It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Found In Pic Taken In Artic Circle?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is very strange but to me just does not look right. See what you think.
This was sent to UFO CASEBOOK by a reader. He enhanced it and did in fact find hiding in the bush what appears to be a non human form.

The only information they have so far is the following quote:

We didn’t really take the picture for the alien, we realized afterwards that it was there. We were over the Arctic Circle, and we were alone, no one within 50 kilometers. We were traveling in a snowmobile. What you see as the main subject of the photograph is an iced over river.

You can find the original pic sent HERE.

They have requested more info from the reader.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by Harry55]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Looks like one of the glow in the dark rubber plastic skeletons you get at Halloween. I'll have to look at home and see if I have any like that shape.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Looks like an optical illusion and is really just a tree on the island. Otherwise the alien must be 20 foot tall or something..

EDIT:

Island? What you on about AgentSmith?

Err.. dunno I meant the clump of trees in the distance..

[edit on 30-3-2006 by AgentSmith]

jra

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That's one damn tall alien, if it really was one. If it was really there I kinda think they would have noticed

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Pffft... you gotta be kidding... that is not an alien. That is nothing more than foreground and background foliage making a VERY BAD shape of a humanoid.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
what prompted them to enlarge that area? pretty freakin random luck that it would be there.

more important, what's with the noose hanging from the tree in the foreground?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think it looks kinda fake personally.

jra

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
more important, what's with the noose hanging from the tree in the foreground?

Probably just a swing of some sort.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What a beautiful photo, but I am reminded once again how the mind can play tricks. So, no, I say no alien.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I agree, looks like an illusion of twigs brush and light. Pretty cool though........

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I didn't see anything at first, then it kind of jumps out at you. I agree though that it is part of the surrounding foliage.

If it is something it has awfully skinny legs.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
My honest opinion is that it seems like foliage to me. Not enough tone variation and depth to see it as anything else, I'm afraid.
To me, this is the "Face on Pine" that the Forest Service will now have to argue against for 10 years.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I've had my crack team of experts working on this one.
Upon closer examination, they are convinced he's one of their own.

[edit on 31-3-2006 by nullster]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
nullster, can you send me one of those little aliens? they rock
i'd sleep with it like a teddy bear

all kidding aside, i've seen worse pictures, does quite look like a halloween skelleton, I mean, do greys have eyes you can see through or what?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Wow... talk about weird brush formation.

Anyways I've looked over it closely.
The arm on the left is part of the branch thats going across the enlarged portition of the image.
The 'leg' is a bit of brush coming up. (Look in the full image at the brush around the picture.)
Now finally for the 'body' seems like a branch thats damaged and lying at an angle on the tree itself.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
black black and oh wow more black
one liner policy.
I know.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
www.ufocasebook.com...

looks a little better with contrast

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
There appears to be something.....We can definately see a head, eyes, looks like a mouth, hands and legs, shoulders..could not be a tree which had grown into a human...

The question however is, if we look at an original photograph, i could say it was nothing more than a beautiful photograph of nature....what promoted those who captured this image to enhance it?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
it says it is in the artic circle. that can't be correct as the trees (where there are trees) in the artic circle are short and stubby above (north) of the "tree line". those look to be farely tall especialy since there is a rope that gives a size idea hanging in one of the trees.
since there seems to be a problem in stateing the correct area it throws a doubt on the legitimacy of said picture.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
alien pic! dont jerk my chain, that looks like a guy taking a piss behind a tree. why is it EVERY time a alien pic or a spectacular image of a ufo or something shows up on ats it turns out to be faked or photoshoped?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join