It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth is...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonestar

This true way of life is not a matter of opinion. There are absolute truths and relative truths. The rules of dietetics have changed many times in my lifetime. Many scientific findings have changed from year to year. The scientists taught for decades that the world was once a nebulous, molten mass cast off from the sun, and later many scientists said it once was a whirl of dust which solidified. There are many ideas advanced to the world that have been changed to meet the needs of the truth as it has been discovered. There are relative truths, and there are also absolute truths which are the same yesterday, today, and forever�never changing. These absolute truths are not altered by the opinions of men. As science has expanded our understanding of the physical world, certain accepted ideas of science have had to be abandoned in the interest of truth. Some of these seeming truths were stoutly maintained for centuries. The sincere searching of science often rests only on the threshold of truth, whereas revealed facts give us certain absolute truths as a beginning point so we may come to understand the nature of man and the purpose of his life.

The earth is spherical. If all the four billion people in the world think it flat, they are in error. That is an absolute truth, and all the arguing in the world will not change it. Weights will not suspend themselves in the air, but when released will fall earthward. The law of gravity is an absolute truth. It never varies. Greater laws can overcome lesser ones, but that does not change their undeniable truth.

Spencer W. Kimball, �Absolute Truth,� Ensign, Sept. 1978, 3

And this is what I would call limiting your thinking. How would the human race evolve technologically if we thought that each law was absolute? We don't even know what gravity is. We can measure it, that is it.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Doesn't it say in the bible== In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth.. He was there before the earth was formed.

Now maybe he was just sitting around and said Man Im bored... and decided to create our tiny planet in the middle of this great expanse of nothingness.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
true,true...
but what does it all mean?...
some interesting times indeed...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
...Creating of itself in order to know itself. We are part of that infinite intelligence and we are part of that creating process and we are part of the creation. All different levels of the same infinite intelligence. Light can become matter, we have proved it. Matter can become energy, we have proved it. Matter is conscious. Why in the world would we think that energy or light would be any less conscious? That's like a 5th grader saying that calculus isn't really math because he hasn't seen it or doesn't understand it.

Never have a seen a species so anthropocentric that they cannot even conceive of anything beyond the "object" world that their perception feeds them. Except ,of course, to conceive of some big 500 foot guy on a throne next to streets of gold and a crystal sea that can't make up his mind if he is vengeful or forgiving.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by uIVIa

And this is what I would call limiting your thinking. How would the human race evolve technologically if we thought that each law was absolute? We don't even know what gravity is. We can measure it, that is it.

I think the point is that each law is not absolute, because things are always changing. Right when we think we know what we are talking about, we find out that we dont really have a clue. There are some things that are absolute truths. There are many, however, that are not.

If you think that all truths are absolute, you are the one who is limiting your thinking.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
yes uIVIa, all truth is personal, i was merely pointing out that it didn't make sense, logically, but then again personal truth overrides logic so i guess i was looking to start some simple talk....

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
yes uIVIa, all truth is personal, i was merely pointing out that it didn't make sense, logically, but then again personal truth overrides logic so i guess i was looking to start some simple talk....

Alright, how 'bout this. Gravity is God. It's all pervasive and it's everywhere and in everything. Throw me your logic, I'm down for some simple talk.

You see, it doesn't make sense to YOU. Doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to others. For some people war makes sense. But for a lot of people it doesn't.

If you wish clarification for anything I state then ask. Keep in mind though I am fully aware that I may be completely wrong. I'm also fully aware that every single person could be completely wrong. I don't believe anything but in order to integrate and grow the intellect I believe in everything. I just don't believe in that belief.

Here's some more illogic for you. God is only thought. Thought creates all things. So you and me and that tree are just thoughts of God.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
"To learn the truth, one must forget all that society has taught."

Kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
i think the truth is the only thing that'll save our asses, no more of this mass deception

Save from what? Physical death? That will happen anyway. What do you require saving from? [/quote
\\\\\\\\++++++++////////

LUNATICS & meglo-maniacs, et al

ranters & ravers, who are convinced, theirs is the ONLY TRUE & SURE SALVATION
And Everyone Else Had Better Fall In Line !!!

browse away at: deoxy.org...

www.paradise-engineering.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonestar

I think the point is that each law is not absolute, because things are always changing. Right when we think we know what we are talking about, we find out that we dont really have a clue. There are some things that are absolute truths. There are many, however, that are not.

If you think that all truths are absolute, you are the one who is limiting your thinking.

No, I was saying truth was arbitrary. Any absolute truth you have is only absolute given your current perception and knowledge. For all your truths I'm willing to bet there is someone out there that just doesn't see it the way you do. In fact, I have thought of alternatives for every truth I've ever heard.

Alright, the Earth is spherical. Until we realized it bulged at the equator. Now it's "almost spherical". But if you take into account it's magnetic fields (which are an integral part of it) it looks more like a donut. Mmmm, donut.

The physical is malleable with energy (ex. electricity, heat). So the physical that looks absolute is just huge amounts of space that can easily be changed by applying energy.

And have you ever thought about how limited your perspective is. Think about the microscopic world that is your body. To a bacteria you are the size of a planet. So you are a god of your own planet. Yet take in the size of the known universe and you are the size of the bacteria on a bacteria. Can't visualize that? Try This.

Give me a truth and I'll think of an alternative. In an infinite universe my alternative exists. So that truth becomes arbitrary. Muhahaha.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
soothsayer

You seem to be saying that everything we have learned in society is bad.
Thier is alot of Good that has been, is and forvever will be taught to our society.

The only truth is to live a truthfull life.

"Realization of Truth is higher than all else.
Higher still is Truthful Living." (Guru Nanak, Sri Rag)

Thier have been alot of truths taught through our society through time, we have just not embraced it enough and its clouded by mistruths.
Deep

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas

Originally posted by banjoechef
i think the truth is the only thing that'll save our asses, no more of this mass deception

Save from what? Physical death? That will happen anyway. What do you require saving from? [/quote
\\\\\\\\++++++++////////

LUNATICS & meglo-maniacs, et al

ranters & ravers, who are convinced, theirs is the ONLY TRUE & SURE SALVATION
And Everyone Else Had Better Fall In Line !!!

browse away at: deoxy.org...

www.paradise-engineering.com...

What?! You question my Non-Truths? My non-truths are the TRUE SALVATION!

Seriously though, I think what I most like to convey in my interactions with others is that this level of thought chess is fun but only if weight is not attached to the thought. If all thoughts are given the same weight instead of some considered dirty, mean, stupid, intelligent, etc all sorts of interactions and integrations can be made without restrictions. And since we can't measure the weight of thoughts I suppose they all weigh the same anyway.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have always been fascinated with... SUBLIME

~~~

pardon me, but i don't dialogue...

i just TAG, and dissolve

enjoy your journey

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reality is perception because it is the perceptee's reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join