It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 700 Ton Explosive to Send Mushroom Cloud Over Vegas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Prove your Blabbery

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Well, I'm currently getting my Masters in Meteorology.
Does that count for experience?

Tell me what the CAPE currently is for DVY. You will be able understand and answer that even with only rudimentary entry level met classes.

I can't ever recall hearing that the nukes were seen in Vegas, so why in the world would this one be seen?
You have the ability to peer though miles of mountains?

You have a strange perception about western terrain, science, US history and lack the of knowledge there of:

During the 1950's, the mushroom cloud from these tests could be seen for almost 100 miles in either direction, including the city of Las Vegas, where the tests became tourist attractions. Americans headed for Las Vegas to witness the distant mushroom clouds that could be seen from hotels along the Strip. en.wikipedia.org...

Peer this and use your head
What is the base terrain elevation at NTS? What is the max terrain elevation between Vegas and NTS? What is your observation elevation? What is the v-rise of a 700-ton ANFO explosion? Don't forget to include 8"/mile k-factor.

You can start here at 37° 3′ 5.78″ N 116° 1′ 49.4″ W.

To make it simple for you, you can leave out atmospheric refraction and defraction tangibles, since pw is apt to be low unless the NAM starts early. That is, if you know what the NAM is, and no it's not a model.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This test sounds exciting to me and I feel confident we will have video in the news when it goes off. I don't really see the conspiracy in this test though. The US military often gets excited about big bombs blowing up IMO and informing everyone in advance should avoid some sudden panic as opposed to if a mushroom cloud suddenly appeared unexpectedly near a major US city. The article states the test is needed to model the best case for such a large blast against hardened structures. Computer simulations do need accurate information for best case conditions I believe. This sounds like it is all in the effort to build better bunker busting bombs. Iran might take note of that information though.

Like I said, you can't hide something this big from people. What you can do is tell them you're going to do it but that it's normal. Yes, it's needed to make a good computer model. Let's set off 700 tonnes and have all the sensors ready to go.
In this day and age we live in with so much going on nothing is unrelated to the big picture, including this "experiment."

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I don`t think its an april fool,spacewar.com are covering it too.

Please,if any1 lives near the test site,please film it,and get it on you tube or somewhere like that so we can all watch! Can`t wait!
I feel sorry for pets though,i bet all dogs for a hundred miles will freak

B
M

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Guys do a search. I found this site which does guided tours to Area 51
:lol. Just be cool with bueraucracy and you're in. www.nv.doe.gov...

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aztecatl

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
They would never test a advanced nuclear weapon above ground and publicly. That would be breaking any number of international agreements. Testing nuclear weapons has been banned for years.

There is no treaty preventing you from testing a large amount of convential explosives.

Since when did the USA, or ANYONE for that matter, care about laws and international treatys?

This regime could give a fiddler's fart for any treaties. Ask the Native Americans who's homes and stomping grounds were on those very sites. Ask an ex-Morman of the history that's been re-written of those parts. Ask Gen. Gonzo where the loopholes lie in any inconvenient piece of paper they want to get around---using the rhetoric of war.

Times have changed some though. Ten years ago this explosion would have taken place in Vieques after the materials had been shipped to Puerto Rico. And most Americans would never have known, except for a small blurb on page 18 under international news reporting the locals protesting.

Making preparations, doing tests, to dispel a Yellowstone disaster isn't such a
bad idea IMO. After Katrina and Twin Towers disasters, the regime has some damn good excuses to do whatever they want under the guise of protecting the American people. They'll use the same whitewash on the locals as they will on the rest... instilling fear for the sake of national security.

In the meantime, there will be a certain crowd flocking to Las Vegas to watch this like they did in The Stand.

Whatever trips their trigger, eh?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone else see the connection between this detonation and the Yucca Loma Nuclear Waste facility?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Why isn't this getting ANY play on Abram's Report or Hardball or Countdown with Keith Olberman (sorry for pun)

Have they been told this topic is off limits?? Or have I missed it?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Federation of American Scientists say the ANFO test is for future nuclear weapon development.

Non-Nuc lear Test Will Simulate Nuclear Weapon Strike -fas.org

The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) today confirmed to FAS that the upcoming Divine Strake test widely reported in the media to be a non-nuclear event is in fact a low-yield nuclear weapons calibration simulation against an underground target.

In response to an email earlier today, a DTRA spokesperson confirmed that Divine Strake is the same event that is described in DTRA budget documents as being a low-yield nuclear weapons shock simulation designed to allow the warfighters to fine-tune the yield of nuclear weapons in strikes on underground facilities.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iran to get nuked, news at 5.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

[Alright.
1. This explosive is in no way nuclear. I'm not even sure how that came up.

lol im sorry i just had to do this.

wait what am i talkin about *pulls a ThatsJustWeird face*

well i guess this MIGHT be how it came up, just maybe.... lol

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Federation of American Scientists say the ANFO test is for future nuclear weapon development.

Non-Nuc lear Test Will Simulate Nuclear Weapon Strike -fas.org

The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) today confirmed to FAS that the upcoming Divine Strake test widely reported in the media to be a non-nuclear event is in fact a low-yield nuclear weapons calibration simulation against an underground target.

In response to an email earlier today, a DTRA spokesperson confirmed that Divine Strake is the same event that is described in DTRA budget documents as being a low-yield nuclear weapons shock simulation designed to allow the warfighters to fine-tune the yield of nuclear weapons in strikes on underground facilities.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iran to get nuked, news at 5.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

[Alright.
1. This explosive is in no way nuclear. I'm not even sure how that came up.

lol im sorry i just had to do this.

wait what am i talkin about *pulls a ThatsJustWeird face*

well i guess this MIGHT be how it came up, just maybe.... lol

Did you even read the link grim?
They're testing weapons like this so they won't have to use nukes. Or maybe you can point out in that article where it says they're using a nuke. Please show me grim, because I missed it and you obviously didn't.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
its in no way nuclear? its simulating a nuclear test, so obviously thats "how it even got into this"

its literally simulating a low yield nuclear weapon, so how can you say its "in no way a nuclear weapon" when its purpose is to simulate one?

if it was "in no way a nuclear weapon" then it would "in no way" simulate one.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

its in no way nuclear? its simulating a nuclear test, so obviously thats "how it even got into this"

its literally simulating a low yield nuclear weapon, so how can you say its "in no way a nuclear weapon" when its purpose is to simulate one?

No
You can't possibly be serious.
I refuse to believe you're serious.

I'll ask again and hopefully you'll give me a real answer this time. Show me where it says they're using a nuke or using any thing that relates to nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Cmon...think. They are using a NON-NUCLEAR weopon to SIMULATE a low yeild nuclear weapon...Simulate the explosion, but NOT the radiactice fallout, etc that would acompany a nuke.

SIMULATE:

To have or take on the appearance, form, or sound of; imitate.
To make in imitation of or as a substitute for. See Synonyms at imitate.
To make a pretense of; feign: simulate interest.
To create a representation or model of (a physical system or particular situation, for example).

[edit on 4-4-2006 by sensfan]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
DOD is indeed testing a brand new nuke. Perhaps using element 115 or higher. High power, low radiation. Any other explanation is outright propaganda.

Its okay, some of us want full scale testing to be brought back.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Consider the source of this weapon and their 'supernatural' abilities.

It probably weighs about 700 grams and it would fit in a backpack.

Think about what they have done so far and the sheer power to manipulate influence and supress the truth surrounding the preparations and coverup that took place on 9/11.

I'm just saying this because as history has PROVEN, the information they are providing US with is the farthest thing from the truth than ANY body could possibly imagine.

This weapon probably fits in a 'fanny pack'.

We all know they have to come up with something to beat the suicide bombers!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm new to this forum but have some experience in analysis.

A very useful source on the Divine Strake 700 ton Test explosion is at a GlobalSecuritysite.

The post on my own Spooky Pete blog indicates the US is also developing a 30 ton conventional bunker busting bomb.

Given how deep a 30 ton weapon could penetrate it is possible the US would give it a very low yield nuclear warhead (far less than the 0.3 kiloton weapon already in use). The US would be calculating that the fallout leakage with such a weapon would be minimal - or at least acceptable (to the US that is).

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the link Spooky Pete.

I hope they show video of the test but now I'm not sure. I read that this test will not be the biggest test of 700 tons or 1,400,000 pounds of Ammonium Nitrate (the material that is being detonated) to date. A test back in 1993 involved 1,410 tons of the same material and I don't remember hearing anything about that test.

I also read that the coal mining industry routinely uses several thousand tons of the same material. Perhaps a coal mine explosion is more spread out or deeper underground but I don't know.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thatsjustweird says (of Grimreaper):

No
You can't possibly be serious. I refuse to believe you're serious.

I'll ask again and hopefully you'll give me a real answer this time. Show me where it says they're using a nuke or using any thing that relates to nuclear weapons.

Unfortunately, weird, Grimreaper probably is serious. I am sure that he would accept that a sufficiently advanced version of Microsoft Flight Simulator is a real airplane, because, by his logic, you can't have a simulation without it no longer being a simulation.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I think everyone is concentrating on this "nuclear" issue too much...maybe the PTB wants just that. It has been touched on every so lightly here...the seismic ramifications. That is definately NOT one of the more stable regions on the plate...quite the contrary. I'm not trying to imply that this will cause major earthquakes in the region, but I do think there are safer places to detonate a device that powerful. There is just as much of a chance that earthquakes will occur as opposed to any "nuclear activity"...unless you count whatever radiation is still left in the soil after the previous "tests".

There has been significant seismic activity in the northwest already this year and this may not help matters...or do "they" think it will help relieve seismic stress in the region?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Thiis is the same region that they spent YEARS setting off MUCH more powerful nuclear tests, above AND below ground, with zero seismic effects in the region.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join