It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not permitted to view... grrr!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Just a suggestion:

Hide those topics which we underpriveledged users are unable to view from the Recent Topics area! It's a bit frusterating when I see an interesting topic title, and then when I click on it I can't view it.

Don't dangle the chocolate in front of me if I can't have it!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Which topics are you referring to?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It happened to me twice in the last half hour. Can't remember the title name, but it was in the "recent topics" list. I've learned to live with it, but it still bothers me a little.
Can't they hide them for us peeps that can't view them?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What posts are yous exactly talking of? I could never view a RATS thread in the new posts section until I purchased the rights.

Maybe in the Hot topics on the main page?

Any information to add so maybe we can add some insight.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It happens. If you refresh your "recent posts" page it should be gone. It was probably a thread which was trashed for some reason. Trash, a waste of time and not worth looking at anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Actually I'm referring to the main page, with the recent topics on the left column. It shows recent topics, even those that are unavailable to me... such as posts in WATS and administrator-only areas.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
the only times I get that are when I try to open a topic thats in the moderators only forum. they are listed in the recent column. I get this message, maybe the same thing you are talking about "This thread is in a forum moderated by: SimonGray
Sorry, you are not permitted to view this forum "

they have a topic titled "Proof of jewish..." that had me trying to take a look, only to find it in a mod only area.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The main page, just scroll down and look on the left for "Discussion Board Recent Posts".
Quite a few of those lead to topics that you can't view because you don't have permission.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Could someone post some titles and/or links to some of these threads?

I'm looking at the main page, but not seeing anything that looks like its in a restricted forum.

Maybe I'm missing something.

(As Helmutt mentioned, threads that get trashed may appear there, but a refresh should clear them. "Proof of jewish..." was basically a junk/ad post for a website and was trashed. I don't think RATS posts should show up at all, though.)

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Sometimes a thread is started, and you reply to it and it gets into your subscribed list, but then they trash it or move it because it's gotten out of hand. It stays in your list even though it's been moved or removed from the board until you click the little red x and remove it yourself.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It would be nice if they changed it so all register members can VIEW the WATS forum. However, NOT be able to post anything. Is there a way to trade ATS points for WATS forum viewing? I have a theory that all the mods get together and have a mod discussion on recent world events, then come to a consensus on what side they stand on, and they post and reply all with that similar view. I think they do alot of research, so that even if they are not always correct, they have alot of information, to make it sound that way. sorry mods, no offence.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Line Party

I think the public post histories of the staff do a pretty good job of dispelling the myth of an "ATS party line" on topics.

Staff members are still members, and each of us is fully entitled to maintain and express our own opinions about the topics discussed on ATS.

And I assure you, they vary widely.

As for the mystery threads, if anyone without RATS access can grab a RATS link off the front page, please let me know.

We wouldn't want the little rascals running all over the website.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It looks like there aren't any at the moment, but the next time I hit one I'll post it here.

Just trying to help.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yes, I think they may be threads that have become trash.
They were on the list of topics you see because they were in the public area. Until the screen refreshes or the thread moves down the queue, you get that "dead" link.

In the case of that "proof of Jewish" thread, it was indeed sent to the trash bin.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
A Friend With Beer...

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
Just trying to help.

Hey, never anything wrong with that.

Thread titles, or -- better yet -- a copied link (in Firefox, you can right-click on the link, select "Copy Link Location" and paste the URL into a post) can help us track down any specific bugsorZ that might be causing this.

And that sort of help is always appreciated!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by acura_el2000
...the mods get together and have a mod discussion on recent world events, then come to a consensus on what side they stand on...

Ohhhhhh thank you so much, I haven't chuckled like that since I was a little green man. Good one.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by acura_el2000
I have a theory that all the mods get together and have a mod discussion on recent world events, then come to a consensus on what side they stand on, and they post and reply all with that similar view.

Yeah, especially TC and RANT. Their views always match

I can honestly guarantee you that nothing like that has ever happened.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Ok, as an example, the "WARNING THREAD ### ". It's in the trash bin, but people must be replying to it as it keeps popping back up in the Recent Posts list.

Like I said before though, I've also seen this with WATS and other off-limit areas. It seems that if a post has a fresh reply, it shows up in the list, regardless of whether or not the topic is off limits to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
ahh shucks. I was wrong then, I belive you mods.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We don't even have a "WATS forum"... Do you mean RATS? NObody is replying to trashed threads... THat's why they are TRASHED, they are usually racist, spam (someone trying to sell something), or just plain insane and unintelligible...

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join