It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bill, the homeless man, Gods messenger?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomind
Of course he's not. The things he said are contradictory and shows that he has no theological knowledge whatsoever.

If you're so curious about this, why not ask the Source instead of asking random people on the internet? Ask God. Read His Word.

It seems to me that you like to place your trust blindly in things. Arguing with your pastor who's job is to study questions such as these, but placing your trust in a random bum and then looking for support on the internet. Such irrational behavior!

How can you pass judgement on this man and assume that he does not ask God for answers.....or that what he is saying is contradictory. The Bible is left open for a million different interpretations and this is the problem with religion vs spirituality. Religion is all about following a specific set of rules and guidelins based on interpretation of the Bible. Spirituality is based on what is written in our hearts and an inner knowing. Who is anyone to say his pastor has all the answers and he should just listen and accept what is told to him. He is trusting what he feels from the inside....the holy spirit and there is nothing wrong with that. As far as I can see, he is not lliking for support on the internet but sharing his story with us as the spirit compels him to do so. I remain open minded about this story and about Bill even though my previous posts questions the true source of the information. I in no way have accused anyone of doing evil or being evil but to also be open minded and cautious as we humans can be easily mislead when we are soul searching.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The words of Jesus.
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you
Notwithstanding, in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
I thanks thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in they sight.
All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him. St. Luke 10:19-22

The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. St. Luke 11:34

Give praise to God on the Sabbath. Man is the lord of the sabbath, and God is the Lord of man. Put on the armor of God, and gather the army of angels. Carry the word of God as your sword. Wo unto the Pharisees! The truth is about to be revealed.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I've been thinking about what Bill said about Satan being forgiven. It's not true and beware of the other things he told you.

While he did seem humble, you will find that in Genesis the serpent tempted Eve through "reasonable words". It all made sense to her and therefore fell into temptation. Don't be fooled by what people may tell you. No matter how humble and reasonable it may sound, it may drag you down and bind you in Satans grasp.

Here's a link that you may find ineresting.False teachers quiz.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Let me ask this. Could the second coming of Christ talked about in Revelation have been the resurection of Jesus after the crucifixion? Nowhere in the bible does it say when Jesus leaves the earth after the resurection, so I'm thinking Jesus remained on earth, long after the resurection. My theory is that this was the second coming, hence Bills statement of Revelation being in the past.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan....." St. Mark 8:33

Does this passage mean that Peter was Satan. I don't think so. I think we need to rethink our concept of Satan. If Peter was Satan, then I would venture to say he was saved. Right? Who was Satan? The same as the Devil? Several passages refer to devils. Is there more than one, or is the devil simply an evil spirit? The church likes to us the devil as a way to get people into church. Satan was a fallen angel. Do you think God wouldn't forgive him? Maybe Satan had performed a job that God had for him, and was redeemed at the crucifixion. The last time the passage actually refers to the devil as being in the flesh is the temptation of Christ.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Okay, this is wierd.......I just went to get the Bible of of the dresser where I keep it open....It was open to Mark 8 already. Anyway, I read the verses before 8:33 and Peter took Jesus and rebuked him before Jesus turned around and rebuked Peter. The way I understood it was that he rebuked Satan from Peter.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
My point is, we can go crazy trying to interpret the Bible. Yet the teachings of the Bible boil down to two things. Worship God, and treat each other well, no matter who they are.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The other day when I saw Bill, I was on my way to an estimate. He said he'd been hanging out at the library, so I said I would meet him at the library Monday morning. I went over there this morning, and the library is closed for construction April 3-17th. Not a construction vehicle in sight. Nor did I see Bill. I drove around looking for him, but didn't see him. Anyway, I gave Bill my cell phone number when I saw him, so hopefully he'll get in touch.

Two days after Bill showed up, my daughter was in the bus at school waiting to come home, and a bald eagle landed on the hood! The whole school bus saw it, including the driver, confirming a bald eagle. Rare to see bald eagles, let alone one landing on the hood of a bus. The next day, I was on the way to a job, and a bald eagle lept up in front of the truck out of the middle of the road, causing me to take action to avoid him.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
Nowhere in the bible does it say when Jesus leaves the earth after the resurection,

I have to differ. Dozens of witnesses saw Jesus Christ ascend into Heaven.Ascension of Christ

Edit: Maybe I posted a wrong link. I'll get back to it tonight.

Got to go now.

[edit on 4/4/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In the spiritual world things can get a little strange. In all probability, however, what you have is a demon or at the minimum demonic influence. Though I must say your demon was taking a big risk in having you read the Bible. But perhaps he knew he could twist it to his own purposes.

Here is why I suspect what you are experiencing is demonic.

The first issue is that the cornerstone of every satanic attack against the faith and every false teaching is to deny the fundamental ministry of Jesus Christ. In particular that he died on the cross for the forgiveness of sins and then rose again. It is typical therefore to attack the idea that humans need forgiveness for their sins, and if that doesn't work to move on to denying the reality of some aspect of Jesus' ministry.

Here are some warnings from the Bible concerning this issue and the rise of false prophets in the last days:

1 John 4
1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

In Matthew 24 Jesus himself spoke these words concerning false prophets and false christs in the last days:

21For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. 22If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.

26"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28

Finally to think that any seer, medium or the consultation of a horoscope could be from God is to deny the very words of the Bible.

Deuteronomy 18
9 When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in [a] the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before the LORD your God.

There are many other scriptures that condemn witchcraft and divination and worship of th e 'starry host' etc. The horoscope and fortune telling, etc. arose out these ancient pagan and frankly demonic practices. Their power lies in the parlor tricks of fallen angels. Stay away from them.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So what your saying, if God says, pick that bum up, ignore him?
How did I know it was God telling me? How did Abraham know to take his son up to the alter to burn him as an offering to God? Faith my friends.
Unless you have blind faith, you won't know Him until he's gone.

And your telling God he can't talk through the horoscope, tarot cards, tv shows? Who do you think put them there in the first place? If you don't believe in your horoscope, probably won't mean much to you.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by stompk]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Intelearthling. Please point me to the passage that say that states even one witnessed the ascension. In fact, John 20:17 says "...touch me not: for I am not yet ascended to my Father..." Did he rise from the dead..Yes. How. According to Bill, he healed himself. After all, he brought Lazarus back from death after four days, so why would he be able to do it to himself?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
maybe he is, maybe he isnt...how should be know...ask GOD.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I did ask God, and he continues to support me.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
Hi Stompk,

Can you explain this to me?

Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the
fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and
over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26

I have several different versions of the Bible and in each one God refers to "US", "OUR" and "WE".

Can you explain this to me?

Picture God (one entity) and Earth and the animals that he has just previously created (a second entity(s)). The statement 'our image' means that man was created from the image of earth (the body) and the image of God (the soul). That is why man shows certain similarities to certain animals, we contain a piece of the same image.

If there is only God, Earth, and the animals in existence at the time of saying "let us make man in our image." Who else would he be referring to?

There is only one Jehovah and no other god (all of which are an alias of lucifer in an attempt to cover his tracks) can hold a candle to him.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
...For you have trusted in your wickedness... Therefore evil shall come upon you... trouble shall fall upon you... Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, And the monthly prognosticators stand up and save you from what shall come upon you. Behold, they shall be as stubble, The fire shall burn them; They shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame..."
-Isaiah 47:10-14a

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Here's my horoscope for today.

No matter what is happening in your social circle -- and at the moment, there could be a heck of a lot going on -- you are always ready to lend an ear. Is it because you're such a good friend? Or because you have such a good heart? Is it because you're tuned in to other people's emotional lives? Or because you're just exceptionally nice? Maybe it's some combination of all those things

Now, where is the evil in that?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i think its a reference to all forms of witchcraft, stargazing included being Satans gift to man. Personally i think its just loosley fitting, quite vague statements grouped together some of which 'come true'.

Have you seen Bill again?
If yes, how is he?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Elmo, I've been looking all over town. Haven't seen him, nor has he called. I promise, as soon as I see him, I will post everything, as I am just as curious as everybody else. I think the thing that most proved his credibility to me is his warning about our government corruption and oppression. Satan wouldn't say that, because anarchy and oppression is the face of evil.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
So what your saying, if God says, pick that bum up, ignore him?
How did I know it was God telling me? How did Abraham know to take his son up to the alter to burn him as an offering to God? Faith my friends.
Unless you have blind faith, you won't know Him until he's gone.

And your telling God he can't talk through the horoscope, tarot cards, tv shows? Who do you think put them there in the first place? If you don't believe in your horoscope, probably won't mean much to you.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by stompk]

Nope, God may well direct you to do things that are unusual by the standards of this world. Certainly helping the homeless would be consistent with God's character. However satan is able to masquerade as an angel of light. The Bible passages I quoted specifically warn us to test the spirits. If a spirit tells you that there is another Jesus, or that Jesus' sacrifice on the cross was unnecessary, or that you don't need to be saved etc. etc. you know it's a lie from the pits of hell. Anything that contradicts God's Holy scripture can not be from God since scripture can not be broken. Thus when I hear that you were told to consult horoscopes or that you don't need to be 'saved', the warning bells went off. Yet another demonic deception. You need to ask Jesus to come into your life and to protect you from these occult manifestations. By the way were you involved in the occult (e.g. horoscopes) prior to hearing the voice?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join