It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET film at the Adler Planetarium (Chicago)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hey folks,

I took the train downtown on Friday morning to stay over with some friends for a while and watch the Cubs game. I left just after the ET debate ended and so still had a lot of that BLUE BOOK stuff (especially the Washington sightings of 1952) on my mind... So, I brought along my physical copy of the BB 'unknowns'. Well, after the Cubs fried the fishies last night, I brought up the UFO issue and passed those reports around the room. Well.. In short, even the skeptics were pretty darn baffled by some of those close-up sightings that included evidence like radar returns...

So, at any rate, the next day we were down on the museum campus (Adler, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Grant Park+ Soldier Field) and had a few hours to spare so we dropped by the planetarium. Seeing that the film they were about to show was called "The Search for Alien Planets", one friend suggeste dthat I might like to watch it...

...So, the show (a sorta IMAX deal) was what you'd expect, for the most part... It was all about interferometers and wobbling stars (though the narration was annoyingly set-up as a conversation with a little kid) and featured interviews with one of the scientists (I believe his name is Darcey/Darci?) who has discovered many extra-solar planets... However, at the end, the movie asked if 'anyone out there' in the audience was willing to try to discover aliens AT THE MOMENT THE HEAD OF A GREY/GRAY APPEARED ON THE SCREEN. Now, throughout the show they had funny bits where aliens with dinosaur heads (in toy form) appeared in the film, but the way the grey was presented at the end was very interesting... in that only the face was used and the film took on a 'this is what you might find' tone. What also makes this interesting was that the film was presented by a respected public institution and involved interviews with serious scientists.

I'm not saying that this was anything like disclosure, nor do i wish to imply that it was the academic world tipping the public as to what is going on... as it was nothing like that... I just find it very interesting that the planetarium would show a film that used the standard grey form as an example of what we could expect to encounter, as most academic institutions stay very far away from any research that involves greys/UFOs or the idea that the beings people report in CE3 experiences are real.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
the grays have to be here...
1.a respected science institution portraying them...
when supposedly scientist were stating the birds to bees anology as to why the greys do not exist...
2.pre disclosure to an event that is destined to happen...
3.why all the cover up and lies...
maybe a fear of institutional collapse...
4.and why the focus on earth by ebe's or better yet why the focus of ebe's by earthlings...

some very strange days we are living in indeed...

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Well,
To clarify, in case anyone is misreading me, the show at the planetarium was aimed at a family audience and had a lighthearted attitude. It wasn't akin to a lecture in college wherein a respected PhD said greys are real. So, it wasn't a 'disclosure' situation.

What I thought was interesting about it, though, was the fact that universities, museums, planetariums, and NASA will never go near the concept of 'greys' at all.... or use them as a model of sorts in their presentations... but here we had greys being presented (visually, not by spoken word/text) as a possible outcome of the search for ETs... In fact, the grey image came after the movie talked about NASA's interferometer telescope project.

It should also be noted that the 'grey' was child-friendly in appearance, as it was toyish in appearance.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Very intersting story OIMD. I wonder if there is anything more to them using that face at the end of the film? I guess one day, we'll find out.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
In all honesty, I assume that they just used the 'grey' face because it has become the standard issue, stereotypical alien face. Such an image would connect with most viewers immediately... However, as most institutions won't touch talk about 'greys' with a ten foot pole, I found this interesting. Were they being convenient, concessory to popular culture, or did the director secretly believe in 'greys' (or does the museum director?)?

join