It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the Truth got Out? On Everything?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
And more importantly... what if that truth was that really nothing was going on?

I pose this question because I see the ATS community, vast and intelligent though it may be, all too often fall for some person's groundless bablings that are based only on superstition and hearsay. Many times we here are looking for conspiracies, and sometimes flat out create our own in our effort to explain something simple in terms that make the least sense to us.

No better example is there than the time "11:11".

Many people would swear on the man walking over their graves that this mystical number means something. To many of those people, it is something sinister. I'm not intending to bash the people that believe in this phenomenon in particular, I'm just using it as an example.

In truth, the number 11:11 comes around once or twice per day, depending if you're using the american or europian (also known as military) time system. It's a number that's BOUND to come up. It HAS to come up. There's no way, with our current way that clocks work, that it CAN'T come up.

People then mysticize it because it has a special pattern - namely a bunch of 1's. Now, since most places don't use military time systems, and since the number "2" isn't so stoic and solitary, it's not really a wonder why the time "22:22" hasn't worked its way into a similar stance of bewilderment.

Why do people say they always see 11:11? Because they see it one day and their brain goes "oh, there's something you don't always see... and it looks cool". It then remembers that around a specific biological time, that number will come up again. In the end, once you start looking for it and thinking about it, chances are you will sub-consciously induce your body and your brain to percieve it and recognize it every time you look at it. You force your psyche to WANT to see it, and so you set your scheduel around seeing it.

This is all subconscious.

This is why it seems to come up so much.

But onto the real reason of this post, what if the TRUTH on EVERYTHING got out - and what if the truth was that there wasn't any aliens in control of the earth? No secret societies? No New World Order or Illuminati. No Indigo children, alien abductions, faked moon landings, government superweapons, or psychic escapees?

Often we ask if people would accept the truth that there WERE these things going on, but would we accept the truth that there WEREN'T these things going on?

How much of our perception is based on us trying to find order in a system that has none?

Another example would be telemarketers. When you get calls from them, you get them all the time, almost non-stop, from a bunch of different agencies and banks and whatnot. It almost seems organized. It seems like some unseen mega-corporation is working as diligently as possible to get you accept some kind - any kind - of credit card from any one or more banks.

The truth is, though, that your information was given/bought by the banks from the national credit agency at probably about the same time. So it all makes it through their systems about equally as fast, and they all send you their stuff at the same time.

The force at work here is the "invisible hand" of economics. It's that companies strive to make as much money as possible, and so when a bunch of them are competing against each other, things begin to happen that look like the market is moving under the force of an unseen operator. In truth, it's just the market naturally gravitating towards peak efficiency and profit.

So perhaps there are political, social, and psychological "invisible hands" that work in a similar fashion. Many people before have made the connection of how a culture can, in many ways, be represented by an economic model of a market. Perhaps we're looking for an unseen operator, when really none exists. We look for a New World Order, because we see certain events occur and we feel the need to put some kind of figurehead or organization that could orchestrate such a precise dance. In reality, it may just be that the governments in control have certain political and economic positions that guide them into a certain course of action that, due to geo-social, geo-political, economic, environmental, and other factors sets in place for them as beind "the best route to take".

So... before the bashing commences on how the New World Order "really is going to take over just next year and you'll be sorry you thought otherwise", or how "11:11 is in place to take over our minds", answer first to my question of would you accept the truth if it was all laid out in front of you, and there really wasn't anything? If you feel the need to, also say what you'd accept if it instead turned out that every conspiracy we have is correct.

Thanks for the future replies, applauses, boo-urns, hisses, scoffs, ridicule, and everything else that goes into making a great thread
I'll try to respond to things given I have time whilst I'm not working on this stupid rubix cube I got going...

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If the evidence showed that all conspiracies were nothing more than the ramblings of insane people and figments of overactive imaginations; I personally would breath a sigh of relief and go fishing. But the "evidence" shows otherwise for some conspiracies.

I subscribe to the old and cliched aphorism:

"Just because you're paranoid, doesnt mean they're not out to get you"

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I agree. Your 11:11 example for instance....I suppose this only became significant with the introduction of digital clock faces? If so, it somehow was not significant before? Like Dana Carvey's 'Church Lady' from SNL....how convenient.

I think Yarium would agree, much of the phenomena discussed here is the natural tendency of people to need an explanation for the world...especially events that seem scary or have no immediate causation. This has been true forever. An incorrect model of our solar system was the norm for centuries because that was the best explanation available. Imagine for a moment how our beliefs, norms, and values will be viewed 500 years from now. I picture a group of people discussing how woefully ignorant we were.

I'm not saying that 'weird stuff' doesn't occur. However, I think I can safely say that the illogical, emotional, or assumptive explanations for the 'weird stuff' is often, exactly that.

Question for you Yarium. Say the real truth does come out...there's nothing sneaky going on....no NWO....mason's are just a club... after reading the attitudes here; would a true 'conspiracist' be convinced? Or does the archetype thrive, and continue to develop theories and explanations?

NC

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If we found that there was absolutely nothing going on, I think a lot of people would find their lives a lot less entertaining. Conspiracies make for excitement and such, and was the basis of this very site. Without conspiracy, what else would the rest of us ATSers do with our lives? Many of us have never seen the light of day thanks to this site, not that I'm complaining

But if the truth got out that everything we've been babbling about was true, it would be the best day of my life, and the worst day for the majority of the world. I love the truth. I'd love to see these conspiracies come to life. But what it would do for the average joe would be hysteria. People constantly worrying about the next secret plot that they KNOW is going to happen, or wainting for the impending alien invasion. But personally, I think that hysteria would be more than worth it.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ok if the truth on EVERYTHING became known to all I think both those who do and don't believe in conspiracies would be shocked out of their minds
. Just really think about it..........

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
What if the truth got out? What if there is nothing going on? What do you think would happen if this was the case?.....What do you mean IF? This is the way people think. Outside in the world away from ATS the majority of people do think that nothing is going on don't they? So the answer to your question is everything would be just the way it is. The only thing that would change is that ATS would be redundant.

Good luck with the cube.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If there really was nothing going on, people would still always say that there was. Take for example... well... right now. The government and scientists have ALWAYS been saying these things don't exist.

There is no way to disprove that something like aliens, bigfoot, etc exists. Only to prove it.

People have always believed these things, and they always will. Jesus has been just a day away from coming back "at any time" for nearly 2000 years. Prophecies always speak of something happening in the near future. Aliens and bigfoot have been sighted since the beginning of mankind. Even if these things don't actually exist, there is something so deep in the human psyche that many people seem instinctively led to believe such things.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
11:11 in the sub

I don't know how obsessive compulsive order came about or when but this anxiety ritual which has had links of peopl fearing they had a diesese can be related to religon. People that don't know how to pray find other things
to deal with problems.

All in all with conspiracies its nothing more or nothing less than evolutions climb of babel.

If I have came up with my own proof with no scholarly knowledge I am sure anyone can if they just look or more so learn HOWTO look.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'll still bet, that if the whole truth got out about everthing;
the world would be on it's face, overwhelmed, by heart tearing repentance, at it arrogant foolishness.

The mighty would beg to serve the humble, meek and lowly.

Laws would stop being written that rob from the poor and powerless.

We would beg God's forgivness and thank Him for His Great Mercy.

But that's just some of what I, and countless, others think.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I think if "the whole truth about everything got out" we'd say a massive shift, socially, philosophically etc. We'd have a social and intellectual evolution, as it were. I don't completely believe in evolution as it's taught today... but I think if everything was know, society would immediately or eventually divide into two different groups of people. Those who are willing to accept new ideas...BIG ideas, and those that are so afraid that things are not as was told to them since birth that they would run through the streets screaming, mobilizing for war etc. I think THAT will be the ultimate armageddon, apocalypse. When everything is revealed/unveiled, that is when man, separated into two groups, will clash. I think I have a pretty good idea of which side will start the final war... the N.W.O or the Illumanit, whatever you want. The final battle of mankind will be between the force that is bent on supressing knowledge against those who wish to know and live the truth, free from illusion.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by firebat]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If the all truths got out, dimensional reality would collapse
and a booming voice would say, "Game over!"

Either that or we create are own truths by the act of observation,
so welcome to the holographic universe.

top topics

join