It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro dead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The rumor mill is in full motion. Unofficial reports that the Cuban leader has died.

Is it true? Who knows, not a strong source:

Longtime Cuban dictator Fidel Castro died today at his residence in El Laguito.

According to unofficial sources, the Cuban dictator had been in critical condition for the last few days after suffering a sudden heart attack.

Fidel Castro took power January 1, 1959 through a coup, deposing dictator Fulgencio Batista and sinse then has kept himself in power.

Official government sources, including brother Raul Castro and top officials in the regime have not yet notified the Cuban people, awaiting international reaction.

[edit on 31-3-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
He is pretty old, but I wouldn't be surprised if he lived forever... With all the assassination attempts he's survived, and all!

That being said, if he has passed on, it's only a matter of time before people say that the US government finally got him. Of course it wouldn't be because of the fact that he was just plain old!

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If true, it would be interesting to see if this begins a cascade that brings the fall of Communism on the island. Fidel's brother, Raul, asserts that Communism will live on after the death of Fidel but, really, who ever heard of the great communist leader Raul Castro?.
I couldn't find anything after a quick google.

EDIT:
Castro is still kicking. The bottom of skippy's source linked to a blog, which is reporting that the dictator met with a LatAm energy executive today.
)&EN]Here
Another day, I suppose. It's pretty ineverable
[edit on 31-3-2006 by TheGoodDoctorFunk]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Cubans will find that to be a very cruel April fools joke.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
That old man has been around forever. He's just crazy enough to probably outlive most all of us. Almost as nuts as Chavez in Venezuala. Someday maybe he'll kick off, but something tells me he'll be around for a little longer

top topics

join