It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye Bye Winchester

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Say goodbye to your 30-30.

The parent company of Winchester is going to outsource production, but only after they can production of the rifle that "built" the US.

After a .22, this is the rifle that all kids should learn to shoot, but it seems no-one is...

Bad Hurstell

from the source:

The company says it wants to keep the Winchester name, but make more modern and more profitable weapons elsewhere.

Let me guess, in China?

mod edit: Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 26-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Oh i thought you were talking about the city Winchester in th Uk. Oh well you do like to steal every idea from us

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Marlin is making a better lever action and has for some time. I really did not want to believe this but my 45-70 GG is great.

It's sad, i like knowing that Winchester is around.

Roper

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
There is a pre-1964 lever-action Winchester Model 94 in .30-30 in the family gun collection, and that is one powerful, straight shooting, nimble bush rifle. All my older brothers took their first buck with it, too bad we had moved off the ranch before my turn came around on it. I have still had lots of fun at the long gun range with it, right on target at 200 yards. I also have a Winchester Model 1400 in 16 gauge that hasn't seen much use lately due to circumstances beyond my control. Oh, and don't forget the Winchester Model 70 bolt-action in 7mm Remington Magnum, shoot that one a couple times and your shoulder won't forget it for a while. Really the end of an era with the company ceasing production of the Model 94

[edit on 29-3-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I swear, one day, I will see in the headlines: U.S. to outsource newborn baby production.

NN

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The Winchester company was founded by Oliver winchester. The name has nothing to do with your country.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
And where do you think his name came from, genius...

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Hi--

Well, for those who wish to know, Winchester isn't the only FA company in the US that is in trouble. Almost all of them are, and almost all of them have cut production. The reason is that the majority of available firearms quality steel and alloys available in the world market have been bought up. Wanna guess by who? China, of course. That being the case, Winchester and a few others don't have any real choice if they want to ramain in business and competitive.

new topics

top topics

join