It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombs found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
police find 114 bombs in a house

Authorities seized more than 20 pounds of highly explosive material, as well as more than 100 explosive devices.

“In my 20 years in law enforcement, I have never seen an operation this large,” said Chief Dwaine Winkels of the Albert Lea Police Department.

I understand that some kids and some adults will play with homemade bombs, but what were they doing with that quantity of them?

From the video that accompanies the story, the police say the family is not talking to them after all four of them were arrested.

JDub

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Nice catch there Blue!
As to what they may have been doing with son many bombs I can not say for certain but after checking out the town's demographic I can make an assumption.
Frost Mn. has a great big population of 251 as of the 2000 census.
Here is the interesting part

the racial makeup of the city was 96.81% White, 0.00% African American, 0.00% Native American, 0.40% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 2.79% from other races, and 0.00% from two or more races. 2.79% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Since Mn. is a stronghold of many of the anti-government extremists and the the survivalist movement.
Going with that, I would have to assume that the Yahnke family maybe members of these groups. It is a good thing that it was caught now!

[edit on 31-3-2006 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hmm... those are intersting statistics now that you have brought them up. What caught my eye was the numbers of bombs found. The video also mentioned that the one kid was being investigated for blowing up a port-o-potty somewhere nearby.

I am in a state near Wisconsin, and we do have a few militia around here but not many that are visible. So, I take it that you think he was militia?

JDub

new topics

join