It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Saudi secretly working with Pak experts'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

BERLIN, MARCH 29 : Saudi Arabia is working secretly on a nuclear programme, with help from Pakistani experts, the German magazine Cicero reports in its latest edition, citing western security sources

It says that during the Haj pilgrimages to Mecca in 2003 through 2005, Pakistani scientists posed as pilgrims to come to Saudi Arabia in aircraft laid on by the oil-rich kingdom.

www.expressindia.com...

Why would the saudis need to explore the use of nuclear weapons.And how come there isn't a huge outcry from the U.S. and the UN??? The Saudis only want a peaceful nuclear program, Right??? They want want the right to produce electricity when their oil runs out!!

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 2-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
My question...
this story was originally reported in a german paper...
the source was a german security expert, that supposidly knew that these Pak scientists went on Haj, and then secretly went to meet with the royals...

How did he know again?
Oh, because german security experts make a habit of trying to follow specific targets going to Haj...
If he knew, someone else told him... this is something that would have to come from inside...

As much as i would like to beleive this, IMO it serves a propaganda interest far more than information...

germany has been a critic of American relations in the region for some time...
they know we have mutual interests with SA, and probably want to see if they can embarrass america with hypocrisy...

IMO if SA is developing Nukes... then it is time to take over the gas station...
BTW, can oil be drilled thru radioactive glass?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This isnt the first time I've heard of this story.SA has been interested in nuclear technology for about acouple of years.I don't have any other articles to post to prove that though.................

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
During the 80's, there was a flap, that we might be helping them develop nukes...
God i hope not...

I do remember that there was some critism during that time, that israel had nukes, and the Sauds wanted them also...

Anyone else remember any of that? it was pre internet, so probably explains why i couldn't find the article...
time magazine, if i had to bet...

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Imo, the reality is that many of the Arab states in the Middle-East have on and off for decades had a henous agenda towards Israel that would make the Nazi's proud. I suspect some of Saudi Royals are sympathetic to Al Qaida and have provided very substantial funding over the years to that organisation. Saudi already posesses a not-so-sophisticated Chinese delivery system, now all it needs is a nuclear payload to arm it with. What better supplier of nuclear technology than Pakistan, the supplier of choice to the Muslim world for nuclear weapons technology? Pakistan and North Korea should sign a 'nuclear proliferation treaty' in which they agree to sell nuclear weapons technology to as many third rate countries as possible.

[edit on 31-3-2006 by JamesinOz]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
James...
look up wahhabi..
and then look at the only country that has it as the state required religion...

wahhabi is the extremist form of islam, that all the 9-11 terrorists shared...

the Saudis dont support terrorism... they literally require it...
I know that sounds severe... it floors me also...
but dont trust me, look it up yourself...

I could go on... but you get the picture...

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
James...
look up wahhabi..
and then look at the only country that has it as the state required religion...

wahhabi is the extremist form of islam, that all the 9-11 terrorists shared...

the Saudis dont support terrorism... they literally require it...
I know that sounds severe... it floors me also...
but dont trust me, look it up yourself...

I could go on... but you get the picture...

LazarusTheLong, I agree however unfortunately Western countries, particularly the United States and Britain, have propped up the Wahabbi extremist's in Saudi for well over half a century, and have supported the systematic destruction of progressive democratic elements in that country. Likewise, the US armed, funded and trained the Taliban in Afghanistan and Saddam in Iraq, until they all bit the hand that fed them.

America propped up the Shah of Iran for decades, who methodically wiped out most of the progressive elements in that country with full CIA support. As a result only the most extreme religious elements were left to oppose the Shah, and it was these elements who staged a revolution in 1979 resulting in the current disasterous government in that country. The same process is repeating itself in Saudi at the present time, imo. How long will it be before the Saudi royal family flees to the West in a fleet of luxury jetliners?

The West has fundamentally shaped the current situation in the Middle-East for it's own nefarious purpouses for many decades, and it has blown up in its face. Given half the chance Europe, China and Russia would have done the same thing, or worse, in the Middle-East. I also believe in Karma which doesn't bode well for my own country, Australia, and the US in the years ahead and may mean civil unrest, violence and catastrophe many times over that which these countries have dished out to others.

Obviously, the solution is to fund and support progressive moderate democratic elements throughout the world, encourage a more equitable distribution of wealth which then enables a prosperous middle class to develope. These booming economies would in turn provide massive export opportunities to the West for its goods and services and a much more stable global environment.

You reap what you sow.

[edit on 31-3-2006 by JamesinOz]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This tyhread has some relevance to this one.

Saudi Arabia's Al Sulayyil IRBM Missile Base

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
German intel is interesting. If you look at the full 9/11 Commission report, many many details are attributed to being cross verified by German intel, including practices along the Iranian-Afgahn border by Al Qaeda.

Germany considers Hamid Reza Zakeri to be very credible, and although he was discredited by lawyers during the Hamburg trial of Abdelghani Mzoudi (which btw happened before the release of the 9/11 Commission report), it is clear the 9/11 Commission thought he was credible since some of his testimony ended up as verified substance in the 9/11 commission.

When you compare German intel with US intel, and realize that Germany is one of Irans best trade partners (bet most people didn't know that), and German leadership is clearly worried about Iran's nuclear program, you have to believe they have not only an invested interest in the area, but likely pretty good sources throughout the region.

On the face of it, I'd dismiss it, but given German intel in that region has been pretty credible, it certainly is possible.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Is SA not part of the NPT?

If they want nuke tech, they only need to participate in the NPT and then it will be given to them.

top topics

join