It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I called John Kerry's office in D.C. today....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I just thought I'd share this with you all. I have decided to call some Senators and Congressman to get their stance on UFO disclosure and tell them what I think they should be doing on the subject...

I asked the guy who answered if John Kerry had an official stance on UFO disclosure, and if he did "what was it?"

He said he would have to put me on hold which he did for approx 45 seconds... came back on and said "no he doesn't"

I then told him that Senate and Congressional hearings on UFOs were well over due and that the Air Force has used the termination of Project Blue Book in 1969 to excuse them from any further UFO studies. I also mentioned the Disclosure Project and gave him their web site.

He promised me that he would pass the information I had given him to John Kerry.

One down... 20 more to go... won't you all join me in speaking with one LARGE voice on UFO disclosure?

[edit on 29-3-2006 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hmm, is disclosure a good idea though? Look at what contact with an advanced 'alien' civilization did to the american indians. Be difficult if that happened to all of the earth.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
While i admire your chutzpah, from experience I would say the best way to approach this would be to send letters not call. There are basically two main reason for this method.

First, it's a paper trail. Emails also are good but hard copy letters are the best form. It's also a bit more formal and political types like that.

Second and most important you have to understand that these people get phone calls all day long...lots and lots of phone calls.

Within a five minute span of when you called they most likely received other phone calls along the lines of people wanting Kerry to make the evil rogue cia cabal stop beaming dirty messages into their head and theres always that one person who wants to know why John Kerry wont admit that the person on the phone is actually his illigitimate child;concieved between John Kerry and Yoko Ono during their breeding experiments with elvis and the illuminati.

In other words your just another kooky caller. When the person tells you they will pass it along they mean it. What they don't tell you is that they'll be laughing their tuchas' off as they sip scotch and go through the call list.

Phone calls just don't work.

Start writing those letters...those aren't much better but it will get them to take you a tad more seriously.

Keep on fighting.

SPiderj

ps viva disclosure

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
He promised me that he would pass the information
I had given him to John Kerry.

Was John Kerry actually there? Considering that he is
absent from DC more than 80% of the time it would be
hard to get ahold of him.

I give you a
on effort though. Excellent. Hope
you are able to make some headway. But John Kerry
definately isn't the one to start with. Try some sens
who actually get to DC once in a while.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It wasn't Kerry himself, but rather an official aid to him...

I have also called in the last 30 minutes Hilary Clinton, Joe Biden, Edward Kennedy, and Joe Lieberman's offices.

I get the same thing from all of them... "UFOs as in Unidentified Flying Objects sir???" and "I'm sorry, I don't know their possition on that matter." and a lot of silence on the phone when I tell them all that I know and what I'd like to see happen. Some of them sounded quite impressed. I think if they heard more people like myself who are truely searching for and demand to know the truth, they might put a wee bit more effort in looking into the matter. Until then, they won't give a rats ass and they'll stay misinformed on the UFO subject.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You might try senator Istook...(Ok)

I dont agree with what he says all the time, but i do feel that he acts in the best interests of his christian voters...
and they dont pay him...
or for that matter, our governor is a pretty straight shooter also (when he isn't on vacation)

so try and find the good ones...
but watch out... if you come across someone on the inside, your name will likely be remembered

but as usual... keep at it, Oh great disclosure warrior...

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Called McCain. Left a 5 minute detailed message that if he hears it will be sure to make his ears "PERK" up a bit.

Ike Skelton and some other old time hard ballers to go on the armed services committee to go and then I'll wait another few weeks and call them all again. They don't ask for your name, email, or street address which I like so you can call as many times as you'd like to get your point across.

I know it won't make must difference, but at least I can say I tried which is what the majority of people on UFO/ET web site chat forums can't say...

No offense ATS. I love it here.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I just called Jack Reed's office in D.C. and they seemed very interested in what I had to say. They kept asking me questions and they actually sounded interested and said they thought this was an important issue that should be followed up on. So I was pleased.

I called 20 senators/house reps in all today. All of which sit on the Armed Services Committees. I told them all that I felt there needed to be more congressional hearings on the UFO subject and that it's time for disclosure.

Felt rather good to be honest. Got a lot of steam off my chest.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Hmm, is disclosure a good idea though? Look at what contact with an advanced 'alien' civilization did to the american indians. Be difficult if that happened to all of the earth.

Or when Neanderthals, met Homo Sapiens for the first time.
They were around for 10's of thousands of years.
Then, Homo Sapiens made it out of Africa, and into the realm of the OTHER Humans. Coinciding with the Downfall of the Neanderthal.

I often wondered how that actually played out though. I've always assumed that we were just a little more adaptable, a little more clever with toolmaking.
We won the competition.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well, I applaud your tenacity, original poster guy. But its gonna be a tough battle. I had a friend, who as an intern, was assigned to the mailroom. His job was to assign each and every received communication to a pre-prepared form letter response that was arranged in a 2 dimensional matrix of possible form letter responses.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
Well, I applaud your tenacity, original poster guy. But its gonna be a tough battle. I had a friend, who as an intern, was assigned to the mailroom. His job was to assign each and every received communication to a pre-prepared form letter response that was arranged in a 2 dimensional matrix of possible form letter responses.

But on the other hand, if we take the stance of "well me calling in/writting letters to senators/house reps won't do a darn thing so I'm not going to waste my time" then we sure as hell won't see disclosure in our life time.

I know it's a hard case to crack. But if we don't stand up as one voice in the UFO community, we will never know what we could have done. Apathy never solved anything or got to the bottom of any truth.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Considering we all live in democracies and that the people put in our power were put there by us and are called civil servants you'd think they do what we tell 'em a little more.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Considering we all live in democracies and that the people put in our power were put there by us and are called civil servants you'd think they do what we tell 'em a little more.

If you're not in the majority, or have a ton of money, they could care less...

That is the illusion of Democracy...

Even though we deserve to know the truth about the reality of Extraterrestrials and UFOs, since the majority do not take it seriously and do not contact them, they could care less...

Start to make more sense?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Someone should start a thread with all the Senators and Congressmans' snail mail and e-mail addresses. In this thread it should ask all members of ATS to in their spare time to write letters about this issue and other issues. If they receive 10,000 letters, that would be amazing, They couldn't ignore it they would have to take some action. Just an idea.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
Someone should start a thread with all the Senators and Congressmans' snail mail and e-mail addresses. In this thread it should ask all members of ATS to in their spare time to write letters about this issue and other issues. If they receive 10,000 letters, that would be amazing, They couldn't ignore it they would have to take some action. Just an idea.

www.house.gov...
www.senate.gov...

Both have convenient links for contacting your representative.
Have fun.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Some of the numbers I called today for those who would like to voice their opinion:

John Kerry 1-202-224-2742
Edward Kennedy 1-202-224-4543
Joe Lieberman 1-202-224-4041
Carl Levin 1-202-224-6221
Joe Biden 1-202-224-5042

John McCain 1-202-224-2235
John Warner 1-202-224-2023
Jeff Sessions 1-202-224-4124
Saxby Chambliss 1-202-224-3521

*This is just to provide a choice, not to make anyone do anything they don't feel comfortable doing*

[edit on 29-3-2006 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I agree with Spiderj, they probobly won't give a second thought to your call. If you wrote a letter they'd take you alot more seriously.

Although it may not even get considered then, the chances are much higher. Keep trying and good luck. I would think a man like Kerry would be more open about such things. He seems like the type.

I could be wrong of course...

[edit on 29-3-2006 by Kacen]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It's fine to call your elected officials. In fact, that can be very useful in extreme matters. However, the best way to get a politician's attention is to write a letter. I can assure you that the last thing on John Kerry's mind is UFOs. If you write him a sincere, well thought out letter with some citations, which for a member of ATS shouldn't be that difficult or time consuming, you will put him in a position of having to address it himself or assign someone to it. If you're a constituent, he has an obligation to provide you with a reasonable response. I'm sure that that forty-five second delay was to make sure that the recorder was working.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Was John Kerry actually there? Considering that he is
absent from DC more than 80% of the time it would be
hard to get ahold of him.

Only him? Flyers?

Taking in consideration that most of the people in congress is running for another term they are all probably out of Washington doing what they do best, getting money to finance their political careers.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You called Kerry's office and asked for info on UFO's? That's awsome. Seriously more people should do that. I should harrass Stephen Harper on the subject but I don't have his number. Although it's true they'd probably take letters more seriously than phone calls. I seriously doubt that dude who answered the phone is really gonna pass your message to Kerry though; he probably just wanted to get off the phone fast
plus they get tons of phone calls a day. You should try and harrass Bush too just for the hell of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join