It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A stupid song and possibly album from the 80's that I am addicted to for some reason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Does anyone know where I can find Pump up the jam by Technotronics. I can't use iTunes or anything that needs a credit card. I will buy the whole album if necessary. I just need it.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Reddragon
Does anyone know where I can find Pump up the jam by Technotronics. I can't use iTunes or anything that needs a credit card. I will buy the whole album if necessary. I just need it.

Hmmmmm.....I don't know why but the first thing that I thought of when I read this was "why would anyone possibly want to listen to "Pump Up the Jam" by the Technotronics? And then I thought about J.D. Salinger's Catcher In The Rye. Wasn't their something about "programmed" assassins being compelled to have, much less read, this book?

Could we be witnessing the first new media "trigger" since Catcher In The Rye? Could Vicious Reddragon be compelled to listen to "Pump Up The Jam" due to some programming? Does Vicious Reddragon own a copy of Catcher In The Rye?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
No I don't have "Catcher in the Rye". Second of all, it is nothing big. The same thing happens with other songs. I hate the song, but, for some reason, I have to hear it.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Reddragon
I hate the song, but, for some reason, I have to hear it.

Well I don't need to say anything else. I think I've made my point. You are someone who has programmed to do something when you hear "Pump Up the Jam". The final confirmation of this theory is if you use three names, i.e. Lee Harvey Oswald.

I don't know what you can do about this.....I suppose we'll just have to wait to find out who or what your target is/was. Oh well, they have pcs in prison or in institutions so you will still probably be allowed to stay on ATS.....I guess you will tell us all about it after the fact. Good Luck.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
No dude. It is just dance songs. It goes the same way with "Barbie girl". If I hear that song, I have to hear it again. And I heard them in completly different ways. I think it was probably because I was introed to dance music at a young age.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Wow.....it would certainly seem that you have been programmed to respond in different ways to different songs. Perhaps "Barbie Girl" is your signal to DO something specific -- and then, promptly, forget. I just wonder how many other songs you have been programmed to "crave".

Of course denial is the big thing here. Your denial is sooooo intense. Just accept that you have been brainwashed. Acceptance is the first step.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Uuuugh! That song was freakin' horrible. Thanks for refreshing my memory BTW.

That and those Salt 'n' Pepa songs from the '80s make me want to take a belt sander to my genitals.

Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
btw.... another Technotronic song you should give a listen to is...

Move This... great tempo /beat

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The only real good thing that came out of the 80's was heavy metal, with such classics as 'Piledriver' -Metal Inquisition.

Heck even Motley Crue and Metallica were good in the 80's.

But Heck, There is still good metal now. If your brain ain't bein' pummeled with an 'Iron fist' (Motorhead) it ain't hard enough!

Pump up that jam!

Ever consider a P2P such as emule, or bearshare?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Stupid song but still funny

home.wanadoo.nl...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hey Vicious Reddragon, I'd stay away from all sporting events if I were you. You've clearly been brainwashed by MKULTRA and who knows what'll happen when you hear that song. I myself feeling like blowing up the world whenever that song comes on.

Toadmund,
There was a lot of good music coming out in the 80's. Im guessing you weren't into the pre-grunge scene but there were the pixies, nirvana (in embryo stage), soundgarden, mudhoney and sonic youth. Also the hair metal scene was at full bloom (if you like that stuff). I thought Appetite for destruction or Reign in Blood were the best metal album of the 80's, but then again, not a lot of people agree with me

-Kwyjibo

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is still Vicious, I just changed my name. Dude, P2P networks don't work on my computer. It keeps on complaining about firewalls. I tried, but it won't go away. I hate sports, so I don't have that to worry about. Also, I heard "Move this" and I like that song. And it began to make me like the Techontronics song, Pump up the jam. I think the reasoning behind it, is that it gets country out of my head, and I am surrounded by country.

new topics

top topics

join