It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus-1!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I was very busy yesterday so was unable to post this story myself here on ATS.
The picture was e-mailed to me by a friend of mine, who works for airbus, we studied aeronautical engineering together.
An uncle of mine works for EADS and has also confimed this story to me, he's working on missile defense systems for these VIP aircraft. Airbus is currently also competing for the USAF tanker replacements.
This is deffinatly not an April fools article, why else would I have posted it yesterday, instead of today?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
yeah, its an April Fools joke...even if the author (zion) doesn't know it.

I think the Pres willl stick with the 747's probably for another 20 years. A couple years ago he got new (tank like) limos, and his new chopper (Marine One) is under construction, and will be delivered in 2008-9. And theres no need to replace the big birds. If anything, I would think they would keep them and (possibly) replace the wings & engines (the newer style of wings, and 787 engines). If you do that and remodel the inside to make it look newer & better & more efficient then the 747's will could at least be top notch till 2025.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Yeah ok, it was an April fools joke... it was planeman's idea though

We'll come up with something better next year.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Just think I should point out that my reply to the thread was also playing along with it.

In fact I was disappointed that only JimC and seekerof were pulled in, I thought I might have got a mass flaming for writing rubbish like that, maybe I went a bit too far and made it obvious?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Knew it was an april fool's joke.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Yeah ok, it was an April fools joke... it was planeman's idea though

We'll come up with something better next year.

Many might have bought it had you used the proper paint scheme that was your first mistake.

Note the Dark Blue runs over the complete cockpit then along the windows followed by a separation of gold then white followed by the lighter blue on the undercarriage, silver stripe and of course the Seal. Also the Dark blue is on the tail not light blue as used by you. (or who ever did the fake)

Those are the colors used on both the 707 and 747 aircraft unlike yours which only had one blue and missed the other items.

da joke is on you for making thos mistakes

[edit on 4/2/2006 by shots]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Shots, you have outsmarted us with your great knowledge of USAF colour schemes! A good job you spotted how the USAF VIP colour scheme varies from aircraft to aircraft and that the one we chose reflects more recent paint jobs...

Anyway, it was an appallingly bad "paintshop" (read MS Paint) job originally posted here www.abovetopsecret.com...
I'm surprised no one spotted the tarpaulin covering the rear of the aircraft, or the naff shadowing on the rear section. Anyway, it was fun to try. Maybe there is still some rope in this on other forums if we rewrite the air-attacks article to be slightly more vague and maybe say that Airbus is expected to win but it hasn’t been announced yet(?).

[edit on 2-4-2006 by planeman]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
Shots, you have outsmarted us with your great knowledge of USAF colour schemes! A good job you spotted how the USAF VIP colour scheme varies from aircraft to aircraft and that the one we chose reflects more recent paint jobs...

The two different paint schemes as I understand it were done on purpose that is too distinguish between VIP and Presidential aircraft.

Each color on Air Force One has a special significance as they relate to the actual office of the president. (I learned that while in Wichita, Kansas when they were painting the very first 707 at the Boeing Plant
)

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The reason I chose that particular colour scheme was because it was quicker to copy. But at any rate the president does fly on the "other" Air Force-One VIP transports as well as the famous 747s, which is widely known but just in case you doubted it, you can see for yourself here: www.freerepublic.com... note the photo of the 757. And again here:

www.usnews.com...

[edit on 2-4-2006 by planeman]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
The reason I chose that particular colour scheme was because it was quicker to copy. But at any rate the president does fly on the "other" Air Force-One VIP transports as well as the famous 747s, which is widely known but just in case you doubted it, you can see for yourself here: www.freerepublic.com... note the photo of the 757. And again here:

Of course he does use them, I never said he didn't. And why does he use them? Because even a 747 cannot land at all airports in the US which is why I pointed out that buying an Albatross like the Airbus 380 would be ridiculous because it could land at even fewer airports.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
In fact I was disappointed that only JimC and seekerof were pulled in, I thought I might have got a mass flaming for writing rubbish like that, maybe I went a bit too far and made it obvious?

I was pulled in how? I just got a good laugh about France being the so called birthplace of aviation.

I really wouldn't make jokes like this when you don't know who might be reading this thread. All it takes is some left wing political nut to get an idea and Airbus might be making the next Air Force One. Look at the remarks already made about open and closed markets in this thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I meant 'pulled in' in the sense of drawing as response jim, not that you believed me

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I meant 'pulled in' in the sense of drawing as response jim, not that you believed me

On this you got me.
This makes for a better zinger anyway.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well, you had me at first but i thought something looked fake about that flag....

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Haha, I just received an email from a visitor of my website:

You fooled me. I even e-mailed my Senator...
Thanks for a good laugh!
Aaron XXXXXX
XXXXXX, Arizona, USA

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join