It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orson help to save the Millers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Anybody want to see Orson in April? Well come to Rotherham! Amazing as it seems the US West Coast based rock band have adopted Rotherham United as their footlball club and are playing a benefit gig at the towns Magna Centre on April 12th, tickets are £10 with all profits going to the Save The Millers fund.

Thanks a million guys, I salute you!

details on this site

and this one

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Aren't you safe yet waynos? i swear i saw in the paper that a miilionaire had stepped in to save you , maybe im wrong?

And how much is it you need ? I can remember last year when the unmentionables from mardy lane were in trouble they had a exhibition match against forest which was packed .

And by the way its good of the band to support a team in distress

[edit on 31-3-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There's been a lot of misreporting Buckaroo and it has hit our survival bid somewhat.

Basically the old board of directors have quit (good riddance) and two new guys who are actually from Rotherham have picked up the baton to save the club, however they are not millionaires and the clubs actual situation has not changed except that creditors are willing to give the new owners a bit more time to sort things out. Therefore the threat of closure this season has been lifted (last Saturdays game against Bristol City was going to be the last ever but for this takeover) but as you can imagine reports of 'Millers Saved' are only partly true and not actually very helpful.

Don't you fancy the gig? Stagland to Roth in 30 minutes?

new topics

join