It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Girl Tells Of Massacre By US Marines

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
You know, you should be VERY careful about calling IEDs a cowardly way of killing.

Especially when talking in a discussion about a country that has the ability to throw guided missles that can travel hundreds of miles to kill a target around like confetti.

I promise you: cruise missles and high altitude bombers are viewed by the Coalition's enemies as just as cowardly.

Udder hogwash. They are modern weapons of war there is nothing cowardly about them whatsoever and virtually every country uses them in one form or another and yes even the insurgents use surface to air missiles.

See what hypocrites they are?

----

Now back on topic. I mentioned in another thread discussing this very subject that there is a very easy solution to this. Simply exhume the bodies and examine them to see if there are in fact bullet holes in the body. If there are none the case is solved it is that simple. My guess is the family would refuse to have the bodies exhumed for an autopsy because that would prove they are and have been lying all alone.

[edit on 3/31/2006 by shots]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Udder hogwash. They are modern weapons of war there is nothing cowardly about them whatsoever and virtually every country uses them in one form or another and yes even the insurgents use surface to air missiles.

See what hypocrites they are?

Ah, so by that statement are you implying that technological resources make the notion of cowardice an irrelevance? As Xphiles pointed out (quite astutely
), this is war. In war, you make do with what you have for weapons. My point was that you may view the Insurgent's methods as cowardly, but they view some guy a hundred miles away pushing buttons to fire long range missles as cowardly. Both sides are using the methods that they know.

And so? Does that make both the Insurgency and the Coalition cowards?

And as for SAMs being used by the Coalitions enemies.... you don't say.....

My guess is the family would refuse to have the bodies exhumed for an autopsy because that would prove they are and have been lying all alone.

Or has it occured to you that the bodies were already examined prior to burial? I am not saying that is the case, but have you considered that?

To be honest shots, I don't know why you are bothering here, because it seems you are desperate to bury this. It would appear that yourself and a few other posters here would be perfectly happy to see a child's innocent family murdered by soldiers 'blowing off steam', and allow the culprits go free. You assume they lie, because of course, EVERYONE hates the West in Iraq don't they?

But hey, congratulations.... another Iraqi child will grow up seeing the West as an enemy, which I am sure would suit certain people just fine. Something you guys cannot quite grasp about this and other wars: hate breeds hate.

[edit on 31-3-2006 by Daystar]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Good find.

Things like this do happen in war. Which is why war is bad, and why we have Geneva Conventions. The US however is on record as disrespecting and disregarding the Geneva Conventions at an official level. I certainly hope the grunts aren't scapegoated for getting with the program.

Since when have the Iraqi's /Syrians/Iranians followed the Geneva Convention? I for one cannot say i have ever seen any evidence that they even acknowledge it.
Whats good for one is good for another, unless it amounts to the Geneva Convention. Then it it is down to just that. Unless fair play is involved, then the other side is always going to cite the Convention.

This smacks of hypocrisy in the extreme.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yah I agree with other posters here, the facts went out the window months ago. This little girl could quite easily be coerced into giving misleading statements. I think it's obvious there are definately agendas being served with this story - true or not.

As for insurgents, they use IED's in a cowardly way, they're not that stupid to stand up and fight. Shame they like to devote so much effort into killing their own people.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The US govt. originally said that the civilians who were murdered died from the IED explosion.

So, clearly, the US/Coalition of the Killing lies to protect it's sacred image and perpetuate the "liberation" Machiavellian justification for mass murdering Iraqi's(haji's), market colonialism, debt slavery and ripping Iraq and it's resources open to foreign control.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

To be honest shots, I don't know why you are bothering here, because it seems you are desperate to bury this.

I am not desperate to bury this at all. I am simply questioning why on earth it took this so called/alleged student journalist so long to come forward with the tape?

I do not know where you come from but one of the first thing a cub reporter does here is beg to have his editor accept his story which was not the case here; that makes me doubt if it is in fact what he/she/they are claiming.

Also where are all the other witnesses? Kind of makes one go HMMMM

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

To be honest shots, I don't know why you are bothering here, because it seems you are desperate to bury this.

I am not desperate to bury this at all. I am simply questioning why on earth it took this so called/alleged student journalist so long to come forward with the tape?

I do not know where you come from but one of the first thing a cub reporter does here is beg to have his editor accept his story which was not the case here; that makes me doubt if it is in fact what he/she/they are claiming.

Also where are all the other witnesses? Kind of makes one go HMMMM

So you believe the US version of events, the people who were killed died in the IED explosion?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Also where are all the other witnesses?

Here they are...

The story is being told by more than the little girl.

According to eyewitnesses and local officials interviewed over the past 10 weeks, the civilians who died in Haditha on Nov. 19 were killed not by a roadside bomb but by the Marines themselves, who went on a rampage in the village after the attack, killing 15 unarmed Iraqis in their homes, including seven women and three children.
According to military officials, the inquiry acknowledged that, contrary to the military's initial report, the 15 civilians killed on Nov. 19 died at the hands of the Marines, not the insurgents.
"The Americans gathered my four brothers and took them inside my father's bedroom, to a closet. They killed them inside the closet."

Time

[edit on 31-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pRoPhEcY
The US govt. originally said that the civilians who were murdered died from the IED explosion.

So, clearly, the US/Coalition of the Killing lies to protect it's sacred image and perpetuate the "liberation" Machiavellian justification for mass murdering Iraqi's(haji's), market colonialism, debt slavery and ripping Iraq and it's resources open to foreign control.

Notice the people who say the story is BS ignore the already-proven LIE that the Pentagon 1st put out. But hey, it's war, we gotta bring them freedom!

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I wonder if the "coalition of killing" is so much worse than the "resistance fighters for freedom" I mean hey, the coalition are the murderers using bombs, bullets and lies to win the war...right?

They are the "only" bad people in iraq right now afterall and they started the mess so its only right that we tell one side.....after all the other side is just propaganda....right?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pRoPhEcY
So you believe the US version of events, the people who were killed died in the IED explosion?

In every single link it states that that was cleared up.
So what in the world are you talking about? The US version is that they were shot.

It's the how they were shot that's being disputed.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
There are all sorts of inconsistencies in the stories which have come out. ONe of which was that, 4 men from the same family were put in a wardrobe and shot to death. However as it turns out the wardrobe could barely fit one person in it. So seems someone else is lying and embelleshing the story

Interesting tthat some people on here believe that the US miilitary lies about everything whilst no one else can do anything wrong - even in the face of contrary fact. The burden of evidence cuts both ways people

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The Geneva convention of which US was a part of is quite surprising enough to see that the US is not complying by. It is part of the UN Security council and I think should be a role model in such a situation for the rest of the world community. Instead it is quite interesting to notice that it is otherwise.
www.un.org...

The world if it does, look up to the superpower of the world, does not comply with regulations to which they were willing to follow and clearly fail to comply, what will we expect from the rest of the world. Quite interesting to notice, how contradicting statements are made by the white house about denials and how with pressure they have to change statements. I thought humans learns from their mistakes and improve however the white house i guess has become used to this sort of creditibility. Good on them, atleast we know how much we can rely on their statement and believe the worst and they will join the band wagan of claims made to be accurate.

Found an interesting article which I guess, sheds some more light on George Bush and his ideas...

www.irregulartimes.com...

I do realise that there is good being done however compared to the bad which is being outweighed, there is a lot to be done, to give back good times to a country that has been torn by wars.
Regarding the killing of the marine/marines my sympathy to the soldiers and their family and the thousands who will be killed because of this war however they were followers bound by orders. No country would like or prefer to have presence of outsiders in their mother land and what has happened is but a natural cause of retailiation. I feel sorry for those innocent victims bleeding on their born soil. For those soldiers who killed the innocent victims, no sympathy at all. They should know better as they were there as soldiers and they have had to go through hard training to be what they are and they should have known the consequences of their actions. Highest punishment to those who perpetuated such a crime.

Hope peace prevails, but then where will the government get millions of dollars on arm deals.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The military haters on this site make me sick. They sit here in warmth and comfort and armchair quarterback the people who keep them safe from terrorist. The fog of war is real, the fog of cowardly hindsight is worse. When islamo-terror comes to YOUR door..........I hope the Marines laugh in your face.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
themopolis my friend, isnt this a war of words?

Defintion of War

May it be a war against crime or may it be against an unjust law or may it be against oppression, dnt we fight and struggle everyday to survive?

The passion for the marines is absolutely admirable. No questions on their abilities however the conduct in which they have carried out their task is one which will go down in history as those which are better not to be remembered. These guys are trained in the art of warfare and they should know better about the equipments they use to wage these fights change the lifes on whom they have been turned onto.

I agree with you, the war is real and the highsight of cowardly highsight cannot be a more appropriate statement passed by yourself. So if i understand you correctly, it is bravery to shoot unarmed and or innocent civilians. If that is the case, i think, ill prefer to be a coward, atleast I dont have the deaths of any innocents on my concious. Or is bravery to tortune, POW and treat them as Dogs and take photographs for self pleasure an act of bravery? Where is it written about such treatment during engagment of any war? I hope you ll not use the line that this is part of any war?

About Islamo terror, there were extremist in the chronciles of history. Turn some pages around and youll be able to recollect the acts of hitler and the execution of Jews? What about the ideas of KKK, are and were they not extremist ideas?

It is more about changing their mind and their philosophy. Each and every man has a weakness, they dnt deserve to die because of their weakness. Their thoughts need to be changed and so must the world do for Islam. The are born in this modern world with a mind as advanced and yourself and mine. It is the exposure of information and knowledge is what makes us understand the disasterous situation of wars. Has anyone taken a step to understand the problems that they face and try to work along with them to resolve the issues that they face? We do understand that they have a rigid religious system but arnt there ways we can find to solve problems rather than killing them. The point about killing innocent civilians is what brings pains.

In an alien country, killing innocent people and unhumane treatment is but an act of total cowardness. I am sure you would give the same reception if you were threatened by an alien power.

So at the end while you sit here in warmth and comfort and armchair quarterback the people who keep you safe from terrorist are commiting these acts if deemed correct by yourself is nothing more than the words used by yourself, 'brave warriors displaying acts of cowardness'

Peace and wish you gluck

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
There are all sorts of inconsistencies in the stories which have come out. ONe of which was that, 4 men from the same family were put in a wardrobe and shot to death. However as it turns out the wardrobe could barely fit one person in it. So seems someone else is lying and embelleshing the story

glad you caught that one also

There are far too many inconsistencies here, the closet is a very good example since four men could not fit in it, yet the eye (cough) witnesses claim they did.

Another example would be the fact it took the journalist who allegedly shot the pictures the next day approx two months to get the video shown on TV. Any fool knows al jazeera would have jumped on it in a heart beat but that was not the case.

My guess is the reason for the delay is they had have time to write a script for the kid

[edit on 4/1/2006 by shots]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Also where are all the other witnesses?

Here they are...

The story is being told by more than the little girl.

Yes now they are. What I want to know is where were they when this took place? Kindly note the story is dated in March not in November when it happened. Just like the journalist they only came out of the woodwork months later, why is that?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
I wonder if the "coalition of killing" is so much worse than the "resistance fighters for freedom" I mean hey, the coalition are the murderers using bombs, bullets and lies to win the war...right?

They are the "only" bad people in iraq right now afterall and they started the mess so its only right that we tell one side.....after all the other side is just propaganda....right?

Read this;

US NO VASELINE FOR IRAQI'S

Let us know when you are finished.

Then we can discuss your Great Stuttering Drunken Fool Leader The Filthy Murdering Dog Bush and his "liberation."

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
The military haters on this site make me sick. They sit here in warmth and comfort and armchair quarterback the people who keep them safe from terrorist. The fog of war is real, the fog of cowardly hindsight is worse. When islamo-terror comes to YOUR door..........I hope the Marines laugh in your face.

The "terrorists" in Iraq, is that what you mean?

When the Judeo-Christian-White Phosphorous MK77 Depleted Uranium Toxic Dust Death Cloud Stormtrooper Wire Monsters come to YOUR door, be sure and "greet them as liberators".

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis

Im not gonna fight a war for the benefit of the rich.

Remember thermopolis the ones who started this war is the same who benefits of it!

First we have to make a REAL investigation about 911?

And

As far as I remember the war in iraq was about A-Bombs and not terrorists

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join