It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental steroids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Are there such a thing as mental steroids. If so, what are they?

AF1

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Books are the perfect mental steroid.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Books aren't a mental steroid. Just something that makes things, "easier to learn"

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
A mental steroid? Where did you get that idea? I have no idea what it could be.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I think I know of one Mental steroid.
But it "smells fishy" at best..
It used to be referred to as BRAIN FOOD.

Then some say "Ginko Biloba" can be made into a smart pill..
Interestingly enough, Ginko trees smell bad too! (at least the fruit of the female tree does). Ginko supposedly works by increasing Blood circulation to the brain.

Now, we have "Cognitive Enhancers" Which a are Pharmecuticals, mostly used to prevent dementia. But who knows... taken early enough, you may NEVER EVER lose your carkeys...

[edit on 31-3-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I got this thought from the fact that someone I know knows practically everything. And last year, I had a strong feeling that he was borderline retarded.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You should check out this movie
CHARLY

It was based on a book called "Flowers for Algernon"

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I am not going to advocate the use of drugs. But the truth is.

For Deep philisophical thoughts, Shrooms.
For Mathmatical and Complex thoughts, Methanphetamine.

Yes they do work. Although for shrooms you must already have a deepthinking mental capacity. If you don't then you just trip out.

As for meth, it'll make you clear minded and perfect at any video game. Math BECOMES FUN, no matter what. Then again, you need to have a higher think9ing mind other wise the drug can't be used as a tool, just as an intoxicant which is pointless unless you wanna ruin your life.

The thing about drugs is that THEY WORK WELL. There is a reason they are illegal (besides weed). Seriosuly.

So I guess meth would be the more of a STEROID. It boost both physcial and MENTAL performance.

BTW drugs can be used as tool for higher thinking, but lose that ability with frequency of use.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think meditation can help or even hypnosis. I think intensely reading a good book even can have the same effect of honing your ability to concentrate. Stop all the noise.

top topics

join