It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire North Korea in Blackout???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
My husband just told me he saw on FOX, that all of North Korea was in a blackout with the exception of some castle or something like that. I'm scouring the net, nothing on FOX and can't find anything to corroborate this... has anyone heard something similiar???

show me a link...please.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
North Korea is usually pretty dark...

Earth at Night

Considering all of the energy problems they have been experiencing it would not be surprising if they are rationning electricity. Maybe their electric grid (such as it is) is in a power failure? Did FOX mention a possible cause?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think it might be a news blackout.

Did your husband mention an electrical blackout?

I can't find anything but N. Korea has had news blackouts before.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
not sure hun, I'm hearing this second hand from my husband and he can't remember any details. I just turned on FOX, but haven't seen anything about it yet.

He said they showed a satellite image and the reporters (man and woman) was saying that NKorea had no lights except for in some castle...that is as detailed as I can get from him.

[edit on 3-30-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
They do have limited electrical generation capacity and its mostly industry and the capital etc that has power. A more sinister thought. What if the were testing an EMP device and it got a bit out of hand? Any reports from SK?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Travel Advice for N. Korea

This Advice is current for Friday, 31 March 2006.
Medical treatment and facilities may not meet the standards Australians might expect and immediate cash payment for services in Euros or other foreign currency may be required. A hospital for foreigners, with English speaking doctors, operates in the Munsudong District of Pyongyang, but even hospitals in Pyongyang may lack adequate heating and medical supplies and often experience power outages and other difficulties.

Atomic Scientists

Nighttime satellite images sparkle with the bright city lights of South Korea and Japan, while neighboring North Korea remains shrouded in darkness. The country's energy needs are dire: 23 million people struggle to get by on 2 gigawatts of energy (less power than the amount consumed by a single U.S. city of 1 million people). North Korea's energy shortage likely contributed to its mid-1990s famine, when electric irrigation pumps and threshers stopped working. Factories throughout the country stand idle, and homes sometimes receive as little as two hours of electricity per day. Many have come to rely on candles and wood-burning stoves.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I've checked every source I have and can't find anything. Damn I wish I had tivo. Probably just a regular blackout thing and nothing new?? I don't know, hopefully someone else was watching FOX the same time as my husband.

btw thank you @ to all of the above

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm frantically googling as well...I'm concerned that if Dear Leader Kim doesn't get his fix of Bugs Bunny cartoons, he might get up to some mischief. No luck yet, though...I'll keep trying.

Wow...only 2 gigs of power in the whole country(?)...that's bizarre.

ykh

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
As it's almost 10am in NK there may be power cuts but no blackout.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
thanks ykh.

that wouldn't make sense then if this bit on FOX was current, as in now, perhaps they were just talking about blackouts in general in the country. Some sort of commentary on North Korean problems on a whole?

[edit on 3-30-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
just check on the korean news sites and there is nothing in regards to a blackout.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I don´t know if it has anything to do with this...

Navy Times: U.S., Korea stage mock amphibious assault

March 30, 2006

Hundreds of U.S. and South Korean marines charged ashore from amphibious vehicles on Thursday during annual war games between the allies amid North Korean accusations that the drills are a rehearsal for invasion.

About 25,000 U.S. troops and an undisclosed number of South Korean soldiers are participating in the maneuvers, dubbed RSOI and Foal Eagle, which began Saturday and was to wrap up on Friday.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
I don´t know if it has anything to do with this...

Navy Times: U.S., Korea stage mock amphibious assault

March 30, 2006

Hundreds of U.S. and South Korean marines charged ashore from amphibious vehicles on Thursday during annual war games between the allies amid North Korean accusations that the drills are a rehearsal for invasion.

About 25,000 U.S. troops and an undisclosed number of South Korean soldiers are participating in the maneuvers, dubbed RSOI and Foal Eagle, which began Saturday and was to wrap up on Friday.

Ah now that would make since it is the start of an Invasion

Other then that I also can not find any thiing on a black out over there. Sometimes Fox does tend to jump on things to fast and then presto they are gone the next. My guess is one of the news clerks passed some gas and presto it turned into a black out in NK.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Maybe Kim was scared of a possible invasion and turned off the light? He is hiding in the darkness...

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well, I saw the image on FOX.
North Korea was virtually dark, compared to South Korea. It was eerie to say the least.

As I was multi-tasking, I didn't get the reason, if any was offered.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Maybe Kim was scared of a possible invasion and turned off the light? He is hiding in the darkness...

Guess he never heard of night vision glasses if that is the case

-----------
DTOM

Did you see that image tonight on Fox?

two posts in one to avoid one line response

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

DTOM

Did you see that image tonight on Fox?

two posts in one to avoid one line response

Yes, it was very weird.
It was like the image Gools had above, but a closeup of the Korean peninsula. The South had a normal amount of dots for a densely populated area.
The North was virtually void of dots.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Yes, it was very weird.
It was like the image Gools had above, but a closeup of the Korean peninsula. The South had a normal amount of dots for a densely populated area.
The North was virtually void of dots.

Strange in deed. At least worldwatcher's hubby can sleep well now; knowing he was not seeing or imagining things.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Context

I happened to be watching Fox at the time. I don't know what possessed me to do such a thing, but anyway.

The people from fox had lunch with my homeboy Rummy. Rummy was talking about the Iraq war and other such topics of interest to a Secretary of Defense. Anyway, the fox guy said that Rummy kept some photos in his desk and he pulled out the one with the Korean Peninsula which is the picture you are talking about. Rummy used the picture as a way to show what he thought would happen to Iraq if we just withdrew from there now. The only lights in all North Korea is the capital. One lonely speck of light. But South Korea looks like any populated area of the United States.

Basically, NK has no electricity except for the capital where lil Kim is. Even China outshines poor NK. So no actual blackout except for the constant one that exists there.

Edit again:

This wasn't the exact picture but close.

Found a better one...

With these researching skills I should be working for the Pentagon. =Þ

[edit on 3/30/2006 by Arm Of Geddon]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
thanks for the info Arm. I was still wondering what that whole thing was about and told my hubby to get his facts straight the next time he told me about something he saw on FOX

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join