It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton planning to have Bill as her running mate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I saw a show on TV recently on one of the news channels (sorry I forget which one)...but they said that Hillary was considering having her husband, former president Bill Clinton be her running mate. Figuring that with him at her side she would have an excellent chance of winning.

Where's the conspiracy here? Well....I did some thinking on the matter and wondered what would be Bill's motivation to do such a thing. Then it hit me. If they win, he could have Hillary assassinated and then become president again. Interesting conspiracy theory if you ask me!!

Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I dont think the Supreme Court would allow a two-term president to serve as vice president. The 12th Amendment says anyone "constitutionally ineligible" to be president can not be vice president.

The 22nd Amendment makes Bill ineligible to be president thus he couldn't be a VP.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
When I read the title of this post that's exactly what I thought. What if he has to step up to the office of President? I don't think the constitution covers for this...would it go de facto to the Speaker of the House (3rd in the line of succession) and Bill would remain VP? Or would a special session of congress vote on wether Bill could be President or not. I'm sure if this becomes offical there will be a lot of talk about this by major media outlets.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Im sure Bill on the ticket would carry so many votes for Hillary. Hes beloved compared to her, shes a very polarizing figure. So theres a real motive for her to try to do that.

Without Bill I wouldnt give her very good odds someone like Al Gore would do much better especially if he made the enviroment a major issue. He spent the last couple of years being a Global warming crusader as well.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Just wondering, any of them related the Skull and Bones society or anything?

What about other fraternal or otherwise secretive organizations?

I think Wesley Clark and Collin Powel would be good presidents, ofcourse Powel will not run...

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
have you checked out this site. there's some really cool videos.

Bill for first lady

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Just wondering, any of them related the Skull and Bones society or anything?

Bill Clinton might be in Skulls and Bones he did go to Yale I believe, Hillary couldnt have been even if she went to Yale though since S&B is male only.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Ok I do believe these people are evil psychopaths but......Bill wouldn't actually assasinate his wife to try and become president again would he?
Besides I don't think they'd let him anyway; term limits.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Even better...

What if Bill uses his wife as a figurehead, and he would actually run the country?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
No Bill was definitely not in the Skull and Bones. Don't forget he came from a poor family in a small town in Arkansas. Here's an URL on the white house website that tells about his education.

www.whitehouse.gov...
Clinton was graduated from Georgetown University and in 1968 won a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford University. He received a law degree from Yale University in 1973, and entered politics in Arkansas.
THe Amendment states that a president cannot serve more than 2 full terms, but it doesn't say anything about a partial term due to presidential assasination. Johnson was president after Kennedy, finishing Kennedy's term, ran for president and won and then eventually decided against running a second term. I would assume then that it's legal to serve 2 terms and a partial one.

-Forestlady

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

No Bill was definitely not in the Skull and Bones.

And Hillary went to Wellesley College for her Bachelor's and then went to Yale Law also (that's where she met Slick Willy). And it's true...it appears Bill was not a member of the Skull & Bones.......

some good Skull & Bones info here: www.rosslyntemplars.org.uk...

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

THe Amendment states that a president cannot serve more than 2 full terms, but it doesn't say anything about a partial term due to presidential assasination. Johnson was president after Kennedy, finishing Kennedy's term, ran for president and won and then eventually decided against running a second term. I would assume then that it's legal to serve 2 terms and a partial one.

-Forestlady

I understand that amendment 22 and if that was it he might be able to run for VP but. The last line of the 12th Amendment says "anyone constitutionally ineligible to be president can not be vice president."

Under the 12TH he is not eligible to be VP because under the 22 he is not eligible to be elected President anymore.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Then it hit me. If they win, he could have Hillary assassinated and then become president again.

He is not elligible for the office, regardless of whether or not he could be the vice (which apparently he can't anyway).
If you are not elligible for the office, you can't get it via succession, likeas Albright couldn't get it because she wasn't born in the US. Thus, even if clinton was speaker of the house, and the line of succession got to him, he can't take the office.

ground zero
What about other fraternal or otherwise secretive organizations

Bill Clinton is a Rhodes Scholar. Not secret, but the Rhodes connection is allways good material. And Clinton was in the DeMolay Youths, sort of the Masonic boyscouts.

I would assume then that it's legal to serve 2 terms and a partial one

So long as the partial was prior to the second full one.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I thought Slick Willie wanted to head up the UN or something...?

That's a pretty scary scenario--Bill as head of the UN and Hillary as President.

I don't know which is scarier though--that or Bush....

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
mainincloak:

i thinnk you have it drawkcab. when bill was in office, wasn't hillary runnning things? except for that BJ thing - it took a man to lie that poorly.
interesting thought, though.
the may just win it if they can get ol' bill areound that term limits thing.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I thought Slick Willie wanted to head up the UN or something...?

Yeah I remember alot of talk about that awhile back. Bill seemed to be liked pretty well by the international community he might have had a real chance there.

That would be scary though one in the White house and the other head of UN.

BTW if Hillary got in as president what would that make Bill "First Man" as her husband?

[edit on 3-4-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So, to be Vice President, one must be elligible to be President. That makes sense. Bill is no longer elligible, so this idea of Hillary's is moot.

She doesn't stand a chance anyway........If she becomes the Democratic nominee, I just might become a Republican....and what the hell, a Mason also!!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i dont personally think she would win...

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

top topics

join