It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned B-17 and Cancer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Byrd, wasn't Coretta Scott King at a clinic and died before any treatment?.
I thought I read that recently, maybe here at ATS.
I also feel the same way as Godservant does, most anything will kill you if you overdo it. Some things like laetrile or quinine just need a little more attention if you're willingly ingesting it.
Ingestion of tobacco (eating it) can kill you in quite small amounts. Aspirin can screw you up if you take too much.
I quit my blood thinner pills 2 years ago because of the massive side effects, I now take 2 Ginko Biloba capsules every morning and get the same blood thinning effect without the side effects. Modern medicine isn't always the right answer. In a lot of cases it is though, gotta think about it carefully.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I remember a while ago a man came into my dads work and was telling him how he beat cancer by eating powdered apricot seeds ( among other things Im assuming). At the time we all had a good laugh about it but hey...something to think about

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuzzyMcSlash
I remember a while ago a man came into my dads work and was telling him how he beat cancer by eating powdered apricot seeds ( among other things Im assuming). At the time we all had a good laugh about it but hey...something to think about

I think he was right. Look into it for yourself.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hi everyone my name is Adrian and i just joined this forum.
I have been following the Vitamin B story for 4 years now and have been posting in forums around the internet.
One forum that i posted in brought out a highly aggresive response from almost everyone responding.
The only really positive response i got came by way of email
That gives you an idea of how hostile the thread was when somebody who agrees dare not let their friends know.

Well something tells me that its going to be different here. Hey if anyone would like to follow that thread i can give a link but i have to ask if thats ok first.
Is it ?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Sure its ok. I dont see why it wouldnt. Post away my friend.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexigon_5
Hey if anyone would like to follow that thread i can give a link

I'd like to read it please.

Important Video on B17:

A World Without Cancer - The Story of Vitamin B17

"This story is not approved by orthodox medicine. The FDA, the AMA, and The American Cancer Society have labeled it fraud and quackery. Yet the evidence is clear that here, at last, is the final answer to the cancer riddle."

Links:

B17 Info 1

B17 Info 2

B17 Info 3

B17 Info 4

B17 Info 5 (Directions how to properly use/intake B17

Google B17+Cancer for more links.

World Without Cancer

If you know anyone who has just recently been diagnosed with cancer, you may try to suggest B17 to them.

If you want to stay cancer free for life as prevention, you need a minimum of 100mg of B17 a day (about seven apricot seeds)

They sell B17 here (from Apricots):

Purchase B17 1

Purchase B17 2

How B17 Works

Why are Laetrile and many other substances used in alternative-cancer therapy not readily available in the U.S.?

Cured of Cancer

"In September 2003 Felicity Corbin-Wheeler was given between five weeks and six months to live with pancreatic cancer. Now fully recovered, she attributes her cure to vitamin B17 and her Christian faith. Michelle Moffat went to meet her."

FDA vs. Jason - and vitamin B17

"New York - on Monday 14 July, the FDA instigated action against former arm-wrestling champion Jason Vale for selling apricot seeds and telling his story of how he got cured of cancer will have its day in court."

Battle with the FDA

The Jason Vale Defense Fund

More...

It's definitely worth your time and money if it has the chance to save a life!

Spread the word!

[edit on 26-4-2006 by eudaimonia]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok here is the site i mentioned earlier that i had all that opposition

cellar.org...

I am using the name rtexannsane in those forums.
Some of the arguments against me are quite valid and i have had to review my opinions on Laetrile in order to make way for other valid altenative treatments which may actually be better for stage 4 cancer patients.
However. I think that they will find that the FDA has had much the same attitude to all alternative cancer therapy.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
One of the reasons that i was not received favourably is because i did not with my original post give any links like you guys do. A mistake i had to quickly rectify as the thread went on.
On reflection it was an immature post so i am still learning.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
My girlfriends mom has pancreatic cancer and Im going to tell her about this. She was diagnosed in october I believe, and was given 6 months to live. However she did radiation treatment for a few weeks and it shrunk in half, which that is a miracle in itself. Pancreatic is one of the more aggressive and deadly cancers with a low survival rate. Well they couldnt go in and remove it because it was too close to something and was very risky. Then they put her on chemotherapy and it has shrunk some more but she has gotten sick from it several times with internal bleeding. She has had to be readmitted to the hospital a few times since she started it. I beleive she only has a week or two left with the treatment. She is at a very good hospital though (University of Alabama-Birmingham...UAB).

The reason Im telling this is Im wondering if there is any reason I shouldnt tell her. I saw a few sites saying it was toxic. I dont want to tell her about this and it be my responsibilty if something bad were to happen.

I need some feedback guys....Please.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
certainly refer her to this site here

www.cancertutor.com...

Do not assume that Laetrile is the best treatment for her situation. Remember that even the advocates of laetrile reguard Vitamin B17 as the key to preventing cancer
and that Metabolic therapy is a comined nutritional protocol that includes Pancreatic enzymes, vitamin A (emulsified form to bypass the liver to avoid the toxic effect of high dosage) Vitamin C and in some cases Shark cartlidge.

So when it comes to alternative cancer THERAPY it is much more complex than a simple cure all molecule.

You can read more about one of these metabolic therapy protocols here.

www.worldwithoutcancer.org.uk...

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KidOK

The reason Im telling this is Im wondering if there is any reason I shouldnt tell her. I saw a few sites saying it was toxic. I dont want to tell her about this and it be my responsibilty if something bad were to happen.

I need some feedback guys....Please.

Don't just tell about a single alternative therapy, find as many as possible, and don't forget that there is no guarantee whatsoever, so best recommend something harmless, stuff which may not work but isn't detrimental.

Laetrile is unfortunately toxic, sure, cancer cells are hit hard, but the remains need to be absorbed, along with the toxins... On top of that, attacking cancer cells may aggravate the issue, because any living thing under stress reacts one way or the other. I will list a few threads concering alt. cancer treatment but never forget, that these are essentially underground methods, odds are people you may get in contact with are not well versed or outright quacks looking for a quick buck.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is a famous example of misapplication (on purpose or not), 714X is certainly harmless, but it's hard to apply (injected into a lymph node) which is why it failed testing in rats, and got banned in the US. no reliable data on effectiveness, though, and a tad hard to get hold of.

the next is just a glimpse of what's there

energy based treatments are not new by any standards, unfortunately the need for sophisticated equipment and a skilled operator make them notoriously unreliable.

variation: sound

there are of course tons of nutritional guides and herbal remedies in the widest sense. minerals, vitamins and so on belong into the same category, some of them (fat soluble) can be overdosed, same for minerals, so i advise common sense when dealing with supplements.

example: www.lewrockwell.com...

PS: beware of snake-oil, there is no established market for these things, so product quality may vary from 'excellent' to 'compressed dirt'. hope this helped a bit, if you have questions, post or use u2u. either way, try to confirm anything you run across. (including this post)

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
G. Edward Griffin - A World Without Cancer - The Story Of Vitamin B17

Hoxsey - How Healing Becomes A Crime. alt. cancer cure

Alternative Cancer Therapies Collection

This stuff is incredibly convincing (except for an implied 100% success rate for laetrile). You don't even have to be someone like me who appears to be cured of a supposedly uncurable disease to see the corruption known as big pharma.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by godservant

Hi - Read all posts here and it seems that there is still some doubt out there that vitamin B17 aka laetrile does offer some benefits in the successful treatment of all types of cancer. If one looks as the body of evidence that has been built up over the last 40 years, the final conclusion is that YES raw apricot seeds and vitamin b17 does can push a cancer issue into full remission. Cancer is never totally cured. Some people respond to b17 right away, other don't. They need more help with immune system boosters like cat's claw. AHCC, etc.

Everyone on the planet has cancer. Those with a strong immune system keeps the body cancer-free, as the immune system has enough NK (natural killer) cells to destroy cancerous cells before they spread.

Ask Joni Bell (www.askjonibell) is a good site where anyone can ask questions. He has a forum also plus a Mail Bag where questions are answered on a regular basis.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I asked a worker at a pharmacy if they had B-17 in stock, and she walked around to the vitamins and said, "we have B-12"

I thought it was ironic that not many know about it and I found doctors do not want to discuss B-17, or the Chemo-drug provider that was diluting the stuff because of greed and effected unknown people and was convicted.

I asked about that guy when my woman was in for chemo and the lid was broken on the bag. They took it away and brought it back saying it was checked and not a problem.

That's when I brought up the Canadien pharmacist thing, and she couldn't change the subject fast enough. She did however, acknowledge she was aware of the case.

Apple seeds because raw apricot seeds are a no no.

Also DCA. University of Alberta was researching it's effectiveness.
www.expressnews.ualberta.ca...
www.depmed.ualberta.ca...
Last year on Sept 24, 2007 they posted a PDF update.
and that was it. there was supposed to be an update on clinical tests two weeks later. I checked periodically but nothing. Then, after checking it for cancer info to add to this thread, there was finally a letter posted just last week. two weeks? more like a year and two weeks.
Another one that the big pharma can't make $$ on, so they won't back the research. All by private donation. See how long it is taking?

[edit on 12-10-2008 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

my edit didnt work
check out these 11 gerson videos here

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

You know, it's strange, but I distinctly remember posting this information in response to you before. Must just be deja vu, because I'm sure you wouldn't keep posting debunked information.

Go to pubmed.gov and search for "DCA cancer treatment". You will find many studies, with both good and bad results.

Or go to clinicaltrials.gov if you wish to participate in such trials and have a solid-tumor cancer.

Here's one of the more recent papers:
Dichloroacetate (DCA) as a potential metabolic-targeting therapy for cancer.

Laetrile looks much less promising, but the medical establishment is willing to take a look:

Review article on laetrile for cancer

The reason cyanide is so incredibly poisonous is that a key protein in cellular metabolism can't recognize the difference between cyanide (CN) and oxygen (O2). Cyanide binds to this protein and disrupts energy production in the cell.

EDIT: and as for the pharmacist not knowing what "Vitamin B17" is or being able to find it, that's probably because, as Byrd pointed out way back when this thread was started, rather than drudged up from the dregs of the ATS archives, There Is No Such Thing As B17. Laetrile is not a vitamin.

EDIT AGAIN: Ah yes, I found the other thread. Here was your post about how studies of DCA had been halted, and three posts later is my information. I know you will be pleased to hear again that progress is being made on this promising front.

[edit on 10/12/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
At this point, knowing what a know via research into Big Pharma/Big Chema, I will never consider information concerning health, found on a .gov site.

I've spent a lot of time reviewing all of G E Griffin's work with laetrile as well as hundreds of hours on the Hoxsey treatment.

I can say without a doubt, if (when) I get cancer, chemo/radiation is the last thing I'd undertake. I'm 100% convinced that is not the way to go.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by godservant

As far as safety goes, how many people die each year from taking perscripton medications?

I also agree with your statement about research. It takes money to do research and I bet many studies are done because they want to make a profit, not cure you.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Edward Griffin on the B17 Conspiracy :

video.google.fr...

Anyone interested in alternative, though strictly "medical", cancer preventing therapies, should also google (and try to find in english something about) Le Docteur Gernez, french man who had been told by french minister and officials that his proved efficient cancer-cure (at least as a chemo-preventive protocol, a rather complex one you can do at home but needs as such to be strictyly followed) was... of no use as too many cancer-patient also healed would not be manageable by gov' (around the early 70's).

Cheers.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Rigel]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
another "miracle"
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join