It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you could make a film of the book what would it be?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There are so many really good books out there that have totally been overlooked when it comes to making blockbuster movies . I read a series of books about a place called riverworld where everyone who ever lived since the beginning of time was ressurected along the banks of a huge river which winded across the whole surface of this planet. If you died you were re-ressurected at another point along the river. It was about the quest of one man to reach the source of the river and to find the truth behind the creation of the planet. the authors name is Phillip Jose-farmer I think (I read it a long time ago). I think it was made as a two part drama for telly but I think it would make a good full length film.
Also I think that its brilliant that the lord of the rings triology was made but I really wish that they had started it all of with the hobbit as part of that particular series of films .
has anyone else got any ideas for the next big blockbuster

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Tom Clancy - Red Storm Rising
Badass book and would make an awesome film.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Clive Barkers The Damnation Game.

I loved that book...
I also wouldn't mind seeing someone who doesn't suck at making movies, make something out of the Dragonlance series (at least a couple of the books)

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wilbur Smith: River God I and II and The 7th Scroll.

Both brilliant books....can't figure out who'd play the main characters in RiverGod but 7th scroll:

Nicholas Quentin-Harper - Pierce Brosnan
Royan Al-Simma - Catharine Zeta Jones

What ya think?

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I would also like to see more of Anne Rice's vampire chronicles on the big screen. especially the tale of the bodythief , and memnoch the devil.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Stephen Donaldson's "Thomas Covenant Series"
Harry Turtledove's "The Guns of the South"
Peter David's " Star Trek, The Next Generation: Vendetta"

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Harry Turtledove's Colonization: Second Contact.

I am reading the book right now and it seems good.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Raymond E Feist - Magician and the rest of the Riftwar Saga.

And then probably the Serpent war saga

The serpent war saga would be almighty good ;P
But you'd have to know whats happened int he Riftwar saga first off ;P

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A book-story, i mentioned in the 'Celestine Prophecy' thread (see todays posts)...
a paperback, novel-ette? called Stranger in a Strange Land--Robert A Heinlein
kinda dated now...but i give copies to all my new friends, for the last 3 decades already...
which is kinda recent, cause i'm 1,538 now....

enjoy your journey pantha

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Tom Clancy - Red Storm Rising
Badass book and would make an awesome film.

The second I saw the subject of this thread, I thought of the same thing. Excellent book.

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It would be really good if you could give a little description of what the books are about. I must be missing out because I haven't heard of a lot of them.I'll have to look up some reviews on them.
I wonder how you would go about getting a book made into a film in the first place, short of starting up your own film company.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Edgar Allen Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart"

So it isn't really a book, but if you did a small bit of improvising and adding, you could make it an awesome movie. The average, every-day guy driven to murder by his neighbor's creepiness. Then, the average, every-day murderer driven to insanity by the "beating" of his victim's heart. Awesome story.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
They have already made movies of that book. They are a little wierd.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man.

Absoulty the best book ever!

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Raymond E Feist - Magician and the rest of the Riftwar Saga.

And then probably the Serpent war saga

The serpent war saga would be almighty good ;P
But you'd have to know whats happened int he Riftwar saga first off ;P

The Magician and the Riftwar Saga are about this:

There is a world that has humans, elves, dwarves, dragons, Dark Brothers (Elves that are turned to the dark side ;P), it has magic, war, castles, seas, kingdoms, lands, tc. Your everyday fairytale sorta stuff. Like the Lord of The Rings sorta thing. Except the magician "Pug" is going through his life as an apprentice magaican, when his kingdom is getting hit from the inside by people who speak different language and are different people, short, powerful, use wooden swords, have lots of honour, different traditions, etc.

There has been made a rift from thier homeworld into this world. And they are invading this world. They are invading the kingdom. Anyways it's a big tallyho adventure with pug, and other poeple, and evels, dwarves, dark brothwers, magic, etc and huge battels being fought with castle walls, etc. Some battles lasting like a month or more...a year at this one castle.

Anyways the firt closes via magic, and the war is over.

But trouble is on the horizon...."the Serpent war saga"

Where damn this is gunna be hard to explain....and it has waaaaay more battles, action, intruige, more subtle little parts in the sotry, etc. So i'm not explianing it in detail. Basically a HUGE army is coming from overseas like none seen before developed by dark forces and they are coming to the kingdom to invade and t release some terrible force from many millenia ago that want back into Midkemia (their world), Abnd the kingdom has to go to war again, but be defencive, and prepare for it, and they do and the huge war is in the kingdom taking place. Huge battles, magic again, etc. Demons, etc.

Anyways it has HEAPS of magical things, and fairy tale things, and evil, unead, thigns, etc. Thiings from out of places sucha s the Cryptology area, mystical being, mythical being, etc.

Lots of stuff, thieves, assassins. Everything ;P

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'd love to see Arthur C. Clarke's Rama Trilogy make it to the silverscreen! Those book are frockin' pageturners, extremely well written, IMO.

Basically about an alien cylindershaped vessel entering the solar system, an the subsequent contact with it, and what then ensues! Read it!

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
hmmm that sounds quite good , the sort of books that I could get my teeth into. Sounds as though it could make a good film. We've been spoilt with the lord of the rings films in fairly quick succession, and once the return of the king has been on the big screen there will be a gap that could be filled by a story like this.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by operatoreleven
I'd love to see Arthur C. Clarke's Rama Trilogy make it to

They're making it. Well, they're making a movie based on the first book at least.

Personally, I'd like to see Ender's Game made into a movie. Also, R.A. Salvatore's Icewind Dale Trilogy.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Really, Flinx? Haven't heard about that! Do you have any further info, a link maybe?

[Edited on 11-10-2003 by operatoreleven]

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Nothing really concrete but....

movies.yahoo.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join