It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Found In Pic Taken In Artic Circle?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Good point. Found some information on the plants in arctic....if this helps the discussion.www.saskschools.ca...

I havnt been to the arctic circle hence tough to judge however there are some photograhs with trees which appear to be quite long....link

Not sure how far Alaska is from the arctic cirlce, and hence the location of the photograph taken is quite important....

[Mod edit: fixed size of image link]

[edit on 4/1/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well honestly i see a nice place i would like to spend a weekend with my son! Maybe you guys see something i dont, but i dont see a thing.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
As others have said, its just branches. If you went over a few dozen photos with a fine toothcomb, Im sure youd find some other things that looked weird.

The human brain always tries to make sense of random detail and thats all were seeing here.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The fact that you can't see it just by looking at the original pictures makes me believe it's just like the "ghost on the aquaduct" photo, and simply people seeing things that aren't really there. You enhance the brightness/contrast of something that looks just like the trees around it in the original pic, and it slightly takes on the form of an alien.

I'm wondering how many pictures I have taken hide shapes that slightly resemble aliens and other weird stuff? I dunno.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
why is it EVERY time a alien pic or a spectacular image of a ufo or something shows up on ats it turns out to be faked or photoshoped?

well... i hate to say it.....maybe it's because there really aren't many genuine images worthy of debate. For me the only images that sway from my skeptics stand point are the "on plane" images of which there are a collection on a thread some where on ATS

Tuk

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
it says it is in the artic circle. that can't be correct as the trees (where there are trees) in the artic circle are short and stubby above (north) of the "tree line". those look to be farely tall especialy since there is a rope that gives a size idea hanging in one of the trees.
since there seems to be a problem in stateing the correct area it throws a doubt on the legitimacy of said picture.

I live in Finland, that's next to Sweden (where that pic was apparently taken) in north europe, so i think i know quite well what kind of trees grow in northern sweden, and that picture looks that it could have been taken anywhere on northern europe, including arctic circle on Sweden.

There are other things in picture that don't seem to be right IMO.
There's a house on right corner of picture, and also flag pole in middle of picture.. That means that picture was not taken "50 km from nearest person".

There's also no proof that picture was taken near river, to me that area looks more like field or something. Maybe that "alien" is just a big scarecrow ?

[edit on 1-4-2006 by Tuk]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
www.ufocasebook.com...

looks a little better with contrast

that's not contrast, that's eyes and mouth photoshopped in

Just zoom in on the original picture, you can adjust contrast or brightness all you want it's not gonna show those eyes or the mouth.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Hey! How'd you get a pic of the ATS staff meeting?

Seriously...combo of mistaken foliage, then deliberate manipulation...imho...though Jeff's more of the expert in this arena.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join