It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Council sets a 30 day deadline

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

And where is the proof that Iran is building weapons?? I've only heard Bush Admin repeat it over and over again. Seems I heard this one before about another country. "THey have WMD's, there is no doubt about it". I'm still waiting to see those ones. I'm not supporting Iran but as the saying goes "what's good for the goose is good for the gander". Apply the rules evenly and fairly to all countries.

Bush hasn't said Iran has nuclear weapons. You should try to read the news more carefully. They might use their enriched uranium to develop a nuclear weapon.

Yeah right, apply these rules evenly and fairly... So if Bin Laden would have been president of Afghanistan, we just should have said: ''well, who cares, let him develop a nuclear missle, he's no treat to us''

Bush won't use a nuclear missle first on Iran or whatever country. Giving dangerous lunatics power isn't something we should allow.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Israel will react...
www.cbc.ca...
I hope they have the earthquake-jenny fired up...
Can somebody plug-in some "May-ish" anti-Iluminati-crypto to the quakes and maybe the '03 power failure?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

And where is the proof that Iran is building weapons?? I've only heard Bush Admin repeat it over and over again. Seems I heard this one before about another country. "THey have WMD's, there is no doubt about it". I'm still waiting to see those ones. I'm not supporting Iran but as the saying goes "what's good for the goose is good for the gander". Apply the rules evenly and fairly to all countries.

Bush hasn't said Iran has nuclear weapons. You should try to read the news more carefully. They might use their enriched uranium to develop a nuclear weapon.

Yeah right, apply these rules evenly and fairly... So if Bin Laden would have been president of Afghanistan, we just should have said: ''well, who cares, let him develop a nuclear missle, he's no treat to us''

Bush won't use a nuclear missle first on Iran or whatever country. Giving dangerous lunatics power isn't something we should allow.

I never said Iran had them, all I meant by that was that you guys seem to believe everything you are told by the Admin. And as for your comment on giving dangerous lunatics power, your country voted the Bush admin in for a second term. Now that is giving a dangerous lunatic unfeterred power. Look at what he's done to your country. One of the most, if not the most corrupt administrations in US history. And once again for the record as I've stated in other posts, why should every other country in the world bend to US demands when the US is unwilling to see other countries point of view. As someone once quoted "with great power comes great responsibility".

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

In all reality there is not one government in the Middle East that should have access to WMD's whatsoever , wether they be westernized, democratized or whatever. None of them have proven any sort of sanity.
Besides which who is to say that an Israeli leader could not turn out to be as bad as Osama Bin Laden with an itchy trigger finger? I say its either an open field and anyone who aquires the technology can have it or its none at all until they have all proven that they can live in harmony, which would nullify the need for nuclear weapons anyway.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
DEEZNUTZ,

What is Illegal about Israel's nuclear weapons? Israel has not signed the NPT and therefore are not in violation of it. India and Pakistan are two other nuclear states that also did not sign the NPT.

You are correct on this point, but not on the others.

Iran signed the NPT, received nuclear know how as part of the treaty and are now violating it by enriching uranium for weapons.

There is no evidence they are creating highly enriched weapons grade Uranium. Many people may believe that is there intent, but nothing shows this is what they are doing. They are testing a single 164 centrifuge cascade. It would take more than a decade to produce a single nuclear weapon with this. Everything is consitant with producing reactor fuel.

They do have lots of room to add centrifuges and supposedly enough parts for ~1000 more, but these are not assembled and the UN inspectors have not been kicked out.

If it wasn't for weapons then they would have not enriched it into solid metal form but into gaseous form.

You are misunderstanding the enrichment cycle. Uranium metal, which is composed of the energetic U235 and U238 'depleted uranium', is separated from yellow cake ore. This is converted into Uranium Hexafluoride (UF6) Gas which is spun in the Gas Centrifuges slowly drawing off the heavier U238 creating greater U235 concentration. ~30% is required for reactor fuel while greater than 90% is required for weapons. The resultant is converted back to metal after enrichment.

Whether making reactor fuel, or nuclear weapons the Uranium will be converted into gas.

If it wasn't for weapons they would have agreed to allow Russia to enrich the uranium for them,

They are entitled to enrich their own fuel as NPT signatories just like Japan, South Korea, Brazil, and other countries. If they outsource fuel production they lose control of the supply leaving them at the mercy of foreigners who may, or may not be inclined to deliver fuel in the future. The recent Russian shutdown of the gas pipline establishes precedant for this concern. Besides which they can make their own fuel at a much lower price than Russia would ask.

if it wasn't for weapons they would have not spread their facilites all over Iran in deep bunkers.

If Israel had not bombed Iraqs nuclear facilities many years ago Iran would not have to spread out theirs in deep bunkers. Its also a passive safty factor employed by other nations. UF6 is highly toxic but heavier than air. Spills and leaks must be contained, and what better way than to burry it?

While Israel has not violated the NPT since it is not a signatory, Iran has!

Iran has not violated the treaty. I would like to see the resolution, or declaration showing them to be in violation. America is seeking to deny Iran the right to enrich nuclear fuel, and whipping up chicken little stories..

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

There is nothing illegal about it at all...then again we wouldn't know if anything was being done legally or Illegally since they refuse to have any type of oversight whatsoever.

The UN inspectors are allowed full access, and have not left Iran. Iran has agreed to inspections more strict than in any other nation. The media says things in a round about way that makes you think this is what is happening, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Irans program, especially the enrichment centrifuges, are under the IAEA inspecion program.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

There is nothing illegal about it at all...then again we wouldn't know if anything was being done legally or Illegally since they refuse to have any type of oversight whatsoever.

The UN inspectors are allowed full access, and have not left Iran. Iran has agreed to inspections more strict than in any other nation. The media says things in a round about way that makes you think this is what is happening, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Irans program, especially the enrichment centrifuges, are under the IAEA inspecion program.

Sources?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Sources?

The source is the UN.

If Iran had kicked out the inspectors the IAEA would have said so, and it would be all over the news. You can find dozens of news articles about what the inspectors have done recently, and no where will you find a report saying they were kicked out.

Iran has agreed to the most invasive inspections in the world, and they had not found them to be in violation of the NPT.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

Sources?

The source is the UN.

If Iran had kicked out the inspectors the IAEA would have said so, and it would be all over the news. You can find dozens of news articles about what the inspectors have done recently, and no where will you find a report saying they were kicked out.

Iran has agreed to the most invasive inspections in the world, and they had not found them to be in violation of the NPT.

I didn't think that Iran kicked them out but I was under the impression that the inspectors packed everything up and left. The article had said they removed all Cameras and seals

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The article had said they removed all Cameras and seals

Iran withdrew from the non-binding Paris accord. Seals that had been in place for almost three years while America stalled any solution were removed in the presence of IAEA inspectors. They have not said they will end IAEA inspections.

Restarting their enrichement program is not a violation of the NPT.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Topic being carried on here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to continue the topic there.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join