It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen charged with felony for e-mails threatening Bush

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Perhaps he threatened to beat Bush at Golf, we are not told.
I think the kid is doing what many adults would like to be doing, but fearing being shot or locked up they don't.
Maybe the kid is smarter than we think he is.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This kid probably hates Bush because Bush has lied to the world to wage war on Iraq, which has been a bloodbath.

He is only following the Bush example that force is okay to solve problems.

There are a lot of angry people who would say give the kid a medal. There are even probably millions of Americans who think Bush was behind 9/11.

This is the problem. Bush is the most hated USA President in history. Probably the most hated man worldwide if you look at polls. And even kids hate his guts.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Exactly everyone HATES Bush. And I don't blame them one bit. I totally understand how that boy feels.

Mod Note: One Line Response – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Poor kid, he was just trying to make a point...and now he has been branded as a terrorist.I'm sure if the prez said that to someone else it would be for just cause.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Alot of people seem to be skipping over Sofi's contribution to this thread. Review these links:

Threats now called vague

Police: Teen made no direct threat against president

Teen's e-mails 'veiled threat'

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The president isn't even involved in this. This is strictly a Secret Service gig, and a more humourless bunch you will never run across. This kid is in a lot of trouble, and deservedly so. So he made vague threats against his school? After Columbine, you think the powers that be aren't going to react strongly?

It seems plain that this kid isn't the brightest bulb in the lamp. That sort of Email sent out, and to the White House? Stupid seems a fairly inadiquet word to use.

Caning. Nope, not PC. Just a time out, yeah, that's the ticket.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The way of the brave New World...

It's against the law to threaten the life of the President. If the kid had walked down the street and robbed the corner market, shouldn't he be charged with armed robbery or let him go because he's only 13?

The secret service or FBI would be the ones deciding to arrest the kid, not the President. I'd bet the President had no idea the kid or letter even existed. By insinuating the President had some sort of personal involvement in this is like saying Clinton ordered an FBI agent to shoot a mother while she was holding her baby at Ruby Ridge.

He's only been arrested and charged so far. I bet like most any other case, he will be pled down to a misdemeanor of some sort and probably sentenced to therapy which is probably what he needs. What kid goes through the trouble of writing threatening letters to the President and sending them to the Mayor and Pentagon? Kid has issues and is most likely the reason he was arrested.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He DID NOT threaten the president!

A 13-year-old boy initially accused by police of threatening President Bush in an e-mail did not directly threaten the president, a police captain said.

The middle school student was charged with threatening a school in an e-mail that also was sent to the White House.

Source

So much for responsible reporting. The other link made it sound like the kid was arrested for threatening the President and this one says he may have or kind of threatened somebody near or around his home state kind of.

I still suspect therapy will be his sentence if any.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If you ask me the kid should be thrown in Juvenile detention anyways.
I was locked up as a teen for breaking the lawand it really sucks. What bothers me was that there was a group of children 8-10 year olds from a nearby housing projects that were arrested for jumping another boy and stealing his bike.

I am sure the Columbine kids made many vague threats until the day they actually acted upon them. So yea send the kid for 21 days. Show him how fun it is to sleep on a slab and choosing between using your sheet for a mattress cover or body cover, without even having a pillow. Nothing to read, having to call the gaurd to have him flush your toilet.

Once he goes through that he will understand there is nothing funny or entertaining about making any kidn of vague threats.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Even if the boy planned on actually trying to make good on the threat he would stand about 0 chance of success to do harm to Bush. Hes a 13 year old for goodness sake, he probably can't shoot a gun straight let alone finance anything close to an opeartion to harm someone with the level of protection Bush has. This is nothing more than a huge distraction and waste of money and man-hours to go after this kid, we have bigger fish that need frying

I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. I think a 13 year old is very capable of that given he knows what he is doing. BTW, it's not hard to shoot a gun considering in Middle Eastern countries kids younger than 10 are well aware of how to use guns and prepared to fight. But that's beside the point, this is just sending out a negative image for Bush; he should release the boy from any charges, especially felony...I agree with the person that said a good grounding is all this boy needs. Sure, Presidential security is important, but not to be made into an excuse to arrest anyone who stands against the President.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by Omniscient]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by jsobecky
If he had known it was illegal, he would have known he would be caught.

from BH
Not necessarily. People knowingly do illegal things all the time, thinking they won't get caught.

from js
So he went ahead and did it, because he knew that we only catch people that do illegal things, not wrong things?

from BH
I can see why you're puzzled, as that logic makes no sense to me whatsoever. But then, I didn't say that at all.
But people don't get arrested for doing wrong things. Only if they're illegal.

Oh, I must've incorrectly interpreted what you wrote . Let's see:

Of course he knew it was wrong to threaten other people, but I doubt he knew it was illegal. If he did, he would have known he would get caught.

Nope, don't think so.

originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Alot of people seem to be skipping over Sofi's contribution to this thread. Review these links:

Exactly.
And if you do, you will discover that:

Florence Police Capt. Linny Cloyd said Wednesday the student did not make a direct threat against President Bush in advance of his visit to Great American Ball Park on Monday.

That was a clarification to a press release Cloyd had e-mailed reporters on Tuesday that said the teen was being investigated for making threats against Bush, in addition to the city of Florence and a "very veiled threat toward a school in general."

and that

The teen is charged with terroristic threatening in Boone District Court for the threat against a school, Cloyd said Wednesday.

and further, that

Boone County Attorney J.R. Schrand, whose office prosecutes juveniles, said the teen could face time in detention if convicted. He said the amount of time would depend on whether the child had a previous record and what rehabilitation programs the state had available. The maximum time the child could serve would be until his 18th birthday, a step rarely taken in Boone County.
:
Blavatt could send the student back to school on probation, put him in alternative school or expel him. An expulsion needs the board of education's approval at a special meeting.

It sounds like the punishments being considered are all reasonable.

What I personally learned from all this is that this would have been just an average, six-response thread if the original article was not so misleading! The media will do anything to scoop a story, even to the point of shoddy investigations.:shk:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
Exactly everyone HATES Bush. And I don't blame them one bit. I totally understand how that boy feels.

Not true, I love President Bush. He is a great President and will go down as one of the best our nation has ever had. He is a real leader not just a political zombie.

-- Boat

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
That’s not the point, I don’t care how unrealistic a given situation might be, if you break a law you are subject to the consequences as this kid is finding out.
[edit on 30-3-2006 by WestPoint23]

I don't mean to derail this thread, but...

Break a law and suffer the consequences? Please. Does the ILLEGAL immigration situation mean anything to you?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

Originally posted by ProudCanadian

Not true, I love President Bush. He is a great President and will go down as one of the best our nation has ever had. He is a real leader not just a political zombie.

-- Boat

Do you associate George Bush with your daddy? (sort of an inside joke there) You LOVE the guy? He's GREAT? What you just said is even funnier than your sig! Ok, ok, enough derailing...

[edit on 31-3-2006 by truthseeka]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If the kid is only 13 years old, I see no threat to the President. Now, if he had a strong juvinile criminal background, I'd take it seriously. Oh well, shows how messed up the government is.

-Shadow

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Skip ahead a few years. This kid will have trouble getting into university, getting a job, etc because he made veiled threats to the "Almighty Bush" and others. I love the states. Isn't something like 1% of your country incarcerated. Maybe FEMA had to build all those detention centers not for the supposed upcoming NWO takeover but to put away all those troublesome potheads and teens that listen to rock and roll and have pre-marital sex and the gays and blacks(oh wait isn't it mostly blacks in jail now). Your country seems to over react to everything.

It's like after the Columbine shootings where all these things were brought up in the media that were apparently the cause of why so many things were going wrong with the children. Look at the supposed role models today. CEO's ripping people off, the sacred government is as corrupt as any mob boss. The list goes on. The Onus is on the parents to "GUIDE" that's right say it with me "GUIDE" their children and teach them to make proper decisions and think things through before taking action.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I'll bet that that kid would be just thrilled to death if he were to read this thread, and see how many people are discussing his letter. I'm sure that this attention alone would more than appease him.

Just couldn't help but stick my 2 cents in....

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
Skip ahead a few years. This kid will have trouble getting into university, getting a job, etc because he made veiled threats to the "Almighty Bush" and others.

I doubt he'll have any trouble getting into "university". They are bastions of liberalism; hell, we even have an ex-Talabani spokesman attending Yale University.

I suppose in Canada you would just accept this as normal kid behavior.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I agree with "Benevolent Heretic".
If any person was to lie about anything, yes it is wrong. But it becomes a legal matter if the lie was in court after the person was sworn in, lie to the police ect. My point is the difference between something being illegal, or simply wrong

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
When the threats were first made the authorities had no idea it was a 13 year old kid. What are they supposed when they find out, oh nevermind, let's go home...it's only a kid.

Imo, the felony charge is going too far, but the teen definately deserves a couple weeks jail time and a few hours of community service. He knew sending threatning emails was wrong, ignorance is not an excuse for criminal behavior

www.msnbc.msn.com...
Although police said it appears the teen also made a very veiled threat toward a school in general, "the threat in no way implied any action directed toward the students or faculty at Ockerman Middle School," according to a news release.

Claggett sent home a letter to parents explaining the situation. The teen has been removed from the school.

The kid should not be removed from school, he had no intentions of harming anyone and obviously he's not a threat to the school. Seriously people, remember back when you were in school, how many times have you said or heard someone say I'm gonna kick your arse or something like that....probably quit a few times.

[edit on 31/3/2006 by SportyMB]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join