It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something cool today,,, took pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I had to drive from Minerva, Ohio, to Kent and back to pick up a load of wine bottles. On the way back as I neared Suffield I saw the GoodYear Blimp flying along slowly (Suffield is the home of blimp base 1). I pulled over in a convenience store parking lot and took this picture.
Blimp1

About 2 miles up the road I saw the sign for "Blimp Base 1" and turned right. About a half mile up the road I could see the hanger.
Blimp2

To me this was totally cool! I'm right there within a couple hundred yards of the GoodYear Blimp!
Blimp3

One more pic of the blimp and the hanger together.
Blimp4

I wanted to take pics of the blimp going back into the hanger, but it just kept circling and I had to go.

I was pretty thrilled anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Great pics

Am only privvy to see commercial planes & cessnas here =(

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Cool pics. I'm from Middletown, Ohio. I can relate to the fascination of locating the source of such a iconic symbol. AAC

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Are you sure that is the blimp man? It could be a seagull you know? They look shiny and silvery and they are hard to make out when flying into the wind.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
denythestatusquo,

I was in "that" topic, when I read your post I laughed so hard I almost spit beer all over my computer.

Laughter is the best medicine, I feel better now.

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I Remember me and my mates seeing a blimp promoting the phone network Orange flying over our street back in 1994

top topics

join