It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the old members?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Where did all the members go? I'm not talking about the regulars that post daily; I'm referring to all the members that use to post and have disappeared. No I do not think it some conspiracy where they are being picked up or taken care of; but Why do a lot of the members simply not visit or post any longer? Some of my favorite posters have simply disappeared. >_<

See for your self look at posts from 2005, check out the members in the posts. Perhaps we need VH1 to do a "Where are they now?"

[edit changed subject]

[edit on 31-3-2006 by GameSetMatch]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Old members don't die, they just slowly fade away.........................

but seriously, are you looking for any members in particular?

Try to use the member function. search for username. click on username, then click on '...all posts from this user.'

At least you can find out when they were last active...

Maybe on other threads where you have not been lurking?

Maybe got another hobby?

Maybe you are the last of the holdouts?

edit = Darn! Typo.

[edit on 3/31/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I also see a lot of posters from that period or earlier than 2005 that have been banned for whatever reason. I have gone back in the archives to do some tagging for points and have seen numerous members in the same thread labeled as banned.

I think Mechanic 32 may be correct also in that members' tastes change or their life takes a turn for better or for worse so that they spend less time here.

JDub

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
People are around, but they get bored of the same old arguments time after time. I went from about 25/30 posts a day to around 2. Except for new developments in the news, it really just becomes repeating one's self on topics.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I dont know what constitutes "old timer", but I still actively post and have been around since 11/3/04. I actually consider myself fairly new.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You can count on the next presidential elections to bring out the 'old-timers'. Especially if Hillary Clinton wins the Democratic primaries.

There will be some good debating (among other things) because the Republicans have to elect another presidential candidate for their party.

Look forward to one hell of a war of words in 2008 though!

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Well, what do you see as being "old members", I joined in October of 2004, so I've been here over a year, but like Skippy, I still consider myself sorta new.

Most of the super moderators, and alot of moderators have been here over a year.

I think it's a time thing, in the summer you see alot of posting, and alot of members that have'nt posted for awhile start posting more.

But yeah, the other reasons mentioned are definately reasons to.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I have wondered this myself about a few members.

I miss reading Indigo_Child's threads on ancient Indian mythology, religion, science, etc.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Dude you have only been here a few months.. not even a full year.. how can you KNOW the old members?
Most of the old members are super moderators by now except for those of us that lurk more than we post.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
In Loving Memory of Pisky,
With the tinfoil hat,
And what happened to Masked Avatar?
Hope he comes back.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

This is Pisky. I miss him.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Whew.... I'm here, I'm here....

You guys are not going to believe this, but I was abducted by aliens.
I know, I know, you want proof, we'll the film is being developed and I hope to have the pics back very soon.

My experience was awesome, for all those who think the aliens are up to no good, you're wrong. They were very friendly and kind to me.

I can't wait to go back, maybe I'll post the date, time and place as to where they're picking me up again.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Oldie here also,

lol we are about, just look around

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Remember Ed Singer?

Nanna of 6

I wish everyone came back.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Who you callin' old?!?

Truth is, it's really just like everyone said above... this is an online community. Unfortunately we don't know what happens to a lot of people because of that. When someone stops posting here, there are hundreds of possible reasons. Maybe they found something else that interested them more, maybe they got a new job and can't be on the computer, or worst of all, maybe they became seriously ill, or even passed away...

We have members of all age groups here from all over the world, so truly, anything is possible. The only recommendation I have for those who have these concerns is if you're buddies with someone, exchange emails or something. I know I've made a LOT of friends here in 3 and a half years that I'd hate to lose.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Oldie here also,

lol we are about, just look around

And may you never leave!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Depends on your deffinition of old............

in human years....I am kinda old

But compared to.........say Stonehedge......or the dinosaurs..........I am just middle aged.......LOL

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Dude you have only been here a few months.. not even a full year.. how can you KNOW the old members?
Most of the old members are super moderators by now except for those of us that lurk more than we post.

Yes, myself included.

The God of Mischief still lurks daily,

And like above, I post approximately 1 time a day.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
didnt realise until i viewed this thread how long ive been meandering about ats. so uh... some of us arent gone.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
In Loving Memory of Pisky,
With the tinfoil hat,
And what happened to Masked Avatar?
Hope he comes back.

I miss them both. Pisky especially.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join