It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Superman' Type Strength (Reality)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
ok, my question now scientists have now broken the human genetic code!!

it is a well known fact that EVERY living creature on earth share simlar genetic codes to each other (afterall we all started out from the same microbes)!!

ok my question, could it be reality where as one day scentists may input the genes of say:-

a cheeter - speed
bear - strength
eagle - sight
cameleon - stealth
fish - breath under water
etc

and create the perfect human at birth with 'superman' type of ablitys!!

is that science fiction, or could we see something like this in the future (ie:- military purposes)?

[edit on 31-3-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o
ok my question, could it be reality where as one day scentists may input the genes of say:-

a cheeter - speed
bear - strength
eagle - sight
cameleon - stealth
etc

is that science fiction, or could we see something like this in the future (ie:- military purposes)?
[edit on 31-3-2006 by st3ve_o]

A "cheeter's" speed comes from the fast twitch muscle fiber common to felines. It also has a lot to do with the physical structure of the "cheeter's" musculature.

The Bear's strength comes from the size and density of it's muscles. You couldn't be as strong as a bear without being the size of the bear.

Modifying the human genome to replicate the eye's of an eagle in a human being is strange. For some reason I don't think it would work without modifying how the brain processes that info, and thereby changeing other aspects of the brain as well.

By chemelion's stealth I'll assume you mean camoflauge. That comes from certain types of color changing cells that exist in the chemeleon's skin. This probably wouldn't work yet, but I can't say for sure why.

As for people with gills, I don't think there is enough oxygen in the water to maintain the human body through gill breathing. I may be wrong, but I think you'd need to pump something like 20 gallons a second through the gills to get enough oxygen to survive.

Cool thought though, I'd go with hightened smell and hearing like Wolverine, and a healing factor would be nice too.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o

a cheeter - speed
bear - strength
eagle - sight
cameleon - stealth
etc

edit on 31-3-2006 by st3ve_o]

Oh, probably. But someone would have to create the ultimate Mad Scientist first.

Ok, seriously. None of the above listed resembles a human being. Imagine the hideous creature that the would-be Dr. Frankenstein would create.

Would you reeeeealllllyyy want to see that?

If so, give me a couple days, and I'll photoshop one together.

btw - Science Fiction stuff, imho.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
yeah exactly, they wouldn't look human at all!!

the reason i posted this thread is because i was watching a documentry on disc-sci-fi channel about how humans could travel the stars!!

one suggestion was, modify the human genes and put us into an freeze/hibernation state (like a pet hampster).

we would then arrive to our destintion, youthful and able to explore a new world!!

so yeah, i guess thats why i asked the question - 'would the military ever go to such lengths to create the 'perfect solider' by modifying the human genes?

the person would have the mind of a human (make decsions like a human) but have combination of different ablitys & strengths which a human-being doesn't have.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by st3ve_o]

top topics

join