It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ID Cards Compulsory in UK by 2010 - Official

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Does anyone else see something sinister in the way the ID card scheme has recently been steamrollered through UK parliament?

The House of Lords have rejected the bill 5 times, the allegedly astronomical cost of the scheme is a controversial issue, public support for the scheme is 80% against, the 'official' benefits are a farce (it will not stop any terrorist anywhere or anytime) and yet the Queen has this week signed into law the Identity and Passport Service to oversee the scheme.

By 2010 Biometric ID cards will be compulsory in this country

Not much scares me, but there must be some power forcing this scheme into existence (NWO Illuminati Reptiles - take your pick) and this week it has become a reality

'The amendments mean that until 2010 those renewing passports will be able to opt out of receiving an ID card but will still have their biometric and other personal details entered into the National Identity Register'

Silicon News dot com

It is not just the ID cards but the database of the biometrics of every human in this country that I am opposed to.

If you want to travel abroad you need to apply for a passport and from 2008 - 2010 that means compulsory collection of biometric data and from 2010 onwards compulsory ID card.

UK citizens – renew your passports in 2007 so you get 10 years before you have to hand over your DNA!

mod edit to use "ex" tags instead of "quote" tags
Quote Reference.
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

[edit on 31-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I know many people will be opposed to this, but I don't see how the Government having your DNA records could in anyway affect your personal life unless you plan on commiting crimes?? Surely it would be a more secure ID and virtually impossible to fake.. in my own opinion if they are going to bring them in they should be compulsery for every UK resident, not just those who are renewing passports or are planning on going abroad, EVERYONE should have one by 2010.

I don't personally think it will affect us in our day to day lives but then maybe i'm missing something...??

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Not to flame you or anything, but that's a cop-out in it's most basic form. The 'It's fine with me, because I'm not a criminal' mentality is something that's been floating around for a LONG time, and we, as people, need to stand up and say, NO. We don't want people being in possession of our DNA signatures. Who knows what will be done with them. We all know what's PUBLICLY possible to do with it, as we all hear news from the Human Genome Project periodically. What we don't know is what sort of 'black' technology is floating around. What happens when we're running low on troops next time? Is there a biometric photocopy machine buried somewhere at Los Alamos?

Let's face it. There is no good reason for ANY government, state, local, or global, to have access to anyone's DNA, be it mine or yours.

mod edit: removed quote of previous post

[edit on 31-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well said Loki

I don't even like using a store loyalty card because I don't want anyone monitoring what I buy and when (this is not paranoia BTW I just feel happier that way) so I am damned sure I don't want anyone storing my DNA

[edit on 31/3/2006 by alienanderson]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
alienanderson- i agree with the store loyalty card point, I too find it annoying how you can personally be monitered for what you buy. In a way it's a certain spyware device used in the real world.

Identity cards can make the UK safer, DNA has been taken for a while now by police stations, If you get arrested your DNA is taken and stored already. Many thousands of people probably already have their DNA on record. The Government won't be able to track your movements directly, unless a swipe system is brought in e.g. you board a train your card is swiped.

And as for the black ops thing i feel damned sorry for any clone who looks like me!

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Looks to me like the plague that is George Bush has seriously infected the UK. I apologize to the Brits for this development.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I agree with what your saying Anderson.

Obviously im hugely against ID cards, and there are clear powerfull globalist forces behind it, just like the anti-terror laws.
This is a project called World ID and our ID cards are forced on us thrugh the EU which is part of the world ID project based in the united states.
Thats my understanding of it so far.

Obviously a centralised database of genetic information (which they offered to sell all the data to help fund the project) is not secure is not safe and is very strange. why on earth do they want to collect our genetic data? i can see some strange potentials for it, after all genetic engineering has advanced a long way since the eugenics of the middle of the 20th centuary.
Extremly worrying, and no stopping it either so you may as well get a card or protest about it.

The plan for the card is to be used for everything, ie getting electronic banking account, getting a job, buying and selling, electronic doors.
And we have to pay for the privilege.
Its confusing as to how involved the govenrment is in these dystopian control projects. Why dont they oppose it, are they all totalitarians in disguise?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yes i agree, i don´t really see the need for them other than to monitor there own citizens. It won´t stop terrorisim everyone knows that. DNA should only be taken if a crime is commited, a serious crime that is. My DNA is in the database for possesion of an 8th of Cannabis. It´s ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Heres a very interesting E-mail I recieved Just today. Scary stuff.

You may have heard that legislation creating compulsory ID Cards passed a crucial stage in the House of Commons. You may feel that ID cards are not something to worry about, since we already have photo ID for our passport and driving license and an ID Card will be no different to that. What you have not been told is the full scope of this proposed ID Card, and what it will mean to you personally.

(mod edit: quoting, and how to quote - please revisit)

[edit on 31-3-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have mentioned in a similar post a while ago that I work in the private/corporate security sector, which is currently going through the licensing process. The cost for each ID card to the service providers is in excess of £200. The data on these cards and the controlling database holds nowhere near the amount that will be covered by the proposed ID system.
So, based even on a cost of £200 each and a compulsory issue for every man, woman and child we can work out a rough cost. Say £200 x 50M = £10,000,000,000. That's just the cost for issuing the cards and gathering the required data. There is then the initial setup cost and the ongoing staffing and maintenance. Somebody somewhere is in for a nice little contract.
The consequences are scary. Why should I have to show ID to draw money that I have earned from my employer? Hell, I'm sure the plan is to do away with physical cash completely. That way we will ALL be scrutinised in our spending habits.
Who the hell ever gave these so called representatives of the people such authority over such basic and private aspects of our lives?

It's about time these jokers were put against a wall and shot. A few decades ago they'd probably have been hounded from office well before now. The masses these days are just too dumbed down to realise exactly what is happeneing to them

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Mabye the government is so scared by the apathy and total contempt that people in the UK show for the political system and there leaders. That they are scared of revolountary activites and want to watch out for any abnormal behaviour linked to this. Becasue the Revoloution is coming!!

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Makes you wonder about the 'cannot buy or sell without the mark (of the beast) remark in Revelations doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
yea it certainly does. from what i know of the mark of the beast, it matches exactly the implanted chip that gives you an electronic number.
the deadline for that in all people is 2020, though they will prolly be a few years behind as always

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thanks for all the valid points raised and I agree with most of the views

However, my main point is
No one wants these ID cards
They are not a good idea
And yet - a law has been passed this week that will lead to their full implementation in 2010
However you look at it - clearly this is not democracy

Someone has forced this upon us

WTF can be done?

As far as I can see, I have two choices

* I do not apply for a passport after 2010 - thereby remain a 'prisoner' in my own country
* I emigrate from UK before 2010

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
DNA cards would suck. I dont like the fact of any government having that, however I would agree to having my fingerprint on file. and having to do a finger print scan were needed for secure acess. It would make airport lines better if one could just scan their finger and be allowed through, based on their record. Besides, if one wanted to commit a crime, one could just wear gloves

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
As far as I can see - UK citizens please renew your passport in 2007 to give yourself maximum ability to resist compulsory registration on this new ID system

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
alienanderson, I agree with you 10000000% alienanderson I DO NOT want my DNA stored or catalogued in anyway shape of from I think we as people are watched and logged too much as it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really HATE the direction England is moving in these days and it is Tony Blair who wants these ID cards, car tracking and monitoring of us all and I HATE IT!!!!!!!!
I am not a bad person and I don’t break the law im not a criminal but I still don’t want to be tracked everywhere I go and everything I do.

If these was some way I could stop the way things are going I WOULD STOP IT NOW and I know im not the only person who feels like this I know 80% of England’s citizens feel the same way I do.

The Government is there to serve us, NOT to make us prisoners in our own country. The Government should fear us not the other way around.
We as the people of England should STAND UP AND SAY NO FU*K OFF we don’t want it and we wont let it happen.

The USA had big problems with Identity Fraud because every one is the USA has a Social Security Number and that’s it so someone who wants to steal a persons Identity all they need is just one number, but in England we have a National Insurance Number, a Driving Licence Number, a Tax Code Number and a NHS number so it is a lot harder to steal a persons Identity to commit fraud.
When these new cards come in all we will have is just one number like is the USA and everything will go to #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the GOOD WORK alienanderson I am behind you all the way!!!!! Let us STAND UP for our rights and STOP the Government ruling our life’s

SAY NO !!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS SAY NO………….NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lataz

Alex1981

[edit on 22/01/2005 by alex1981]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
alex1981 thanks for your support

you understand

I never voted for ID cards
I never voted for invasion of Afghanistan
I never voted for regime change in Iraq

and they dare call this a democracy?

F*ck that!

As V said - governments should fear their people not the other way around

That is NOT the case

I am so pissed off with the new ID law
No one wants it, yet is has come to pass: therefore a higher power has brought it into being

Unless I am missing something obvious, there is a secret government or organisation who so wants our DNA for their own reasons they have pushed this through

** UK RESIST NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE **

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
the government are trying to say that the purpose for the ID cards is to stop terrorism and make britain safer but i can not for the life of me understand how having someones biometric data is going to stop them blowing up a bus/train/embassy etc.

its all a bit 1984 really

big brother is defenately watching!

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is simply the next step in the march towards implantable microchip tracking.....very very sad.

Here in Australia the news report said the other day "The good news is that unlike the controversial Australia Card, the Australian Smart Card will hold MORE information."

Like this is supposed to be a GOOD THING???!!!!?????!

I cannot stress how important it is NOT to take the Microchip....NEVER TAKE THE MICROCHIP when it comes....

It's very sad, because my generation (I'm only 21) will embrace the chip with open arms, they'll go "coool, a microchip implant, now I don't have to carry cards or cash, this is awesome, I'm like a machine..."

This all makes me so mad that nobody can see whats going on, even older people who should know better that power corrupts, and every government that becomes powerful, hungers for more, and turns totalitarian.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join