It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you could make a film of the book what would it be?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
the Alienist, by Caleb Carr. However, to make it an even decent film, would be like 3 hours long.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Raymond E Feist - Magician and the rest of the Riftwar Saga

That isnt based off of the Palladium Games "Rift" pen&paper rpg is it? I heard they made a few books but could never seem to find them.

About books turned into movies, Im not a big fan of it. However I would like to see a "real" version of H.G. Wells "War of the Worlds", one that is true to the book. I hated that crappy black and white version, it wasnt creepy at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man.

ANYTHING by Terry Pratchett

Pratchett is God !!!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Thanks Flinx! (Can't go wrong with Morgan freeman!) I would've have mentioned Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's...But then I thought of the BBC produced show, I bought on DVD...erm, ONLY funny if you read the book(s)...I'll leave it at that

But appearently they are making it into a movie!! Check This out! Ooh awaiting a good floorrolling!

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm there !!!!!!!!

Front row centre for tickets at the premier with a pan galactic gargle-blaster in my hand.!!!!!!!

I'm trying to think who would make a good Zaphod Beeblebrox........

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Gotta agree with the Wilbur Smith man.

I thought Schloss Rodriganda (Karl May) and its sequels would make a great mini-series.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
They Thirst. Robert R McCammons answer to Salems Lot, where vampires overrun LA in the first step to world domination. And none of these crappy Matrix style/Blade vamps please! Keep it gothic and traditional.

They are remaking War of the Worlds BTW, set in Edwardian England.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Personally, I'd like to see Ender's Game made into a movie. Also, R.A. Salvatore's Icewind Dale Trilogy.

ender's game would be VERY signifigant right now. one of the best fiction books ever.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I would do it *right* first off as I've been really let down and even PO'd by some of the book turned movies that have come out. They just didn't impress at all, especially some of the Stephen King films..oh my goodness, I'd be kicking some director/producers rears if they did that to one of my books
If you've ever read some of his books and then seen the movie, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Also, the movie "Bless the Child" it was a terrible take on the book!! It is totally different in the book, much much deeper, very scarey, very real!

I would like to see the book "Green Darkness" turned into a movie *IF* done properly it would be a fantastic movie

Mags

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I'm afraid that you have all missed one of the most influential series in fantasy literature of the last three decades....The Belgariad series by David and Leigh Eddings. It's a really AWESOME read, and I'd suggest that you go find any/all books by either of these authors immediately, especially the ones i've told you about. There are i believe five books in the Belgariad series, and another five in the Mallorean series, which comprises the bulk of the story. BOth are then followed by three volumes, titled Belgarath the Sorcerer, Polgara the Sorceress, and The Rivan Codex, respectively. Go now, find them, and enjoy...

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I just checked out the link for the hitchhikers g.t.t.g. and just had to say GREAT! can't wait. It will be strange to see other actors portraying the characters after seeing the tv series more than a few times and my brother also had the album which was basically the audio from the series .It got pretty worn out in my house when I was younger. I should imagine that there could be the potential for some pretty spectacular special effects if they've got a good budget

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Clive Barker's Imajica would be awe inspiring; so much more than
a love story. It would require quite a visionary director just because Barker's so surreal.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by daeldren

Raymond E Feist - Magician and the rest of the Riftwar Saga

That isnt based off of the Palladium Games "Rift" pen&paper rpg is it? I heard they made a few books but could never seem to find them.

Nope. He made his own little fantasy world.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
"The Sunset Warrior" series by Eric Van Lustbader - best fantasy stuff I've ever read.
Also by him - the Nicholas Linnear series(The Ninja etc.)

Anything by Terry Pratchett - guy's a damn genius
lastly "The Wolf's Hour" by Robert R McCammon - set in WWII about an allied soldier who is also a werewolf. This could be updated for present day.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Anything by Hunter. S. Thompson or
The rum diarys, hell's angels.

- Firestarter by Stephen King.

A decent Lord of the flies film would be excellent.
I'd like to see someone try and make a film adaptation of the unbearable lightness of being, that would be good.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Definitely any of Harry Turtledove's series. Awesome stuff!

Also, The Hot Zone by Richard Preston.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
West of eden by Harry Harrison is a really good science fiction story where the dinosours were never wiped out and one breed of reptiles become the most advanced race on earth and then when the ice age hits they are driven to search for warmer climates and it is then that they come across man.
this book has got loads of different wierd and wonderful creatures that have been genetically developed to serve their reptile masters and I just love a film with amazing and strange animals in it. I don't know how the leading actors would feel about appearing as lizards , or maybe computer generated graphics might be better for them.
It would be really good if a few screen writers could read this thread and maybe get some ideas from it.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'd either go with a Clive Cussler novel or maybe the Clan of the Cave Bear series. The first book was done already, but sucked major. Or the Amreican series by John Jakes. Again did the first book in the series, but it again sucked major. But Clive Cussler is just ice when it comes to stories. Though alot were kinda US vs Communist Russia, so out of date, but still good.

Saw someone mention Tom Clancy. So why not The Bear and the Dragon? NATO(including recently added Russia) vs China. Great book.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I was so lucky my beloved gave me a copy of the Belgariad. I read every single one of the series plus the three others. They were so entertaining. The movie would have to give them the proper justice. I really liked the characters and especially Polgara. The magic principles seemed like they could actually be tangible in real life, sort of like the Carlos Castaneda books where you work on strengthening the will. a reply to: Loki

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I would like any number of Jessica Amanda Salmonson's books. The Tomoe Gozen saga, Oh Lu khen and the Beautiful Madwoman, or one I read many years ago I believe is called the Swordswoman. These are all fantastic reads and would be fun to watch on the big screen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join