It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not permitted to view... grrr!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Doh, yeah it's RATS... I was thinking of "way" instead of "really" for the first word. Obviously I've never used that forum.

Interesting how that ###WARNING THREAD### topic kept popping up in the recent replied threads though.

Anyway, no big deal... I can live with it. I just got a bit frusterated because it happened to me 4 or 5 times yesterday.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I agree,it's like going to Disneyland waiting in line,then finding out you need an "E" ticket to ride

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
and earn the points so you can gain access to R.A.T.S.
Everybody here that has access earned their access that way.

Springer...

[edit on 3-30-2006 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Could someone hint as to whats in the really abover top secret forum?

I may want to go in there one day but might feel I'm blowing all my points on hot air!

What could be that secret?

And I thought this site was about freedom of information anyway.

Kinda makes me feel second class poverty dividing line mentality!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The RATS forum is there so that pages within it, DONT get put on Google...
keeps nosy non ATSers out...

I was also noticing the WARNINGXXX thread was still popping up... i can only think that is due to the people trying to pull it up (page views, instead of posts)

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Just saw a link in recent posts in regards to the ATS weekly, with Aleister Crowley at the end but I cant view it, maybe this is one of the ones that all here are talkin about?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There seems to be a glitch at the moment whereby the complaints forum (including several administrative log threads) is visible to visitors and non-staff members.

The titles are visible but the threads remain inaccessible to non-staff.

Staff are aware of the problem and I'm sure it will be fixed in due course.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
and earn the points so you can gain access to R.A.T.S.
Everybody here that has access earned their access that way.

Springer...

[edit on 3-30-2006 by Springer]

Theres also the very swanky open bar and cheese puff madness mondays.

RATS can be worth the points I guess it depends on who you are and what you like to spend your points on. I'm not really a points guy and my rats fee is really (usually) the only time I spend points. So for me it's worth it.

RATS much like the rest of ATS has it's pros and cons, there will be things in there you're not interested in and things you find intriguing.

It can also at times be very helpful. During the whole crazy SERPO thing RATS served as a great venue for more frank discussion on the subject matter and I think was very useful for a lot of people.

Like everything else, you get what you puts in, but I think if you're here and you've got the points RATS is as good a reason to spend as any.

Until of course I can start exchanging points for some form of baked good...hey Simon you listening?

SPiderj

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hello

Pentagon 911: CatHearder's analysis under critical scrutiny.

This thread was in my subscribed list and recently bumped up, because someone named "stormbear" made a reply in it. The strange thing is that this ATS user only registered 3 days ago and have only made one single post, obviously the one in the thread i'm talking about. See here.
And the thread is located in the trashbin.....

Weird, isn't it ? Can mods explain this ?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Hello

The strange thing is that this ATS user only registered 3 days ago and have only made one single post, obviously the one in the thread i'm talking about. See [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/member.php?action=viewpro&member=stormbear]here.
And the thread is located in the trashbin.....

Weird, isn't it ? Can mods explain this ?

The thread was trashed after he posted.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
OK, somewhat related stuff here:

I've been off the 'net for some 2-3 weeks and came back today (well, really yesterday as my time zone just shifted) and somewhere in my Settings or memCenter or wherever I noticed a list of threads I had posted in. I wanted to head back there to see what had happened since, and on two or three occasions got that "not for you" message. These were threads dedicated to that S matter - is this now off-limits on this forum? Last I was here we had reached the stage of He Who Shall Not Be Named, but is the whole subject now out?

I just wanted to know, since I really enjoyed the whole discussion in the megathread, both pro and con. If the reason, or whatever, shows up somewhere else around ATS, please excuse my post; but I haven't found anything yet.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Just saw a link in recent posts in regards to the ATS weekly, with Aleister Crowley at the end but I cant view it, maybe this is one of the ones that all here are talkin about?

Go to the newsletter link and enter you email address and you'll get the newsletter every thursday night (U.S.time).

Springer...

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hello,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above thread from "aliens & ufos" forum was closed a few hours ago by Intrepid. But now i see that it has just been re-opened, but can only be seen by RATS members ?

Why that ?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Sending the stormtrooper there....you otta be ashamed!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Serendipitous Springer!

(Thanks for the U2U clarification, by the way.) How about a "RATS Teaser" or something? I mean, perhaps/probably the place is as good as hinted at, but how could a lowly peon such as me really know? Enlight me, good sir.

Sultry Spiderj!

(Sorry; confused you with Donna "Spider" Houston, MD. My apologies.) Ties in with the above. Of course I'd like to lounge in the bar, chugging Guinness and munching on the juiciest sweetmeats available to conspiracy theorists, but since it's a monthly points drain it almost seems to encourage spamming. Not for those with loads 'n' loads of pts., but for us lowly peons. Or should I throw caution to the wind and jump into every thread I have even the slightest information/knowledge/refutation of and about? Usually, I don't get involved unless I'm "interested today" (as per my newbie declaration elsewhere) or feel I can participate in correcting some misunderstanding or update something.

Sorry everyone!

Didn't mean to ramble on, but you get my drift: would the RATS cost really be worth the cost? Please, enlighten and illuminate me.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
No problem ochre it can get a bit confusing at times around here...but regarding ats point drains it's not an automatic re-up every month you have the choice of renewing your membership to rats or not so if you spend points on it one month you aren't going to have your points automatically deducted when it's time to renew your subscription.

I have noticed some threads in rats that quite frankley I don't think need to be in rats but as for spamming, I haven't seen it (though it's possible I missed something). So you can subscribe for a month and if you don't like it you don't have to re-up.

Just an fyi.

Spiderj(the male one...though I can be sultry too)

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Here's my latest "can't view" link. www.abovetopsecret.com...
It was at the bottom of the list of recent topics.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I recently posted in a thread titled "Could the Whitehouse be Attacked Successfully?" It was sent to the trash bin, and I was rudely greeted by the thankfully not omnipresent "Sorry, you are not permitted to view this forum" text that is without proper grammar.

Why was this thread trashed? Because we were giving the terrorists ideas? Clancy's already taken care of that.

It was a fair and legitimate discussion, although I admit that I did miss the last post or two.

edit: nede dcitinoary

[edit on 12/4/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join