It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Nuclear testing in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Is it possible that the number of powerful earthquakes in Iran recently is the result of underground nuclear testing? This could explain why the US has (fairly) recently re-evaluated their forecast of Iranian nuclear weapons programs. I'll search links, but I recall it being cut down by several years.

I understand that the area where the earthquakes have been happening are along a fault line however I would also like to point out that the tectonic activity makes for a good number of natural testing areas that wouldn't raise suspicion of digging in preparing a man made one.

It seems that most of the US testing was done in flatlands - Nevada and New Mexico and the results are fairly well documented, this site in particular has some interesting information on the effects of relatively flat areas.

You have the creation of the crater. What would happen in a remote mountainous area, however, is less known (to the best of my knowledge).

Anyway, at this point, it is just a theory, but one that I am actively investigating. I would love to get some feedback.

And as I stated before, I am WELL AWARE that these earthquakes have happened along a fault line. However, that fact does not totally discredit the possibility of underground nuclear testing - in fact, it creates a great cover story for the seismographic anomaly recorded by underground testing.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I suppose it could be possible, even though US underground Nuclear Testing didn't really start until the 50's (right?), which would mean that Iran would have had to have possession of Nukes a while back.

In which case, the only reason they would be putting off a stench about getting enriched uranium would be to either a) make more of these wonderful *cough* little weapons, or b) to actually make a civilian power program.

At least that's how I see things on this side of the fence...

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I follow the Quake Watch 2006 thread and every single time i notice an Iranian quake, it never fails to cross my mind that it could perhaps be some sort of underground testing. Then the following also crosses my mind, that perhaps, it's not missile testing but some sort of earthquake weapon, which could cause unstabilization somewhere else in the world, perhaps trigger a chain event series of disasterous events, but then I take off my foil cap and attribute it to regular tectonic plate movements, perhaps influenced or triggered by solar and geomagnetic activity.

[edit on 3-31-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yeah I follow all of the "watches" in the fragile earth forum (if you don't you should!) in my usual style of lurker. I am a skeptic by nature, but like most of us here, I have the feeling that something is going on beyond what we are being force fed by the propagandists on both sides.

I don't know why, for some reason these 'quakes really have me curious to learn more about underground testing.

Fortunately, I have a foil hat for all occasions ;-)

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I feel yeah, i get the quake report via email, an everytime iran comes up, i start to think if something fishy is going on, theres alot of activity, more so in the last 2 mths then the past year, mostly, its vanauatu, Fiji, Indoneisa, and Alaska, but iran has started to come up more so, its funny, its either Turkey, Iran or Pakistan.. relitively the same area, all could easily be blamed on Fault lines...

oh well the mystery goes on.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
earthquakes have a different signatures than explosions. even strip mining operations can be detected around the world.

here's some information on seismic signatures of explosions

Chapter 2: Developing a Monitoring Strategy

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This linked information may prove of importance to this discussion of Iranian underground nuclear testing and earthquakes:
Listening for Atom Blasts, but Hearing Earthquakes

The signature pattern for the detonation of a nuclear device, be it above or underground, is quite distinctive from that of an earthquake. As such, if Iran was doing underground nuclear detonations, be assured that it would be known already.

seekerof

[edit on 31-3-2006 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

join