It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US man jailed for Bush death plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
In breaking news a U.S man has been jailed for 30 years after plotting to assasinate the President.

news.bbc.co.uk...

What makes this a bit sus for me, is that he was "questioned" in Saudi Arabia, where he "confessed" before being brought back here where he pleaded not guilty and now has been sent to jail for 30 years...

I don't know, but all i can say is i'd confess to just about anything if i'm being tortured. It's human nature..

To me it seems like this mans civil rights have been breached, especially as a U.S citizen.

Surely this is situation needs further attention? Seems like the actions of a police state...

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
For one, he has not supplied any proof that he was tortured. (Im NOT saying it does not happen and I do realize that a Saudi jail is not exactly warm and fuzzy either).

Also, its pretty clear, popular or not, if you make threats against a president your going to spend alot of time in jail.

All things considered he should feel lucky that he was not tried under Saudi law.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Fair enough. It seems he has not supplied any proof that he was tortured. (which i must say would be fairly hard to prove)

But as a U.S citizen why was he remanded in a Saudi Jail for 2 years before being tried?

I'm not suggesting that there was no truth in the charges...I'm simply inferring that with all the recent claims of state condoned torture and the like....his story does sound plausable..

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
But as a U.S citizen why was he remanded in a Saudi Jail for 2 years before being tried?

Perhaps he was facing Saudi charges as well????

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kojac

From the base article:

Abu Ali was detained in Saudi Arabia in June 2003 and held there until February 2005, when he was returned to the US and charged.

I would say that he was trying to take advantage of the more lenient US court system. Too bad he didn't get a life sentence.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

A US court has sentenced a US citizen convicted of plotting to kill President George W Bush and conspiring to support al-Qaeda to 30 years in jail.
Ahmed Omar Abu Ali, 25, was found guilty on all nine counts in November, including conspiracy to hijack a plane.

The Arab-American student was held in Saudi Arabia in 2003 and reportedly confessed to membership of al-Qaeda.

Why do people have such a difficult time reading articles and posting the actual facts?!?

[edit on 30-3-2006 by ferretman2]

[edit on 30-3-2006 by ferretman2]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
And why do people trust the corporate owned media to tell them the facts or the truth? Two doctors who have examined him have corroborated his claims of being tortured.

www.democracynow.org.../03/30/157210
Ahmed Omar Abu Ali Sentenced to 30-Year Term
Here in the United States, an Arab-American man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for joining al-Qaeda and plotting to assassinate President Bush. Ahmed Omar Abu Ali was convicted in November after spending nearly two years in a Saudi Arabian prison, where he says was tortured into making a confession. Two doctors who examined him corroborated his claim.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by goose]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I only got one thing to say.

It's just a shame that they caught him so early...

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Wow is right, just thinking such things can get a visit from the feds these days. Their probably tapping your phone by now.

BTW did you read my post above yours that says the poor man was tortured into making those statements and two drs have collaborated that he was tortured. Of course their not reporting any of that on mainstream news.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

What is that supposed to mean? Please elaborate.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and wait for your response, because I don't want to think the obvious.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by truthseeka

What is that supposed to mean? Please elaborate.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and wait for your response, because I don't want to think the obvious.

Yeah, right.

I ain't gonna elaborate. Especially with the surveillance grid getting bigger and bigger. I'll just say don't give me the benefit of the doubt.

top topics

join