuminati name was Lumid Anholf, I wonder if it means something interesting.

??? The illuminati were long gone before pike existed. Also, notice that the illuminati used classical references for their names, not that bizzare name.

I wonder if there are any videos of Albert Pike speaking anywhere??

Only on the chronovisor.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I heard this too. He mentions at least 3, I remember Nathan for sure. The third one he even gives a lodge #, so maybe that can be confirmed. It looks to be mostly in the Orient Lodges.

I've finally found a reliable source that confirms that Nathan Mayer Rothschild was a Mason, initiated Oct. 24, 1802, in Emulation Lodge No. 12 in London.

Source

I am unable to verify any Masonic affiliation for the other Rothschilds.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Nice Job! *applause* Bought time someone actually demonstrated it!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
About the Flaming or Blazing Star...

Okay. Question.

I noticed in the middle of that pentagram the same symbol used for the American Medical Association:

Coincidence? Or is there a reason for this? Is there any magical/witchcraft elements to this? And if so why is it being used with the AMA?

(I just clicked on your link and read about the The Caduceus of Mercury, very interesting...but why is used with medical associations around the world? )

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I thought it was connected with the bronze snake emblem that Moses erected to deliver the Israelites from their pestilential punishment in the desert.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

but why is used with medical associations around the world? )

Meaning why a symbol of mercury associated with medecine when mercury isn't the medical god? Good point.

I think that the staff has curative powers anyway, and that its used as such. Also, consider that medecine originally wouldn't been conceived as the transmittance of divine knowledge and powers to a person, so the staff being medecine, carried by mercury, the messenger of the gods, makes sense in that context.

Interstingly, there is a 'real world' parallel. In africa, there are these parasitic worms that infect people, the things live below the skin or something like that. In order to remove them, a traditional medecinist will take a special small stick with a hook at one end, and insert it into the person through an incision that they have made. They hook the 'worm', and strart twisting the stick, screwing the worm up it, and thus the worm is removed and the person is cured.

I thought it was connected with the bronze snake emblem that Moses erected to deliver the Israelites from their pestilential punishment in the desert.

The one that was later kept at the temple? That is the first that I have heard of it being connected to the cadeucus. Perahaps the similarity of snakes and curing is just something that stretches back further in time than either story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join