It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's subs have nuke capability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
"Israel has modified US-made cruise missiles to carry nuclear warheads on submarines, giving it the ability to launch atomic weapons from land, air or sea."

english.aljazeera.net...

This is just scary.

Where will it stop?

Peace...please,
BG

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Scary, indeed.

"A big source of contention is Israel," said a senior UN official trying to convince Iran to undergo additional inspections. "This is a magnet for other countries to develop nuclear weapons."

Sad but true... A little comparable to this thread

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Thats good that Iseral has nukes. Maybe now the palistininans will shut up and stop all the terror.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
Thats good that Iseral has nukes. Maybe now the palistininans will shut up and stop all the terror.

While Israel has had nukes for quite some time, their capabilities (to an extent) have been largely localized. I agree with you in principal, but realistically, do you think Israel would really use a nuke against the Palestinians? This seems directed at others.

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
nuclear weapons will not go away. theres nothing you can do about it so get over it.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It's not so much that I want them to go away, nor do I have any illusions that they ever will. It just seems that the region will be filled with countries who have them for protection.
India and Pakistan is an example of where I think this will lead.
Someone enlighten me if I am way off.

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Dont copy these topics / double post..

Here is the ORGINAL and most INFORMATIVE ATS TOPIC ON THIS SUBJECT!

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Dont copy these topics / double post..

Here is the ORGINAL and most INFORMATIVE ATS TOPIC ON THIS SUBJECT!

Sorry, I started this one a few hrs after the first. It was not an intentional attempt to copy anyone, I just didn't see it.

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
One more article on this....

Not a very good feeling about it...

US says it supplied Israel with nuclear missiles for subs

THE OBSERVER , LONDON AND JERUSALEM
Monday, Oct 13, 2003,Page 1
Israeli and US officials have admitted collaborating to deploy US-supplied Harpoon cruise missiles armed with nuclear warheads in Israel's fleet of Dolphin-class submarines, giving the Middle East's only nuclear power the ability to strike at any of its Arab neighbors.

The unprecedented disclosure came as Israel announced that states `harboring terrorists' are legitimate targets, responding to Syria's declaration of its right to self-defense should Israel bomb its territory again.

According to Israeli and Bush administration officials interviewed by the Los Angeles Times, the sea-launch capability gives Israel the ability to target Iran more easily should the Iranians develop their own nuclear weapons.

www.taipeitimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join