It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bill, the homeless man, Gods messenger?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
I am intrigued by this thread.. but unfortunately I am not a great believer in such things and am a natural sceptic i suppose, but due to this being an active forum I would like to ask afew questions regarding Bill.

One major 'hook' when attracting people to a religion is the promise of a heaven, somewhere after you die to live in pure happiness. Nobody would want to sacrifice an eternal happiness and thus many believe out of being scared. If a man claims to be a messenger of God or even Jesus himself surely he will get some believers as people will want to hold on to a good thing.. the promise of eternal life? The more you treat him the more he'd tell or possibly create to make his story believeable?

Didn't the original Jesus perform miracles.. spread the word as it where. Surely a new Jesus in this time of need (with such attrocities going on such as 9/11, London bombings, Madrid bombings, unsettled Middle East, resources running out etc.) would be able to help? I mean this man is supposidly a miracle worker and yet sitting on a park bench is all he's doing?

I also want to know the point surrounding unchristened people.. I mean I am a non-believer (ish), I have never been Christened.. does that mean God doesn't love me? Or that I will be going to hell because of it? That is if there is a hell with no Satan in it?? Im getting confused!!

I do not wish to discredit anything you have said and I hope and am glad you have settled at ATS and people have welcomed you with the respect that many have not.. I'm just curious about these points!

Maybe the more we believe, the more he becomes reality. He was waiting to be recognized. Remember, God has to obey his own rules. Maybe God has set a rule that we can't have Jesus or a messenger just come back and make everthing better. Remember, Jesus spoke in parables and metaphors for the most part. It was up to us to interpret them. And when Jesus was here 2000 years ago, there were still atrocities going on, including the crucifixion of Jesus himself.
God loves you. You are one of Gods children. Do good unto others, and He will come into your life whether you believe in Him or not. Besides, don't we all have some sort of belief in a higher power, whether we admit it or not.
I'm glad to be here. I feel sooo much better about the way this is going. We are all curious, aren't we. If I were some wack job trying to sell something, I could understand attacks. But I'm here telling ya'll this, because I don't believe it's information that's meant to be kept to myself.

[edit on 1-4-2006 by stompk]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yes, I believe most people.. deep down believe in some sort of God(s). People who may swear to not be religious will almost likely pray in their hour of need. I do not know why this is.. but it is all interesting all the same. I guess I would do exactly the same.

It's an interesting subject and something which will be interesting to see develop over your next meeting.. Keep posting and keep us all informed. I read with great interest.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
But the voice that told him to pick up Bill was also the same one that made him decide to read the Bible.

Bill was/is a test. Jesus was also led by the Spirit to be tempted by the devil.

Mathew 4:1 NIV
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil.

He has already proven by his "satan is forgiven" statement that he is not sent by Jesus Christ. To test him further, ask him what does one have to do to achieve eternal life or enter into God(Jehovah)'s kingdom. Please also note that his statement "satan is with god" could also mean that he is refering to satan as god. There are many things refered to as 'god' you know.

[edit on 1-4-2006 by WiseSheep]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

He has already proven by his "satan is forgiven" statement that he is not sent by Jesus Christ. To test him further, ask him what does one have to do to achieve eternal life or enter into God(Jehovah)'s kingdom. Please also note that his statement "satan is with god" could also mean that he is refering to satan as god. There are many things refered to as 'god' you know.

[edit on 1-4-2006 by WiseSheep]

I agree with you. These statements alone concern me and send up red flags. Other than that, the messages from Bill seem to be Godly or sent from Jesus however this is the way evil presents itself to us. If the true intentions of evil are known from the beginning we would be running so the spirit would have to pretend to be what we accept while all the while deceiving us. If it were not for the reference to Satan being with God then I would believe Bill is a prophet. Some of what he is teaching are things I have always believed. The Bible also says there will be many false prophets near the end times. I would be interested to see how Bill answers your question WiseSheep.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wisesheep. What do you think about the other things that Bill said. You seemed to have focused on one thing, a forming an opinion on it. Does any of the other stuff make any sense?

Bill showed me a thing to do if I was having trouble with an issue. Take the bible, close your eyes, open it, put your finger on the page, open your eyes and read the passage. I'm amazed at how often it pertain to what I'm thinking about. He said not to do it too often though, just when something is really on my mind. Lets see, I'll try it right now. My question. Is our government oppressing us.......
1. Chronicles 21:13 "And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the Lord; for very great are His mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man" Wow, that was pretty good.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I do the same thing......open the Bible when I am troubled with something or even when I am feeling very thankful and blessed. There always seems to be the perfect answer within. I have done this since I was a kid

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
We seem to believe that evil is all Satans fault, and if we do something evil, it was because Satan made us do it. If I found some money in a bank bag, and opened the bag and found a bunch of cash in it, along with some checks that showed who the money belonged to (this happened to me by the way) I have a choice. Keep it, and spend it, saying the devil made me do it, or take it back......What would you do? Listen to your conscience, or let greed take over and keep it?
I took it back by the way, and the owner of that restaurant treats me like a king everytime I go in there, still to this day, 15 yrs later. I also saved the managers (the one who lost it on the way to the bank) job.
If you lived in the nicest house on the street, would you sit in your nice house thinking about how much better you are than your neighbor, because they only have a two car garage and drive an old Chevy, and you have the three car garage and drive a Lexus? Not only does this alienate your neighbor by turning your nose up at them everytime you drive by, but it effects you because it makes your neighbors dislike you. I say, take over the nicest gift you can think of, and make your neighborhood a nicer place. Amen?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
yarcofin, im unaware as how to quote and dont have the 30 seconds to figure it out at this time seeing as how im in a differant country using an internet cafe, but i would like to point out that the seeds of apples contain strictnine (spelling is probably incorrect)
so unless whoever happens to be throwing these away happen to be able to extract them it wont be doing them much good.
i begin to wonder of the relevance of posting this at this point.. but why not

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Call me crazy, but I eat the whole apple, core and all

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
Wisesheep. What do you think about the other things that Bill said. You seemed to have focused on one thing, a forming an opinion on it. Does any of the other stuff make any sense?

I think alot of what he says is dead on, minus the horoscopes which are a key to unlock your soul to demonic influence. Minus his garbage about how Jesus came about. Just becareful dealing and taking to heart what this guy says. Every word he speaks find a second, third, fourth and as many opinions on it as you can, then find solid evidence to back it, and if none is found pay no attention.

Understand that lucifer and his little helpers know the Bible to the letter, forward and reverse. They know how to manipulate it to suit their agenda.

The reason I focused on the one thing is because that is the clear evidence that he is a soul trap and drawing you closer and closer to the door. What your girl friend saw in the dream was the door about to close.

If you lived in the nicest house on the street, would you sit in your nice house thinking about how much better you are than your neighbor, because they only have a two car garage and drive an old Chevy, and you have the three car garage and drive a Lexus? Not only does this alienate your neighbor by turning your nose up at them everytime you drive by, but it effects you because it makes your neighbors dislike you. I say, take over the nicest gift you can think of, and make your neighborhood a nicer place. Amen?

Understand that the man in this world that has less, has more, and the one with more has less.

Example: If you own land, quit paying the property tax (land rent) on it and see just how 'yours' it is.

Everything here is temporary and should be treated as such. Have just as much as truly needed.

Maybe the neighbor with the old truck is wise enough to see that the one owning the fancy house and the shiney car is a slave to 'payments' and has no time to enjoy life.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Of course he's not. The things he said are contradictory and shows that he has no theological knowledge whatsoever.

If you're so curious about this, why not ask the Source instead of asking random people on the internet? Ask God. Read His Word.

It seems to me that you like to place your trust blindly in things. Arguing with your pastor who's job is to study questions such as these, but placing your trust in a random bum and then looking for support on the internet. Such irrational behavior!

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
forget the negative posts they dont matter, all that matters is you shareing these stories with us.

i just had a brain wave...

When you meet with bill on monday, take him to an internet cafe and ask him to post a messege to us.
that would be amazing!

maybe jesus has forgiven satan for tempting him and us, he seems like a kind, forgiving man from what i've read.

how do you know that satan hasnt been forgiven? have you spoken to God or Jesus lately to ask them?

[edit on 1-4-2006 by ELMO777]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have to agree with wise sheep. I read most of what Bill told you, and most of it does not line up with what the Bible actually says. He actually twists what the Bible says to suit his own theories. He must have been a very goo manupliator. If he did have the "supernatural powers", well then it very well could be that he was a demon in disguise.

Many will come and say Jeusu is ove there or over here, but don't believe them. There will be many false Christs deceving many before the end comes.

Go back and read your Bible more throughly, and really compair it to what Bill said. Also do some research on prophecy and the Bible. True prophets were always 100% correct. This was taken so seriously that in the Old Testament if a prophet was found to be fasle, they were stoned to death.

There has not been a prophecy that God has given that has not come to pass. I believe that Revelation is a prophecy from God. Even Bill admited that, but made you think it can change when it can't. Right there Bill just twisted the truth a little bit. Not much, but enough to place doubt in you of what the Bible says and really means.

That is how Satan works. He knows the Bible better than anyone here on Earth does or thinks they do. He knows how use 99.9% with 0.01% twist to decieve people.

Be wary of what Bill said. We know the Bible is the word of God and has survived countless times over the years of those who have tried to destroy it completely. The enemy found that it couldn't be destroyed, so he is embraced it and is using it to corrupt its true meaning. This is even more destructive, because it leads many away from the true Christ.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I will believe in Bill, and the Bible. Bill twisted nothing.
When I was going to the church, they had a food bank. I took Bill over there to get some food. They let him into a room, that had the junky stuff. But there was another room with the good stuff reserved for church members. This is the church. I know the truth, do you. It's OK to trust people, even a homeless man. If they steal from you, let em. I have less trust of someone whos been studying the bible for 20 years, and starts out his service with, I hate the snow. God is with me on this, I can feel him. Only those who believe will see. It is time to change the world. It can be done, if we believe. Bill has performed a miracle in my book. He's survived 27 years of creeps treating him like dirt, simply because he doesn't fit their view of society. And not once, did I ever hear him say anything bad about anybody. I have a mission. It's to give Bill a home. If he is who I think he is, then it's the least I can do.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
StompK,

I have a question for you to ask "Bill".

Is what he says only the way to tell you/us, because the truth truth, is not comprehensable to the current level of the human mind, that is, does he have to dum certain things down, because we are not yet advanced enough to understand.

Oh, and try and ignore anyone here who calls you evil, or the servant of Satan etc. for beleiving Bill.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
THE PASSION OF THE NAZARENE

Jesus was a man with uncombed hair,

who wore a tattered outdated garment.

He was called vulgar; uncouth and unclean.

Jesus was a man of the most profound compassion, tears coming to his eyes at the sight of another human being suffering.

He was called soft and weak.

A very bold and fearless man, who, with a whip in his hands, cleansed the temples of the moneychangers, though they were licensed by the priests.

He was deemed a violent madman.

But the hated and despised One brought forth a challenge.

"I have come to separate the sons from the fathers and the daughters from the mothers. I have come not to unite, but to divide. Do not think that I have come to bring peace; for I have come with the sword, and bring war."

Faith and Heresy

The tiniest spark of idolatry is blinding, and, inevitably, leads to the true knowledge of God becoming lost.

The warnings contained in the wise words of ancient sages unfortunately are not heeded.

Any teaching, ritual or convention that separates the source of life from the source of worship unconsciously removes "God" from the "self", and is the most spiritually destructive force, leading unto darkness and unwisdom.

The masses of people, however, will look upon this spiritual dis-ease as a natural gift or blessing, and will oftentimes attempt to explain things to others which they themselves do not understand.

Thankfully, there are those, the spiritually sensitive, bold enough to challenge the teachings of the priests and ministers and rabbi's, to cry out from the dark narrow pit, exclaiming the absence of Light.

The religious authorities name these desperate cries for Light, coming from those poor souls whom they themselves have trapped in darkness, as "heresy".

Heresy does not immediately establish anything, but only opposes something.

Over time, however, heresy can become the foundation for meaningful cultural expression.

The desolate ruin wrought by heresy paves the way for the coming of the poor righteous teacher.......

...................the true prophet.........

..................................the mighty hunter...........

....................................................the Deliverer..............

...................................................................the Terrible One...............

THE MESSIAH

To be continued.............

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Your story is interesting to say the least, but I would have to be sceptical of Bill when he openly discredited the truthfulness of the Holy Bible.

By stating that both men who were crucified with Jesus was saved and that Satan is forgiven are two statements that contradicted the Holy Bible.

Like it was mentioned in a previous post, you have to beware of false prophets and that Satan will have the power to decieve many by using truth and light.

I trust no man. Only through prayer to our Heavenly Father, in Jesus' name, can we come to know the truth. The Holy Spirit can not decieve those who seek the truth. He is the truth.

[edit on 2/4/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I will believe in Bill, and the Bible. Bill twisted nothing.
When I was going to the church, they had a food bank. I took Bill over there to get some food. They let him into a room, that had the junky stuff. But there was another room with the good stuff reserved for church members. This is the church. I know the truth, do you. It's OK to trust people, even a homeless man. If they steal from you, let em. I have less trust of someone whos been studying the bible for 20 years, and starts out his service with, I hate the snow. God is with me on this, I can feel him. Only those who believe will see. It is time to change the world. It can be done, if we believe. Bill has performed a miracle in my book. He's survived 27 years of creeps treating him like dirt, simply because he doesn't fit their view of society. And not once, did I ever hear him say anything bad about anybody. I have a mission. It's to give Bill a home. If he is who I think he is, then it's the least I can do.

You think a messenger from God is really going to complain to you about how he was treated like a creep for 27 years?

Did Jesus complain about his situation? No. He prayed for his "enemies".

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
stompk would you please u2u me a link to your website?i'm very interested in taking a deeper look into his claims.mainly the one about the time of revelation passing,because the vibes and visions i have are the complete opposite.the stage has been set for awhile now and every current event seems to be pointing in the direction of biblical prophecies.heck theyre unfolding day in and day out.i have an especially bad feeling about this year as well.but please u2u me a link to your site.and 1 ? do you have any pictures of bill himself?i want to see what kind of vibe i get from a glance.also what state do you live in?if he's for real, i'll give up every worldly possession i have to walk with him. wouldn't be hard as i was homeless myself not too long ago for 2 years.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The entire story sounds very plausible to me, who can disprove it? One would hate to dismiss these events and this valuable information out of hand, and then later come to realize that it was the truth. When I was younger, I lived in a college town out west, and to make ends meet I would donate blood plasma 2-3 times a week. One Saturday morning, I encountered a man. We had finished up about the same time and walked out together. This facility accepted day old breads and goods from local bakeries to distribute to many of the poorer people who frequented the place. We gathered up some breads and muffins and went out to the parking lot to chat. This guy was right out of an old Jesus movie, wearing nothing more than a toga like robe. He had long dark hair, and no shoes. He was really happy to receive the free bread to say the least. He told me that he had walked from someplace in Oregon (to Arizona), barefoot, weather and all. I asked him if he had worked along the way, and he said he didnt trade work for money, but he gave blood plasma- strange reasoning I felt. He went on and on about Jesus and all things biblical, and since I didnt really have my head screwed on straight at the time, i eventually told him good luck, and drove away. I think about this guy occassionally and your Bill story caused me to think about it again. It is highly unfortunate that your girlfriend didnt see the light, but I am sure the situation will work out for the best. I am interested in anything and everything this guy may have related to you, please u2u me with the url to your site, etc...
Aside, don't be discouraged by individuals who discount your tale here or anywhere- they wouldnt be convinced if John Lennon rose from the dead and knocked on their front door. Sad, but until they learn to come to terms with their Ego selves, they will continue through life with blindfolds in place.
Your good deed has borne much more fruit than you would have ever expected, ey? Hope to hear from you soon, Keep it real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join