It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's hypothetical, but apt. US/Russia Again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The Cold War is over right? Yeah. I'm buying that.
That's the preface to this thread.

OK, the US is making inroads on the Middle East(ME). For whatever reasons, pick the ones you feel comfortable with. Oil seems to be the biggie in discussions here. Iran is up next. Russian ally? Let's put that on the backburner for now.

Let's turn this around. What if Russia has a problem with one of the US' allies? Say one that provides them with more oil than anyone else? Hmm, CANADA! Russia desides that this counrty needs invading, why? Who cares? Maybe they have better hockey players. That's as credible as WMD.

What would the US reaction be? As conservative as the Russian one so far? I doubt it. Streets usually go 2 ways. Russia has been quite lately, they are going to be pushed in the near future. Those silo's still carry what they had before. Disrespecting Russia now, just because it isn't the USSR, is a BIG mistake imo.

I grew up looking at the skies and wondering when the bombs were going to fall. Haven't worried about that in over 20 years, it's becoming more of a reality lately. Physics= for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. THAT is not a good recipe.

Anyone else out there worried about the US advancement in the world?

BOOM!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I can see what you're getting at. I think the main problem is that our country has become over-obsessed with its "unchallenged reign" over economics and warfare. It seems that an image has been plastered in everyone's minds that we can do whatever the f--- we want and not have to deal with the consequences of it. I just hope we don't push Russia over the edge; I can see the future now..

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Let's turn this around. What if Russia has a problem with one of the US' allies? Say one that provides them with more oil than anyone else? Hmm, CANADA! Russia desides that this counrty needs invading, why? Who cares? Maybe they have better hockey players. That's as credible as WMD.

What would the US reaction be? Anyone else out there worried about the US advancement in the world?

BOOM!

I am surprised that you would pick Canada since you live there. But that is OK. I will use Cuba as a return example. What did the US do then? they stopped them from placing their missiles in Cuba and I am sure we would do the same with Canada; although if Russia did manage to invade you, it might not be all that bad. I hear their beer is better then Molson and Moosehead

It is their missiles we would worry about, so it will never happen. :shk:

[edit on 3/30/2006 by shots]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I get what you're saying, but I believe Russia is too smart to ever invade a free, democratic and peaceful nation like Canada. Especially with all of Canada's allies who would surely come to their defense.

Honestly, these days I can't even see Russia invading a small Middle Eastern nation or small Asian nation. This of course exclude Chechnya as it is a breakaway, or attempted breakaway, province. I think especially after what happened to the USSR in Afghanistan, and also because of their economic and military decline since the fall of the Soviet Union, they wouldn't dare invade a US ally without first being clearly attacked. They know that the US has a lot of money to waste sending weapons and paying fighters to give the Russians a major headache as was done in Afghanistan. I also am not too sure if the Russian economy can handle a major conflict like that, but I could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Sorry guys but this thread is nuts. Russia's current leadership has little interests outside of lining its pockets and ensuring its owm perpetuity. Attacking Canada doesn't do jack along these lines. It doesn't send their kids to a prestigious school in London or buys them a new Bentley (which they can do with relative ease).

I hope this kind of discussion dies off. Because it's so boring. Sleep well. Russia is busy cannibalizing its own population. Peace.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Sorry guys but this thread is nuts. Russia's current leadership has little interests outside of lining its pockets and ensuring its owm perpetuity. Attacking Canada doesn't do jack along these lines. It doesn't send their kids to a prestigious school in London or buys them a new Bentley (which they can do with relative ease).

I hope this kind of discussion dies off. Because it's so boring. Sleep well. Russia is busy cannibalizing its own population. Peace.

Good job man.

Right on the money.

top topics

join